What Anime Do You Re-Watch?

Wild Emotion

So, I've been thinking about this for a while. Personally, I forget anime I watch after a while so I re-watch my entire collection when I can, but I have to pick which ones to dedicate the time to because they're long series and I've only got a couple of anime movies so far. I know my memory isn't exactly normal though, since it's so short. So, my friends, I ask you: which anime do you choose to re-watch? It can be for any reason, but I'm just hoping I'm not the only one that re-watches my anime from time to time. 😅

I rewatch all the anime i like. When i am in the mood for a certain anime world, i watch the best episodes of that show.

I rewatched all the episodes of naruto and that time i got reincarnated as a slime. I also rewatched jujutsiu kaisen and the shield hero entirely

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Just now, Bulleje76 said:

I rewatch all the anime i like. When i am in the mood for a certain anime world, i watch the best episodes of that show.

I rewatched all the episodes of naruto and that time i got reincarnated as a slime. I also rewatched jujutsiu kaisen and the shield hero entirely

Nice. I don't have Naruto, but I did love that series. Such a creative world of ninja.

I make it a point to watch Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop at least twice a year, each.

I have a lot of titles on my re-watch list.... but sadly, it's a full-blown struggle to even watch titles for the first time here lately. Time constraints and other things that demand my attention..... you know, all that jazz.

Sooner rather than later, I'm going to make a better effort to watch more anime. Things can't stay insanely busy forever...... right? 😕

• Friendly 1

7 minutes ago, viruxx said:

I make it a point to watch Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop at least twice a year, each.

I have a lot of titles on my re-watch list.... but sadly, it's a full-blown struggle to even watch titles for the first time here lately. Time constraints and other things that demand my attention..... you know, all that jazz.

Sooner rather than later, I'm going to make a better effort to watch more anime. Things can't stay insanely busy forever...... right? 😕

I know the feeling. You're right though, things will calm down at some point, it's just a matter of time. Then you can enjoy anime again. ^^ It's always fun to meet a fellow Outlaw Star fan, too. ^^

7 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

So, my friends, I ask you: which anime do you choose to re-watch? It can be for any reason, but I'm just hoping I'm not the only one that re-watches my anime from time to time. 😅

There's no way that I'm going to spend £££'s on buying DVD's and Blu-Rays and only watching them once! So just about every anime I own has been watched at least twice, and some much more than twice, and the few that haven't been watched twice because they're too new will eventually get watched again! 🙂

There are a few however that I regularly watch at least once every year such as Clannad, The Place Promised in Our Early Years and Laputa Castle in the Sky actually some of those might get watched more than once a year 🙂.  Other candidates for regular re-watches include Kanon, Magic Knight Rayearth, Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Starship Operators and Gunslinger Girl. 

6 hours ago, viruxx said:

I do know all that jazz. Up until 5 years ago I had very little time to watch anime, but now I'm retired and living on my own I'm making up for it. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I do know all that jazz. Up until 5 years ago I had very little time to watch anime, but now I'm retired and living on my own I'm making up for it. 🙂

Sometimes, I think I would love being retired. If I ever win the lottery, that’ll be the first thing I do. Guess since I don’t play it, I should probably keep my day job for now. 😁

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Animedragon said:

There's no way that I'm going to spend £££'s on buying DVD's and Blu-Rays and only watching them once! So just about every anime I own has been watched at least twice, and some much more than twice, and the few that haven't been watched twice because they're too new will eventually get watched again! 🙂

There are a few however that I regularly watch at least once every year such as Clannad, The Place Promised in Our Early Years and Laputa Castle in the Sky actually some of those might get watched more than once a year 🙂.  Other candidates for regular re-watches include Kanon, Magic Knight Rayearth, Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Starship Operators and Gunslinger Girl. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one that does it. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that does it. lol

I usually enjoy a series more second, or third, time round because I often spot lots of little details that I missed first time around.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I usually enjoy a series more second, or third, time round because I often spot lots of little details that I missed first time around.

I totally agree. Like in Witch Hunter Robin, the ending made sense of some things as I went through the series again. And other examples that I can't really think of right now, but I know there's quite a few that fall into the same category after watching it again from the beginning.

2 hours ago, animechat said:

When came out jutsu kaisen season 2 I rewatch first season.

Always nice to watch the first season of any series again. ^^

1 hour ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I've just re-watched Fate/Zero again, I've watched it six times now. I think I might be re-watching MGS Origin next.  

Wow, that's a lot of times! I've underestimated how good it is. Oh, but what's MGS Origin?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Always nice to watch the first season of any series again. ^^

Wow, that's a lot of times! I've underestimated how good it is. Oh, but what's MGS Origin?

Fate/Zero is personally my favourite anime of all time. MGS Origin is Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin

28 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Fate/Zero is personally my favourite anime of all time. MGS Origin is Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin

Ohh ok. Can't go wrong with Gundam. ^^  I'll have to try to tackle Fate/Zero at some point.

Having finished Trigun Stampede (at least until we learn more about the continuation they have planned)  I feel like I should rewatch the original series in the near future.

5 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Having finished Trigun Stampede (at least until we learn more about the continuation they have planned)  I feel like I should rewatch the original series in the near future.

Is the new one any good? I've been wondering.

Visually very good & also really like the Opening Song.

But the characterizations seemed pretty generic & the story got more than a little complicated/confusing at the end. Decent overall. There’s supposed to be a continuation in the works to wrap things up but not sure if it will be another full season, a movie or Special Episodes like the Attack on Titan finale. Kinda want to rewatch the original to see how big a part nostalgia is for it’s reputation. The biggest difference is the big reveals of the original are presented in the first episode, so it doesn’t have the shift in tone.

Edited by Ohayotaku

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

Visually very good & also really like the Opening Song.

But the characterizations seemed pretty generic & the story got more than a little complicated/confusing at the end. Decent overall. There’s supposed to be a continuation in the works to wrap things up but not sure if it will be another full season, a movie or Special Episodes like the Attack on Titan finale. Kinda want to rewatch the original to see how big a part nostalgia is for it’s reputation. The biggest difference is the big reveals of the original are presented in the first episode, so it doesn’t have the shift in tone.

Does Johnny Yong Bosch still do Vash the Stampede's voice? It was a perfect casting in my opinion, so it'd suck if that changed. Then again, he's one of my favorite voice actors. I'd still be hesitant to watch the new one though... I just don't like the way Vash looks in it, so going off of that I think I'd just continue to see everything wrong with it. Or at least in my opinionated mind.

50 minutes ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Does Johnny Yong Bosch still do Vash the Stampede's voice? It was a perfect casting in my opinion, so it'd suck if that changed

Apparently he does, although I watched the subtitled version. They did give him back the spikier hair in the final ep spacer.png

one of the things that made the original series memorable to so many fans was Vash changing from a bit of a buffoon to a more tragic character in the 2nd half. The new series abandons that in favor of trying to focus on a more serious story but gets into some metaphysical stuff & not real coherent at times. The fact is I was prepared to hate it but still feel like I need to give it it’s due. But now I kinda feel the need to revisit the original as well.

Edited by Ohayotaku