bekjam

Hi!

I'm from The Netherlands and have been an anime addict waaaay back when Akira just came out. I grew up watching the old Dragonball cartoons, at that time these were only available here in Chinese(my friend got the old vhs tapes from Chinatown in Amsterdam) and I couldn't understand a thing at all, lol.

I taught myself japanese when I bought a japanese 16bit nintendo game console and the games were all japanese(well duh). Started with the basics such as hiragana, katakana and later learning kanji and actual grammar. Now years later I still watch anime, my favorites being: Gintama, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Soul Land, Jujutsu Kaisen and I probably forgot some too.

Nowadays I try to watch most japanese anime without subtitles. In daily life I design anime and 3d art and sell it on sites such as RedBubble. My main occupation is developing software though.

Hope I'll enjoy this community! :)

• Like 4

Welcome! 

I also occasionally do softwareish stuff.  Mostly maintaining some custom monitoring and control s/w that I wrote years ago for a NOC but occasionally something new.  My current job is test & integration though so not so much new dev.  Mostly gap-filling utilities/scripting and test automation these days.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 3:23 AM, bekjam said:

Hi!

I'm from The Netherlands and have been an anime addict waaaay back when Akira just came out. I grew up watching the old Dragonball cartoons, at that time these were only available here in Chinese(my friend got the old vhs tapes from Chinatown in Amsterdam) and I couldn't understand a thing at all, lol.

I taught myself japanese when I bought a japanese 16bit nintendo game console and the games were all japanese(well duh). Started with the basics such as hiragana, katakana and later learning kanji and actual grammar. Now years later I still watch anime, my favorites being: Gintama, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Soul Land, Jujutsu Kaisen and I probably forgot some too.

Nowadays I try to watch most japanese anime without subtitles. In daily life I design anime and 3d art and sell it on sites such as RedBubble. My main occupation is developing software though.

Hope I'll enjoy this community! :)

Welcome to AF! It sounds like you jumped through a lot of hoops to feed your passion for anime. That took a lot of dedication.

• Like 1