Pleased to Meet Ya!

Arachne

I probably should have done this earlier, but hello!

I'm a trans woman in my early 30's living in the US. This is will probably be obvious later, but I am very much into yuri, horror, and mecha. Outside out of anime and manga I'm also into theater, card games, and tabletop roleplaying games. I'm recently getting back into building model kits, mostly gunpla (Gundam plastic models), but others too. And I'm and trying to branch out into more multiplayer video games like MMOs and fighting games.

As I've mentioned in some earlier posts, I grew up in era of Toonami, and especially as a teen would try to collect any anime DVD release I could. But seasonal anime has always kind been something I've never really kept up on super well.  However, I always try to get around to stuff that interests me and make myself watch a few new shows every year because I don't wanna turn into one of those our of touch people  who think "Anime was better in my day, there's nothing good anymore." More recently, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury has been my favorite show in a long time and has basically reignited my love of anime. And as a result I've gotten into gunpla and been trying catch up on anime from the past couple seasons or so like Bocchi the Rock, Stone Ocean, Birdie Wing, and the new Pop Team Epic season.

Additionally, as I'm  getting older I think media has turned into more of a social thing for me. I'm watching more stuff in group watchers or just in  general with friends or as part of a date. And obviously that does include anime. But it's been long since I've really been a part of any real online anime communities, and I've vary rarely been following or discussing new shows with people. But I'm thinking being in a community like this would also really invigorate and motivate me in much the same ways as the group watch stuff, so I really wanna give this place a shot.

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Welcome, hope you find things to interest you here 😁

3 hours ago, Arachne said:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury has been my favorite show in a long time and has basically reignited my love of anime

Despite watching anime for decades & getting my start with Star Blazers & Robotech, I’ve never actually finished a Gundam series. Witch from Mercury may change that as I enjoyed the 1st cour & plan to watch the 2nd when it starts in April. I’d previously watched the 1st season of Iron Blooded Orphans & would like to revisit/finish it someday.

But seasonal anime has always kind been something I've never really kept up on super well.

I’ve focused mainly on seasonals the past 5 years or so as I didn’t have access to streaming prior to that & it’s really expanded the types of anime I’ve discovered. But recently have also been wanting to cross some older titles I missed or didn’t finish off my PTW list. Currently almost finished with Monster and would like to make some progress on the original Inuyasha. And even though I’ve been saying it for a couple years now, would like to finish Fate Stay Night & Unlimited Blade Works before the year is over (Fate Zero is one of my all-time faves, but haven’t enjoyed the FGO projects that much).

Birdie Wing

That was my pleasant surprise series of last year & am looking forward to season 2 in about a month.

Anyway, hope you stick around. 

Edited by Ohayotaku