Please give me wizdom. Is this movie out yet?

Bulletje76

Hi,

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is one of my most favorite anime. Now i watched all the episodes i believe 6 times LOL. So i am happy that a new movie hit the theaters in 2022. However i get a lot of mixed signals when i google it.

Since it is not in theaters here in the netherlands, i need to watch it online. And so much mixed signals. Some say july on disney plus. Some say now on CR. Some say you can buy it on other sites.

But i cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know the definitive answer? Is That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie out?

Haha so frustrating. Pathe is the name of the biggest cinema holding in the netherlands. They have it on their site. The webpage says i can buy tickets. Not sure it is for the theater or for their online streaming servcie.. However there is no date mentioned and there is no ticket buy button. Hahahaah so frustrating

https://www.pathe.nl/film/26553/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-the-movie

It varies depending on your locality. I saw the Slime movie in cinema here in SW Ohio back in January. On the other hand, the Kaguya-sama: Love is War movie had some US screenings back in February, but apparently not in my area (same as your situation where it was listed on the theater chain’s website but no showtimes or option to purchase tickets). And in past years I had to go to a further away theater chain to see the Konosuba & Macross F movies). If it’s any consolation the Slime movie will probably stream on CR sometime this year.

2 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

Hi,

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is one of my most favorite anime. Now i watched all the episodes i believe 6 times LOL. So i am happy that a new movie hit the theaters in 2022. However i get a lot of mixed signals when i google it.

Since it is not in theaters here in the netherlands, i need to watch it online. And so much mixed signals. Some say july on disney plus. Some say now on CR. Some say you can buy it on other sites.

But i cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know the definitive answer? Is That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie out?

Haha so frustrating. Pathe is the name of the biggest cinema holding in the netherlands. They have it on their site. The webpage says i can buy tickets. Not sure it is for the theater or for their online streaming servcie.. However there is no date mentioned and there is no ticket buy button. Hahahaah so frustrating

https://www.pathe.nl/film/26553/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-the-movie

Howdy there. ^^ As far as I can tell, it's available on streaming services of Apple TV and Prime Video. Do you have either of those? Otherwise I do see it's available on YouTube. Do you have access to YouTube in the Netherlands?

Edited by Rebel Spirit

The official bluray release is scheduled for 07/28/2023 in Japan, outside Japan will be later obviously.
On a side note, a 3 ep OVA is scheduled for Fall of this year & season 3 is scheduled for Spring of next year.

https://myanimelist.net/news/68638289

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Did a bit more digging. The movie is NOT on Prime or Apple here in the US. As far as the Youtube listings, a number of them are clearly bogus because the run time is too short (the actual movie is 1 hr 50 mins). And the others have been up for less than 24 hrs, likely because the site admins are taking them down for copyright infringement as soon as they become aware of them.  I’d be skeptical of any site claiming to stream it legally before Crunchyroll does since as far as I see they are the license holder outside Japan. While they haven’t announce a stream date my guess based on past patterns is sometime this summer.

Edited by Ohayotaku