Where will technology lead humanity?

Wild Emotion

So, I've been wondering where technology will lead humanity. Frankly, I see humanity making an AI that begins to think we're unnecessary and wipes us out. It isn't impossible. Nothing's impossible, right? Ok, so, my question is this: do you think technology benefits or hinders humanity? Are you for it or against it? I'm for it until the AI creation starts, then I get a little worried. How about you?

13 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

So, I've been wondering where technology will lead humanity. Frankly, I see humanity making an AI that begins to think we're unnecessary and wipes us out. It isn't impossible. Nothing's impossible, right? Ok, so, my question is this: do you think technology benefits or hinders humanity? Are you for it or against it? I'm for it until the AI creation starts, then I get a little worried. How about you?

Have you read Jack L Chalker's four volume Sci-Fi story Rings of the Master?

It's about an AI system that was tasked with protecting its creators and decides that the best way to do that is to rule them and ruthlessly control their lives. The story follows a group of people who discover that there are five gold rings that are the keys to disabling the AI system, but the AI doesn't want them to do this and is hunting them down.

It's not a bad story, but in my view it's overlong and contains much unnecessary filler, however the ending and how to use the rings is quite well thought out.

10 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Have you read Jack L Chalker's four volume Sci-Fi story Rings of the Master?

It's about an AI system that was tasked with protecting its creators and decides that the best way to do that is to rule them and ruthlessly control their lives. The story follows a group of people who discover that there are five gold rings that are the keys to disabling the AI system, but the AI doesn't want them to do this and is hunting them down.

It's not a bad story, but in my view it's overlong and contains much unnecessary filler, however the ending and how to use the rings is quite well thought out.

No, I haven't read that but it sounds like an interesting read. So, it's 4 books?

1 hour ago, Rebel Spirit said:

No, I haven't read that but it sounds like an interesting read. So, it's 4 books?

Yes, four books.

1, Lords of the Middle Dark
2, Pirates of the Thunder
3, Warriors of the Storm
4. Masks Of The Martyrs

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

Yes, four books.

1, Lords of the Middle Dark
2, Pirates of the Thunder
3, Warriors of the Storm
4. Masks Of The Martyrs

Nice. I'll have to look into trying to get them.

28 minutes ago, animechat said:

Check books then when free time read one.

Never hurts to read a good book, right? ^^

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Technology is also to blame for mass negative feedback from the general public online; otherwise known as "hating." In the future, I hope the "haters" don't get more attention. The boundary line should be at self-centered critics.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Technology is also to blame for mass negative feedback from the general public online; otherwise known as "hating." In the future, I hope the "haters" don't get more attention. The boundary line should be at self-centered critics.

I agree wit you there.

14 minutes ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Technology better not try to influence the weather. That would be a serious mistake!

Yeah, but by the same token if the weather continues to deteriorate like this, what will we do? I think it's a no-win situation.

On 4/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Technology better not try to influence the weather. That would be a serious mistake!

Are you kidding? I would kill for a weather control device at this point. 

6 hours ago, Clayton said:

Are you kidding? I would kill for a weather control device at this point. 

Maybe, but what if it went wrong? There'd have to be a lot of trial and error with something like that, which is a scary idea.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:53 PM, Android Rebel said:

Maybe, but what if it went wrong? There'd have to be a lot of trial and error with something like that, which is a scary idea.

Which might explain the current weather. 

Also I'd test it on Washington D.C. first. 

I'd much rather have technology leading humanity than humanity at this point. 

2017-02-27-788_Tech-Test_Vert.png

2015-01-16-605_Wearable-Tech.png

2018-03-26-882_Robot-Uprising800.jpg

2018-05-14-896_I-for-one-welcome-our-new

2018-02-26-874_Boston-Undynamics_WB_FB_T

2019_IG_SQ.png

2015-06-08-642_The-Internet.png