Why the Hate for Trans?

Wild Emotion

I've been wondering this... and can't really figure out why people hate on the trans community. Or just the LBGTQ+ community in general. I'm heterosexual and just a guy, but I'm open-minded to the point where I just wish people were more accepting of their stance. It's personally sad when haters go after the community, or one facet of it. Why do you think people hate on trans and the LBGTQ+ community? Because I honestly can't figure it out.

6 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

I've been wondering this... and can't really figure out why people hate on the trans community. Or just the LBGTQ+ community in general. I'm heterosexual and just a guy, but I'm open-minded to the point where I just wish people were more accepting of their stance. It's personally sad when haters go after the community, or one facet of it. Why do you think people hate on trans and the LBGTQ+ community? Because I honestly can't figure it out.

I think that part of the problem some people have with the LBGTO+ community is they way they are perceived to be forcing their views on everyone.  Here in the UK we have local councils painting pedestrian crossings in rainbow colours, train and bus companies painting some of their vehicles in rainbow liveries, various shops and businesses displaying rainbows in their shop windows and giving their staff rainbow lanyards to wear (whether they like it or not).  Some have called these practises  "Virtue Signalling" and a way of saying "look at us we're so good we support the LBGTO+ community". 

I've seen several pamphlets published by the LBGTO+ community which state that their view is the only one that's acceptable and if you don't agree you're in the wrong. These don't really do anything to promote their cause. I once asked a trans person why if I accept his views even though I don't agree with them why he couldn't accept my views, he refused to answer and just walked away.

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

I think that part of the problem some people have with the LBGTO+ community is they way they are perceived to be forcing their views on everyone.  Here in the UK we have local councils painting pedestrian crossings in rainbow colours, train and bus companies painting some of their vehicles in rainbow liveries, various shops and businesses displaying rainbows in their shop windows and giving their staff rainbow lanyards to wear (whether they like it or not).  Some have called these practises  "Virtue Signalling" and a way of saying "look at us we're so good we support the LBGTO+ community". 

I've seen several pamphlets published by the LBGTO+ community which state that their view is the only one that's acceptable and if you don't agree you're in the wrong. These don't really do anything to promote their cause. I once asked a trans person why if I accept his views even though I don't agree with them why he couldn't accept my views, he refused to answer and just walked away.

That also seems weird to me. I wish everyone could just respect other people's views without necessarily trying to change them, but that might be too idealistic of me.

• Agree 2

because old guys hate thinking a girl is sexy and finding out she has a dick, unless they know about it beforehand. 

They hate it more when their kids don't conform to the gender assigned at birth. 

princess-jellyfish-featured.jpg

ae713a_6382540.jpg

8f11db9f48bc1fab5e8aa2816d9d35218ee3fbc2

bb12ec7c73fc5066ed673a7f080267bd.jpg

0gtshvt8s4z21.jpg

Trap+shera+reboot+httpwwwshadbasecomsher

Edited by Clayton

@Rebel Spirit The answer differs from transphobe to transphobe. There's this fearmongering being held by many people who claim "They are grooming kids! They're degenerate! They're destroying society!" and so on. When in fact, it's mostly people who oppose human rights movements like Pride who end up committing said grooming crimes, being the most misogynistic and degenerate, and actually destroying society by actively persecuting innocent youth and destroying their lives (and their loved ones). Why? I have no clue, maybe they're scared of being "forcefully converted" or something? Which is pretty ridiculous. Gay conversion camps don't exist (but anti-gay camps do).

They say it's shoved into kids' eyes? Okay, but isn't heteronormativity doing that and even moreso? Is showing that we exist necessarily demanding that everyone be like us? Obviously not. Unlike the other way around, where if you don't conform to cisgender and heterosexual norms, you are excluded and pressured to hide your true self. I think it's both a misunderstanding for some, and just vile cruelty on others. I could go on about this for hours, even if this subject has been talked to to death, it's really not enough when trans people are now being openly persecuted in some US states (not to mention possibly a good chunk of the whole world, with few relatively safe places).

I can't wait for the day when we can go out to the street (or even just... exist, you know?) without fearing someone stabbing us, humilliating us, receiving accusations of being monsters without knowing a single thing about who we are.

It reaches a point where you don't know whether to cry from the harm they're doing, or laugh from their petty arguments.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Myouya said:

@Rebel Spirit The answer differs from transphobe to transphobe. There's this fearmongering being held by many people who claim "They are grooming kids! They're degenerate! They're destroying society!" and so on. When in fact, it's mostly people who oppose human rights movements like Pride who end up committing said grooming crimes, being the most misogynistic and degenerate, and actually destroying society by actively persecuting innocent youth and destroying their lives (and their loved ones). Why? I have no clue, maybe they're scared of being "forcefully converted" or something? Which is pretty ridiculous. Gay conversion camps don't exist (but anti-gay camps do).

