Shocking Anime Moments?

daversjamers

Fate/Apocrypha. Episode 17, when it turned out Rider of Black wasn't a girl. I was bamboozled, I was shocked, I was confused.

Another one would be the ending of Berserk 1997. I went in blind, and the final episode was a complete gut punch. Didn't see it coming. 

Finally, it would have to be Wolfs Rain. I had no idea what the anime was about, the opening led me to believe it was a werewolf anime set in New York. I was so off. However, the final OVA was another turn I wasn't expecting, then again, I do like darker anime such as Evangelion, Monster, Pyscho Pass, Ergo Proxy and Madoka Magica. So, it actually propelled Wolfs Rain into one of my favourite series. Not top ten but its up thier. 

I think the most shocking moment for me came at the end of "I want to eat you pancreas", it was obvious from the start that Sakura was going to die, but how she died was quite a shock and something I just didn't see coming. 

Lets think about that?

Mobile Suit Gundam 

See the source image

I mean I knew it was coming but not like that... best headshot of all time!

Space Battleship Yamato 2199

See the source image

This episode shocked me. If you watch it, you know what I mean 

Stiens;Gate

See the source image

This show never stopped shocking me from start to finish, from episode to episode it just kept changing.

Death Note 

See the source image

I'll take a potato chip and eat it! 

Code Geass 

See the source image

My god that ending... perfect!

Edited by MarathonGuy1337

One of the most shocking moments in anime, for me anyways, was when Ultimate Gohan got absorbed by Super Buu in DBZ. I was thoroughly convinced he'd save the day.

Another one was when Chrono got frozen in time by his own horns in the process of taking them back from Joshua in Chrno Crusade. Almost as shocking was how he came back though.