My Graphic Experiments

Wild Emotion

46 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

All three look fine to me.

I'm pleased that you mentioned the series because I recognised the character but couldn't remember which series they came from.

Sweet, thanks! ^^

And you're welcome. I try to make a habit of mentioning what anime the character's from, but sometimes I might forget. Being forgetful is unfortunately a huge part of my personality. lol It suuuucks.

• Like 1

Thanks to @Myouya for the name change. Otaku Gamer wasn't entirely accurate and seemed kind of generic for a username so I reached out for a name change that had meaning to it. I've always been defiant and rebellious, plus you all know my love of the android twins from DBZ/Super/GT, and I'm pretty sure it's known why I love Android 17 and 18 so much, but just in case:

My big sister, whose birthday was February 21st (She would've been 42, 7 years older than my upcoming 35th birthday on April 18th), I always looked up to and always got along with... well, except when I tried to be friends with her friends. She didn't like that, but we still didn't fight or anything. Ok, so, as a kid I grew up watching DBZ and GT. When I saw Android 17 and 18 I immediately identified with them, likening their close bond to me and my sister's bond. Plus it was the only brother and sister duo in anime I knew at the time, and for a long while after. So, that's why Androids 17 and 18 have a special sentimental place in my heart.

And so, that's why the new username from my previous one of Otaku Gamer. I'm still here, just sporting a new name. ^^

Here's my latest project:

5lccbqO.jpg

• Optimistic 1

1 hour ago, Android Rebel said:

And so, that's why the new username from my previous one of Otaku Gamer. I'm still here, just sporting a new name. ^^

Your new name didn't puzzle me for a moment, your sig picture gave you away. 🙂

1 minute ago, Animedragon said:

Your new name didn't puzzle me for a moment, your sig picture gave you away. 🙂

lol I'm glad it didn't, but just on the off-chance that it caught anyone off-guard. You're sharper than I ever was, that's for sure. ^^;

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Myouya said:

And I absolutely love usernames with deep meanings! A fantastic pick without a doubt.

Thanks again, now I feel better about my username and it'll always remind me of big sis' whenever I login here. :D I owe you a lot.

• Like 2

I made a new sig pic of 17 and 18. I like the renders in the above sig though, so I used those. Basically, more outer glow with the text and a different background. Took some resizing and cropping but I think it still looks ok. What do y'all think?

FO12mrh.jpg

They're both good. The top one has better expressions on the characters, while the bottom one is more dynamic. But on balance I think I prefer the top one because the character artwork is better.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

8 hours ago, Animedragon said:

They're both good. The top one has better expressions on the characters, while the bottom one is more dynamic. But on balance I think I prefer the top one because the character artwork is better.

Thanks for the help. ^^

I finally figures out how to add a border/frame using my main image editor: Photopea. So, here's the before and after set:

tMXNu6D.gife22jOVm.gif

6oHV89N.jpgFnCHSrv.jpg

What do you think? An improvement?

Edited by Android Rebel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Animedragon said:

A nice subtle border. Borders can make quite big difference to the appearance of a picture.

I couldn't agree more. I like this new one. The digital broken glass background didn't make too much sense but I liked how it looked, but this one makes more sense.

• Like 1

Ok, so, in the spirit of Str.A.In: Strategic Armored Infantry, I've been messing around with the border possibilities for the avatar and sig. What do you think? Is black ok or should I try a different color? Anything on the RGB scale I could try if I wanted to, but black seemed to fit best. I just wonder if I'm right?

sFKU31z.gifSH4qkq5.jpg

2 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Ok, so, in the spirit of Str.A.In: Strategic Armored Infantry, I've been messing around with the border possibilities for the avatar and sig. What do you think? Is black ok or should I try a different color? Anything on the RGB scale I could try if I wanted to, but black seemed to fit best. I just wonder if I'm right?

I think the black looks fine. Any other colour would detract from the image in my view.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

3 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I think the black looks fine. Any other colour would detract from the image in my view.

Thanks, man! I was wondering if I should do a mix of white and black, blended together. That'd be interesting, but I'll see how it looks before using it. Just gonna take some tweaking in the image editor again.

Ok, so I made an outer black border with an inner white border. Let me know how it looks when compares to the original black border.

JDHU0Ju.gif98T64EQ.jpg

23 minutes ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Ok, so I made an outer black border with an inner white border. Let me know how it looks when compares to the original black border.

Nice, but the black outer border leaves a hard edge that doesn't look as good as the original version.

34 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Nice, but the black outer border leaves a hard edge that doesn't look as good as the original version.

Hmm, ok. Oh well, some experiments don't work out. lol Thanks for the valuable input though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Hmm, ok. Oh well, some experiments don't work out. lol Thanks for the valuable input though.

While some experiments don't work out if you don't experiment you don't learn anything.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Animedragon said:

While some experiments don't work out if you don't experiment you don't learn anything.

True enough. Without doing it in the first place, there's only thinking about it and speculating.

• Agree 1

Ok, so I made a new sig pic. It's supposed to represent the twins from Trunks' timeline where everything is destroyed and dystopian. What do you think? Due to the dark tone of the background a black border would've been hard to see, so I went with the white inside the black to show where it is better.

wPWzLzU.gifH5HWLVR.jpg