They say it's shoved into kids' eyes? Okay, but isn't heteronormativity doing that and even moreso? Is showing that we exist necessarily demanding that everyone be like us? Obviously not. Unlike the other way around, where if you don't conform to cisgender and heterosexual norms, you are excluded and pressured to hide your true self. I think it's both a misunderstanding for some, and just vile cruelty on others. I could go on about this for hours, even if this subject has been talked to to death, it's really not enough when trans people are now being openly persecuted in some US states (not to mention possibly a good chunk of the whole world, with few relatively safe places).

I can't wait for the day when we can go out to the street (or even just... exist, you know?) without fearing someone stabbing us, humilliating us, receiving accusations of being monsters without knowing a single thing about who we are.

It reaches a point where you don't know whether to cry from the harm they're doing, or laugh from their petty arguments.

That's sad that it's society's mindset towards it. I'm hoping that, with time, things will improve. It's improved for women (though ridiculously enough it still isn't equal) so I've got hope for their agenda to one day be recognized for what it is as opposed to being demonized by the ignorant populace. Hearing that though really makes me want to make a safe haven for trans people. I don't exactly have the means to do such, but I'm motivated to now. Unfortunately, not everyone is open-minded enough to be so accepting, but I truly wish they would be. Maybe someday. I have to hope that, because the alternative is too bleak to think about. It still breaks my heart though that people can have so much disdain and hate for what they don't even understand.

• Friendly 1

4 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

That's sad that it's society's mindset towards it. I'm hoping that, with time, things will improve. It's improved for women (though ridiculously enough it still isn't equal) so I've got hope for their agenda to one day be recognized for what it is as opposed to being demonized by the ignorant populace. Hearing that though really makes me want to make a safe haven for trans people. I don't exactly have the means to do such, but I'm motivated to now. Unfortunately, not everyone is open-minded enough to be so accepting, but I truly wish they would be. Maybe someday. I have to hope that, because the alternative is too bleak to think about. It still breaks my heart though that people can have so much disdain and hate for what they don't even understand.

And that'll make a huge difference, even the smallest gesture. We all do our part to try and make this hellhole a slightly better place!

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Myouya said:

And that'll make a huge difference, even the smallest gesture. We all do our part to try and make this hellhole a slightly better place!

I wholeheartedly agree. It's one of the reasons why I'm still so nice, despite all the trauma I've endured throughout my life. I just don't ever want to be a part of the problem. My conscience would crush me if I even tried to. So, I'll keep trying to make my big sis' proud of me by doing the right thing when I see something bad happening. I just wish more people thought like this though.

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 11:33 AM, Clayton said:

There have been several states banning transgender shows, surgeries, medication, and any attempt to mention it. 

That's some intense censorship. Definitely isn't right.

There is a way around it. The actual wall uses the word "stereotypical" to describe how boys and girls should dress. So how about somebody open up a "Stereotypical" men's dress shop near the governor's house? Drag has stereotypes. 

6 hours ago, Clayton said:

There is a way around it. The actual wall uses the word "stereotypical" to describe how boys and girls should dress. So how about somebody open up a "Stereotypical" men's dress shop near the governor's house? Drag has stereotypes. 

Even still, I never thought the government would take such an "anti" stance towards the whole transgender issue. I mean, that's literal censorship. Something I thought our government would never do.

Well I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers were Pro Wigs/Tights

foundingfathers-72a5bed8b615469fd6db721a

2023-03-29.jpg

2023-03-30.jpg

2023-04-02.jpg

2023-04-05.jpg

How does this no "Crossdressing"' thing affect TV Shows?

The devil went down to Tennessee, he was lookin' for a soul to steal
His thong was in a bind up his behind
And he was worried he was gonna break a heel
When he came across the governor watchin' a drag show and thought it hot
And the devil jumped up on stage
And said, "boy, let me tell you what"
"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a drag queen too
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you
Now you dressed as a girl when you were younger boy
But give the devil his due
I'll bet a dress of sequined gold against your soul
'Cause I think I'm better than you"
The boy said, "my name's Bill Lee and it is just a sin
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret
'Cause I'm the best there's ever been"
Bill Lee, shave your legs and work that stage hard
'Cause Hell's broke loose in Tennessee, and the devil deals the cards
And if you win, you get this shiny dress made of gold
But if you cross-dress, the devil gets your soul
The devil opened up his case and he said, "I'll start this show"
And fire flew from his fingertips as he adjusted his bra and took a bow
And he pulled his tail along his g-string
And it made a evil hiss
Then a band of demons joined in
And blew elementary school kids a kiss
When the devil finished, Bill Lee said, "well, you're pretty good, ol' son
But sit down in that chair right there
And let me show you how it's done"
"Flaming on the Mountain" run girl-boys, run
The devil's got a pair of nice tight buns
Chicken in a bread pan pickin' out dough
Can we see this show? No, child, no
The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that golden dress on the ground at Bill Lee's stiletto-clad feet
Bill Lee said, "Devil, just come on back if you ever wanna try again
I done told you once you bitch, I'm the best drag queen that's ever been"
He told the grade schools "run boys, run"
The devil's in the House and has nuce buns
The chicken in a bread pan pickin' out dough
Can kids watcha drag show? No child, no

