Any Dynasty Warriors Fans?

IntoMyWorld

I really liked this game, played it a lot in the past with my good ol' ps2.

I played DW6 on it, completed all the storylines, I like that guy from Wei, his name is Sima Yi, I know he used fan in previous game but I prefer him with his claw.

[spoiler=.jpg]latest?cb=20130317213938

I like Ma Chao from Shu too, probably my 2nd best character, I like his sword and his reason to fight. As in Wu, I dont really have much preference tbh, well Zhou Yu is a good character indeed but yeah.

As far as I remembered though, I read the storyline in the game, in the end Sima Yi managed to built his own dynasty after beating Wei army and then his son took over, not sure but if thats how it goes, I think thats the reason I really liked the guy in the first place.

I'm probably going to buy DW7 later, need to pick up this game again.

Edited by Guest

@FSL29

Dynasty warriors 8 it's much better, I like lu xun as a character :-)

Well, I prefer playing it in order, so I would play 7 first.

And damn I just read the whole story of Sima Yi in wiki, and this guy is a legend xD.

He is the best character in the story for me indeed. And it seems he did create a new dynasty that even lasted longer than the three kingdoms dynasty.

I never liked Sima Yi, i found him very annoying and foolish, his children on the other hand aren't bad characters but they are a little odd compared to the other kingdoms, if you play the game you'll see what i mean.

I dont think he is foolish, I mean he literally beat Zhuge Liang in wits and he also managed to set-up a dynasty for his grandson.

I watched some cutscenes recently about his son(DW7), I quite liked both of them. I dont particularly like Liu Shan though(son of Liu Bei). He is sh*t compared to his father.

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

Reviving an old thread :D! Not played Dynasty Warriors in a while, but yeah, I'm a fan, although not fully completed one yet, problem I have with Dynasty Warriors is that there are so many characters, but not that much variation, so I kinda prefer Samurai Warriors over it!

I might be wrong, but I see Dynasty Warriors as completing the Wei/Wu/Shu story, yet it's still viewed as if it's a "character" story, whilst Samurai Warriors you complete a character story!

On the subject of weapons, I like using Sun Shang Xiang, with her chakram, so it's a shame she switched to a bow and arrows in Dynasty Warriors 6! Similarly, I like using Oichi, with her kendama, so again, shame they changed her weapon later!

Need to get round to getting Strikeforce at somepoint, along with Warriors Orochi! I do have Hyrule Warriors, but never found the time to play it, and they've now releasing/released Hyrule Warriors Legends!

Need to play Capcom's "version" of Samurai Warriors too, at somepoint, Sengoku Basara; I say "version", as Capcom did the Sengoku period first - it's crazy to compare the differences between the characters!

Right here, actually I'm fan of the whole Warriors series. Im also a big fan of the 3 kingdom era so DW games are pretty enjoyable for me.

Also always Day 1 for Xingcai.

I wish DW 9 info comes already. I logged in 500hrs on DW8 Empires and now I'm just logging in a bunch of hours in SW4 Empires. Hopefully some of the characters from DW Burst makes into the game, especially Mama Wu and Bian Shi. Cao Cao needs his wife in their too if Lui Bei and Sun Quan gets to be with their wife lol.

• 7 months later...

Oh, I fricking love DW! The hours of mindless fun you get out of it is so worth it, especially with the Empires expansions in each installment. I personally started following DW from DW5 onwards. That installment is probably the best one I've played out of all the installments they have so far.

I find it kinda funny too, this is what got me interested in the Three Kingdoms Era of chinese history. It's pretty fun to learn about it as you play through the game -- get a bit of educational bonus on the side, you know? :P

I like what they did with DW8 storylines. I think it worked out for the best for now; but looking at long term, I'm not sure if I'd like for it to stay as is or revert back to character storylines, instead of the Kingdom storylines. That said though, Jin's storyline may benefit greatly if they stick to the Kingdom storyline format in future installments, if they ever decide to expand upon it more.

I'd say Kingdom storylines would be best for Dynasty Warriors as there are so many characters, that it's going to take a lot of hours to complete the story of each individual character, and when the missions are the same, it can be a bit taxing, in my opinion!

