Hi, new here

Rose

Hi everyone!

So just to let you know a little about me, I'm 21 years old and from the USA. As far as anime goes, my favorites are definitely Dragon Ball and Slayers. I've watched a few others but I'm kinda new to anime actually, so feel free to share any good recommendations if you have them.

Just looking to have a good time and meet some cool people here. :)

• Like 2

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here 😁

Slayers, Slayers Next & Slayers Try were among the earliest series I bought on VHS back in the 90s. I think That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime has a similar tone with quite a bit of humor, but also willing to go into darker territory with the bigger storyline & villains. As far as purely comedic (like the Slayers OVAs/Movies/Specials)I think Rune Soldier & Konosuba are pretty good matches. I’ve been focusing on  simulcast anime for about 5 years now, but am also currently watching Monster & would like to make progress on the original Inuyasha. Personal faves are in my profile & sig. If you have specific genres you’d like recommendations on, feel free to ask.

Hope you decide to stick around.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here 😁

Slayers, Slayers Next & Slayers Try were among the earliest series I bought on VHS back in the 90s. I think That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime has a similar tone with quite a bit of humor, but also willing to go into darker territory with the bigger storyline & villains. As far as purely comedic (like the Slayers OVAs/Movies/Specials)I think Rune Soldier & Konosuba are pretty good matches. I’ve been focusing on  simulcast anime for about 5 years now, but am also currently watching Monster & would like to make progress on the original Inuyasha. Personal faves are in my profile & sig. If you have specific genres you’d like recommendations on, feel free to ask.

Hope you decide to stick around.

Hey there, and thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely check those out.

I see Azumanga Daioh in your favorites. I liked that one a lot too. :) I did think Inuyasha looked cool.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rose said:

I see Azumanga Daioh in your favorites. I liked that one a lot too. :)

That one & School Rumble defined the slice of life genre for me 

• Like 1