Edited by Clayton

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 7:17 AM, Rebel Emotion said:

There is no single answer to this question, as the reasons why people hate on the trans and LGBTQ+ community are complex and varied. Some individuals may hold prejudiced beliefs about gender and sexuality, which can lead them to view members of these communities as abnormal or immoral. Others may feel threatened by the growing acceptance and visibility of trans and LGBTQ+ people, fearing that their own traditional beliefs and values are being challenged.

Additionally, some people may simply be uncomfortable with the idea of gender and sexual diversity, due to a lack of exposure or understanding. Social norms and cultural values can also play a role in shaping attitudes towards trans and LGBTQ+ individuals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaryannFarmer said:

There is no single answer to this question, as the reasons why people hate on the trans and LGBTQ+ community are complex and varied. Some individuals may hold prejudiced beliefs about gender and sexuality, which can lead them to view members of these communities as abnormal or immoral. Others may feel threatened by the growing acceptance and visibility of trans and LGBTQ+ people, fearing that their own traditional beliefs and values are being challenged.

Additionally, some people may simply be uncomfortable with the idea of gender and sexual diversity, due to a lack of exposure or understanding. Social norms and cultural values can also play a role in shaping attitudes towards trans and LGBTQ+ individuals.

I grew up in the 90s, so maybe that's why I'm open-minded. My mom is open-minded towards it too though, and she's in her early 60s. I know it's pointless to wish, but sometimes it just seems like hating is the easier thing to do instead of trying to understand an agenda. I mean... are human beings really geared towards hate that much? It's depressing after a while of thinking about all the ways people hate. I just wish they were more accepting, because I'm not even a part of the community and I've had more than enough of all the hate towards LGBTQ+.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebel Emotion said:

I grew up in the 90s, so maybe that's why I'm open-minded. My mom is open-minded towards it too though, and she's in her early 60s. I know it's pointless to wish, but sometimes it just seems like hating is the easier thing to do instead of trying to understand an agenda. I mean... are human beings really geared towards hate that much? It's depressing after a while of thinking about all the ways people hate. I just wish they were more accepting, because I'm not even a part of the community and I've had more than enough of all the hate towards LGBTQ+.

It's great to hear that you and your mom are open-minded towards the LGBTQ+ community. It's true that some people find it easier to hate or be intolerant towards those who are different from them, rather than trying to understand them. However, hate is not a natural inclination of human beings. It's a learned behavior that can be unlearned.

The important thing now is to be strong and move on because your family has supported you. In this society, no matter what you do, there will be people who hate you, just be confident, have fun.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaryannFarmer said:

It's great to hear that you and your mom are open-minded towards the LGBTQ+ community. It's true that some people find it easier to hate or be intolerant towards those who are different from them, rather than trying to understand them. However, hate is not a natural inclination of human beings. It's a learned behavior that can be unlearned.

The important thing now is to be strong and move on because your family has supported you. In this society, no matter what you do, there will be people who hate you, just be confident, have fun.

I like that philosophy. It's unfortunate that it's easier to hate though. I wish there was a world where it was easier to be accepting. I'm glad I never learned to hate like they do. Makes me feel like the better person, trying to rise above it. I hope those in the LGBTQ+ community can also rise above it, even though there's a lot to rise above for them, unfortunately. Just wish I could do something to help.

Again I think we should send thank you cards to the governor of Tennessee featuring pictures of Bugs Bunny in drag thanking him for bringing this issue to everyone's attention. 

73krwielxce71.jpg

352046a1465d8dca3d737237a212ea3066e2f72a

Edited by Clayton
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Clayton said:

The governor of Tennessee made it a 6 year sentence to do a drag show

I guess the governor had better not come to the UK  because we have a traditional form of entertainment called Pantomime where the the leading lady is always played by a man in drag, known as a Pantomime Dame. Pantomimes are very popular, especially at Christmas time.

• Like 1