Which genre do you prefer?

Noumia

Fantasy & Supernatural, particularly In regards to mythology, legends & folklore (D&D, Tolkein, yokai, urban legends, cryptids). Not so much actual horror. Prefer romcom & slice of life over serious romance & drama. Generally seinen over shonen. Usually not a fan of sports based anime. Surprising I’m not a bigger scifi fan considering Star Blazers & Robotech were my earliest anime influencers. And of course there are exceptions to every rule.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

My choice of anime genre has slowly changed over the years and my favourite now is Slice of Life, that's not to say that I don't enjoy the occasional action or sci-fi series. I'm not interested in isekai series, despite Fushigi Yugi and Magic Knight Rayeath being among my favourite series but both of those are quite old now and come from a time before such series were called isekai and before the proliferation of isekai series that we have now.  I'm also not a great fan of sports anime, especially if they're about football or baseball. I definitely do not like horror series.

I've mostly watch Action, Fantasy, Thrillers and Space Opera. I also like for the shows I watch to generally be either well or even slower paced, with a few faced paced exceptions. I also do have a soft spot for anything even remotely deconstructionist in nature, so long as it isn't pretentious and is actually saying something. 

23 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Fantasy & Supernatural, particularly In regards to mythology, legends & folklore (D&D, Tolkein, yokai, urban legends, cryptids). Not so much actual horror. Prefer romcom & slice of life over serious romance & drama. Generally seinen over shonen. Usually not a fan of sports based anime. Surprising I’m not a bigger scifi fan considering Star Blazers & Robotech were my earliest anime influencers. And of course there are exceptions to every rule.

agreed

11 hours ago, Android Rebel said:

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to the genres. As long as there's a good dose of the supernatural and combat in it then I'm ready to watch it.

i think you and I have the same thinking  

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 6:32 AM, Noumia said:

Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Thriller I might have missed one but, I prefer these genres.

Not to be a smartass, but those aren't genres i think. Shonen, Seinen, Isekai etc etc are genres

1 hour ago, Bulleje76 said:

Not to be a smartass, but those aren't genres i think. Shonen, Seinen, Isekai etc etc are genres

Shonen and seinen are magazine demographics, not genres. It might surprise you to know that famous horror mangaka Junji Ito got his start in the shoujo horror magazine Monthly Halloween, and much of his other horror work is also classified as shoujo. Ko-On the cute slice of life music manga is a seinen because it's run in the seinen magazine Manga Time Kirara. A lot of romance manga like Nisekoi and Strawberry 100% were run in Shonen Jump and are thus shonen. I think you get the idea.

For me I'd probably say I'm inherently more interested in mecha, horror, thrillers, mysteries, dramas, romance, and comedies. I'm definitely a bit weary of video game and isekai themed shows, but sometimes I'll definitely find a few that catch my interest. Idol anime I have a hard time connecting with, but I loved Zombieland Saga.  Same with a lot of the long running battle and sports anime just because I've been burned so many times. However, there's a couple I'm still following.  I'm definitely willing to try all sorts of stuff if something about it catches my eye or it's highly recommended.

Edited by Arachne
spelling and gramatical errors
  • Agree 1

I personally like psychological thrillers and a little bit of horror. Just thrillers in general tbh. I also like a bit of action and slice of life. Anything that'll leave you on the edge of your seat or bawling your eyes out, really.

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya

17 minutes ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

IDK what your talking about?

spacer.png

Okay well maybe thier might be another genre of anime I prefer but I'll leave it to others to even attempt a guess 

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Mecha. 

Steam Community :: :: Astolfo shrug

Could be wrong, just a shot in the dark really.