What Anime Do You Re-Watch?

Wild Emotion

On 3/27/2023 at 3:46 AM, Rebel Spirit said:

I am a pretty big fan of time travel. It's when it gets overly complicated though that it just goes over my head. lol

IMO Steins;Gate method isn't very complex, its relatively simple to grasp, so if you do end up watching, it shouldn't go over your head lol

The story is more about the characters

• Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

1 hour ago, Ruiiji said:

IMO Steins;Gate method isn't very complex, its relatively simple to grasp, so if you do end up watching, it shouldn't go over your head lol

I think I'll try to get it for my birthday.

7 hours ago, Ruiiji said:

Steings gate was good,but I don't like steins gate 0 and never watch again.

If  rewatch feels a Like and lost that feeling when watch first time.  

On 3/31/2023 at 9:51 PM, animechat said:

Steings gate was good,but I don't like steins gate 0 and never watch again.

If  rewatch feels a Like and lost that feeling when watch first time.  

imo it is great if you stop midway trough ep 21 and then watch 0 and as you finish 0 go back to episode 21

but that is a bit of a wacky watch order i do realize lol

Edited by Ruiiji
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love re-watching The Disastrous Life Of Saiki K. It has very interesting characters that always lead to fun interactions, there's lots of humour and it's always an enjoyable watch. It never gets old, I suppose.

also long time no see 😉

I rewatch quite a few. Any that I buy I'll rewatch from time to time but the ones I'll watch over and over within the year are

Ouran High School Host Club 

Wolf's Rain

Vampire Knight

Fruit Baskets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Akira (almost annually since it was available). It is not that I think that it is the best anime or anything (although it is good), but because it brings back fond memories for me when it was first shown in the US.  Akira and Castle of Cagliostro both share that same space for me.

Castle (annually)

Naussicaa - Any chance that I get, that and Laputa

Dr. Slump, Osomatsu kun, Tensai Bakabon, Ranma 1/2, Golden Boy...etc. for my gag comedy fix

Ruin Explorers Fam and Ihrie, Wizardry, Record of Lodoss, Bastard...etc. for the fantasy fix

Angel Egg - To melt away a bit

Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01 - I picked it up on VHS at an anime convention when it was first available and we had a VCR in the room.  I must have watched it at least 5 times that weekend and I love to watch it again and again.

Berserk (1997) - Love the darkness of this...God Hand 🖐️

Various episodes from the following:

Lupin, Crayon Shin-chan, City Hunter, Angel Egg, Berserk (1997), Galaxy Express 999, Getter Robo and Go, Hai! Step Jun, Jarinko Chie, Laughing Salesman, Metal Armor Dragonar, Nights with a Cat, Raccoon Rascal, The Pumpkin Wine, Gutsy Frog, Madou King Granzort, Wingman, Yamato, Akuma-kun, Akuu Daisakusen Srungle, Dororon Enma-kun, Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam, Tiger Mask Nisei, Aura Battler Dunbine and on and on and on...  I have loved Anime my entire life and I am old as dirt now, so I will spare everyone and stop now...🏴‍☠️ 🏴‍☠️ 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

While I still re-watch series my re-watching has decreased recently, mainly due to having both Crunchyroll and Hidive subscriptions and finding there's so much new stuff that I want to watch on both platforms and some of those series are marked down to be re-watched!  🙂.

I do a lot of re-watching when I'm on holiday because my Internet access is severely limited, my Pay-As-You-Go broadband dongle thingy for the laptop works OK for e-mail and basic web access but struggles a bit on anything else, so I take a stock of DVDs away with me.

Certain ones draw me back to them for various reasons. Ranma 1/2, Rahxephon, Ai Yori Aoshi, Onegai Teacher/Twins, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell...right now I'm watching The original Mobile Suit Gundam again.

I'm now rewatching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Psycho Pass and Fate/Unlimited Blade Works. A lot of what I rewatch I generally do as I like to show friends anime I thought was good. But I also do find it comfy rewatching something I really liked. There's no uncertainty of it being disappointing if its a 8 out of 10 or up. 

• 3 weeks later...