Yeah, agreed. So far, we have DW7 and 8 in Kingdom storyline format and to tell you the truth, I'd like for DW9 to be in the same format as well. The character storyline in DW5 is one thing I didn't really like, as it forces you to play through one stage multiple times -- only as a different character just because you wanna unlock the next playable character lol. 5: Empires was great when it came out though, I forgot about all the grinding I had to do in the main game xD. I probably clocked in more than 100 hrs on Empires alone back then

I'm hoping they will go back to a proper base system like in DW6, where you had a certain amount of enemies to defeat to take over bases, mix that with DW8 and it would of been perfect! Like where you actually had to keep an eye on bases and assist troops when needed!

I also Want Lu Xun to go back to his Dynasty Warriors NEXT fighting style, they ruined his combat in 8

Also they Ruined alot of the maps in DW8 or changed them Completly :/

I just really liked DW 6, if they had that but with the gameplay and story advanced of 8 it would Slay...

Team Wu!

;)

Edited by Guest

I'm hoping they will go back to a proper base system like in DW6

Oh yeah, I actually liked that mechanic. It's like, you actually fight over and use the bases that you take over like what happens in Empires expansions. I kinda hated the defense bases in DW6 though. The guys with the shields constantly keep blocking attacks lol.

And I dunno about you, but I haven't played much of DW7 when it came out mainly because no english voices :(. So DW8 was a huge step up for me compared to DW6 and I liked what they have given us with the installment. The maps were mostly fine, in my opinion.

Character wise though, I'm assuming you're a fan of Lu Xun? My favourite in DW5 was actually Ling Tong. His combos were excellent for crowd control, he was pretty much my main officer for the Empires expansion. When 6 came out, I think it was Cao Pi. And then 8 comes around and wow, Xu Shu is op lol. xD He's my favourite now and I use him as my main officer in 8 Empires.

I'm honestly split between Wu and Wei for favourite kingdom. I can't really pick just one :P

No English voices!? Interesting, so it used the original Japanese audio? If this is the case, was DW8 dual-audio, or did it revert back to dub only?

As far as I know, DW8 is dual audio on Xtreme Legends. It's the one that I have. And yeah, I'm sure 7 wasn't dubbed. :( They did translate the dialogues into english through game subs, however.

Oh yeah, I actually liked that mechanic. It's like, you actually fight over and use the bases that you take over like what happens in Empires expansions. I kinda hated the defense bases in DW6 though. The guys with the shields constantly keep blocking attacks lol.

And I dunno about you, but I haven't played much of DW7 when it came out mainly because no english voices :(. So DW8 was a huge step up for me compared to DW6 and I liked what they have given us with the installment. The maps were mostly fine, in my opinion.

Character wise though, I'm assuming you're a fan of Lu Xun? My favourite in DW5 was actually Ling Tong. His combos were excellent for crowd control, he was pretty much my main officer for the Empires expansion. When 6 came out, I think it was Cao Pi. And then 8 comes around and wow, Xu Shu is op lol. xD He's my favourite now and I use him as my main officer in 8 Empires.

I'm honestly split between Wu and Wei for favourite kingdom. I can't really pick just one :P

Yeah, Lu Xun was my fav to play as but they ruined him in 8XL

I dont remember the defence bases from 6!

But it has been years!

I have num 5 sitting in my room gathering Dust xD I find it too old to play now sadly :(

Maybe i should just try.....

Also 7 Does have English voices

Proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLEfiya1zxU

Hmm, I could've sworn mine didn't. O.o Is the video from the console versions? I had mine on the PC, the Xtreme Legends one. It could be dubbed on the main game but not dubbed on the expansions, like how DW8 and its Empires is right now. But ehh, it's been long ago.

5 has a special place in my heart for what pure fun it was back then. But yeah, I'd imagine it has aged a bit compared to more modern games and that could deter some people in going back to try it out, especially if it wasn't a game you played back when it first came out.

Currently the only game I've played is the Hyrule Warriors spinoff, and minus the hilarious voice acting of older games, I don't know much about it. BUT HW has made me interested in the series, so maybe one day I'll dip into the series

• 2 months later...

I'll be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of the original series, but just about any spin-off game that's like it, I'll play. Whether it be Berserk, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Dragon Quest Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors, whatever. I'm okay with pretty much any game that's like the DW series.