Ash Ketchum is no longer the Pokémon main character

KaiyaSaysHaiya

It was recently announced that for the first time in 25 years, Ash and Pikachu will not be the main characters of the next Pokémon anime.

Ash and Pikachu have always been a iconic duo, and the sudden change has left many shocked. Everybody loves the two, so why suddenly change? They are recognisable characters, whether you like Pokémon or not, and are special to so many people.

The beloved duo will be replaced with Liko and Roy, who will sport the Paldea region's starters from Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.

So, what does this mean for the Pokémon community? Will the series drop in popularity or will our new Pokémon trainers succeed to win the hearts of the Pokémon fans worldwide? Only time will tell.

images.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

I've gotta say, that is some disconcerting news. Even I grew up with those 2 as the iconic heroes in the original series that aired when I was a kid. Yeah, I used to watch it a lot once it caught my interest. I can't even imagine replacements for them. I just kind of thought they'd be a timeless duo for all the series going forward, so that's some sad news. I can't help but wonder why the switch.

On 2/28/2023 at 9:16 AM, Otaku Gamer said:

I've gotta say, that is some disconcerting news. Even I grew up with those 2 as the iconic heroes in the original series that aired when I was a kid. Yeah, I used to watch it a lot once it caught my interest. I can't even imagine replacements for them. I just kind of thought they'd be a timeless duo for all the series going forward, so that's some sad news. I can't help but wonder why the switch.

maybe they just wanted a fresh start. Ash and Pikachu have been around for a long time, so I see why they'd want to change. In the later series the duo have also become a lot stronger, and you don't want your mc to be too overpowered.

with that being said, it's still really disappointing and hopefully the new characters will be just as entertaining

• Agree 1