I'm learning Japanese so I won't need subs but...

mohsen

hi

that's I too hit the bullet. I'm learning Japanese. but I've already hit some roadblocks:

Japanese Tutorials:
they don't teach you how to write in Japanese. take a Japanese letter in Japanese noun for example : Kon'nichiwa: こんにちは  how do I write this? take one of the letters for example ん how am I supposed to write it. do I start at the bottom, above? is it left to right or right to left?

I've exhausted the google search (with my bad English 😂) and I can't find the answer.

if I could find like a YouTube Playlist with writing in Japanese in mind, that would help me a lot.

do you guys know where I can learn how to properly write in Japanese?

PS: also is there also an app for this?

Japanese light novels:

I read novels and trying to read a novel in Japanese would help a lot so I google searched "top japanese light novels" and this was the first link!!!

when wrote light novel I meant a novel that is easy to read, not a novel that's about to become an anime!!!🤣
just some light reading, that's what I meant.

I had no Idea in Japan these are considered light novels (don't get me wrong, now that I've figured that out I can't stop thinking about reading them, but first let's learn japanese by reading an easy to read novel first)

where can I find light readings?

• Like 1

I'm interested in your journey regarding reading material.  I've actually partially followed the same path as you are on but I have absolutely no free time and the time I do have has unfortunately had to be allocated to higher priorities than advancing my Japanese reading skills.  I've randomly found a few books at the library that contain mostly/only kana and there's places online that contain a bit of material at my (i.e. gradeschool) level of Japanese reading.  You might check out places like tadoku.org.  If you find other such places then I would be interested in hearing about it/them as well.  (I also have the problem that I'm old enough that furigana in light novels is often too small or too faint to read so that's an additional barrier for me.)

I've always been a big reader of English material and I while I'm not conversational I can understand quite a bit of spoken Japanese as well.  When watching anime I prefer Japanese-language audio and I often forgo subs.  Though I doubt I could even pass the reading part of the JLPT-N5 due to my abysmal kanji skills I can read katakana and hiragana no problem so I think if I could find more reading material that minimizes kanji I could make some progress on the Japanese side.

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 1:00 PM, mohsen said:

hi

that's I too hit the bullet. I'm learning Japanese. but I've already hit some roadblocks:

Japanese Tutorials:
they don't teach you how to write in Japanese. take a Japanese letter in Japanese noun for example : Kon'nichiwa: こんにちは  how do I write this? take one of the letters for example ん how am I supposed to write it. do I start at the bottom, above? is it left to right or right to left?

I've exhausted the google search (with my bad English 😂) and I can't find the answer.

if I could find like a YouTube Playlist with writing in Japanese in mind, that would help me a lot.

do you guys know where I can learn how to properly write in Japanese?

PS: also is there also an app for this?

Japanese light novels:

I read novels and trying to read a novel in Japanese would help a lot so I google searched "top japanese light novels" and this was the first link!!!

when wrote light novel I meant a novel that is easy to read, not a novel that's about to become an anime!!!🤣
just some light reading, that's what I meant.

I had no Idea in Japan these are considered light novels (don't get me wrong, now that I've figured that out I can't stop thinking about reading them, but first let's learn japanese by reading an easy to read novel first)

where can I find light readings?

I always  thinking for learn Japanese  be first read read new chapters and some of manga never gets translated.

Still not close  idea starting doing it ..