Something Stupid You've Done After Watching An Anime

KaiyaSaysHaiya

Have you ever watched an anime and it influenced you to do something rather stupid? Maybe you tried to summon demons in a public bathroom, or screamed out 'baka' in the middle of an important meeting. Whatever it was, was the outcome good or did anime fail you miserably?

A few months back having watched the whole series of Aria I became so used to the Undines calling out "Gondola Torimas" when they emerged from a side canal into a larger one that I started doing it at my local supermarket every time I pushed my trolley from a side aisle to the main one. Fortunately I didn't say it too loudly and were few people around so no one actually heard me. 😃

• Funny 3

Sadly(?) I can’t blame my stupid behavior on anime :P  … unless i count how much money I’ve spent on it over the decades particularly during the VHS era when you only got 3 or 4  (sometimes only 2) episodes per tape 😭

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 3

Here in the UK we only got two episodes per tape in the VHS era.

I try not to remember how much I've spent on anime related things over the years. But then again, unlike many of my friends who smoked 20 or so cigarettes a day and visited the pub most evenings I've still got something for all the money I spent.

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Here in the UK we only got two episodes per tape in the VHS era.

I try not to remember how much I've spent on anime related things over the years. But then again, unlike many of my friends who smoked 20 or so cigarettes a day and visited the pub most evenings I've still got something for all the money I spent.

Remember, anime is an investment

For a stupid thing I did well after I watched Naruto and sword art online as a kid I turned pretty much every guy in my school as anime fan. I don’t know how I did it but I did

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 2

3 hours ago, Animedragon said:

It certainly is.  And I'm now enjoying the returns on my investment in anime DVDs because there's so little on TV these days that's worth watching. 😄

That’s the main reason why I don’t watch tv and instead watch anime on Crunchyroll or on dvd/Blu-ray 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Remember, anime is an investment

For a stupid thing I did well after I watched Naruto and sword art online as a kid I turned pretty much every guy in my school as anime fan. I don’t know how I did it but I did

That's good! New Generation entertainment from North America is a bad influence on society.

• Like 2

this isn't too bad, but my sister's and I were watching Kotaro Lives Alone (god, I talk about the series a lot).

Spoiler

we were up to the episode where Karino discovered Kotaro had to eat tissues before, and how they taste sweet.

so what did we do? we all grabbed tissues and began to eat them. I can confirm they were sweet.

for the record, my sister's are 5 and 8 years old

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

That’s the main reason why I don’t watch tv and instead watch anime on Crunchyroll or on dvd/Blu-ray 

Interesting to know that the UK isn't the only country with rubbish TV.

Actually, that's a bit unfair, there have been some interesting TV programmes this year, but I could probably count them on the fingers of one hand.

• Like 2

Ha… one time I was watching banana fish on a public bus, it was on the last episode and by the end I was crying so much the bus driver actually got up to ask if I was ok. I was so embarrassed I got off the bus and had to wait for the next one…  I don’t know if that counts lol…

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes when a character talks in an overly cutesy or angsty tone in an anime I've mimicked them to poke fun of how silly they sound. I've only done this at home, so only my parents have heard it. A few times they asked "are you talking to yourself in Japanese," and I had to say yes.

• Funny 3

Lol, I'm not sure why I do this, but In my mind, after watching a character train or do something awesome, I imagine myself doing the exact same thing,,,
Not only that, I'll try to train like them for like - a day or 2, then give up immediately, after doing tedious research on how the character works out or trains. 

Lastly, I talk in a Ash Ketchum voice, and say crude and odd things that just make people look at me weird, for example, one of my quotes are "PIKACHU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!?"....yeah, it's strange, but fun. And I can do his voice pretty well!

• Like 1