What is the worst anime you've ever seen?

Rock-O-Jello

10 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

Thats no problem. Opinionated is fine since we are on this forum to share opinions. I just showed no respect in my reply and thats a no go

BUTTTT i still dont agree with you SAO opinion hahaha. Let me have 1 good night of sleep now and than i will try to convince you

I loved SAO, so it's not just you that's a fan of it. I only saw the later half of it though, so I missed the earlier episodes, but I enjoyed what I saw, and the plot I thought was ingenious. Just throwing that out there. ^^

• Like 1

The one coming to mind for me is Ikki Tousen. The pretentious “official” storyline per MAL:

In the Kanto region, seven high schools fight to the death for absolute power. Each fighter is the reincarnation of a glorious warrior from the Three Kingdoms period, placing them in a perilous endeavor to overcome their often cruel destinies

But it quickly becomes evident that it’s really just big tittied high school girls getting their clothes ripped to shreds. And the main girl is particularly brainless & unlikeable.  A new OVA series was announced last year so I decided to try rewatching the original even though my vague memories of it were “very ecchi & stupid”. I made it through 2 eps, no idea how my younger self finished it. It makes my brain hurt that 20 years later, this franchise is still getting new projects . While I don’t entirely abstain from fanservice and ecchi content  my tolerance for it has definitely declined over the years & I prefer a more comedic approach to it. 

On a tangent, the most disappointing series for me was Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. As a CLAMP crossover series with teenaged variants of Sakura & Shaoron as the leads it sounded like it had so much potential. I have no idea how they managed to make it boring and completely lacking in the charm of the original series it drew from. Love for those original works motivated me to watch both seasons, the movie & the OVAs. In retrospect I consider it to be the greatest waste of time that I wish I could have back. And unfortunately the experience is at least partially responsible for my more negative feelings about Clear Card and revivals in general (though Yashahime is another good example of a bad example)

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 months later...

Easily Doll's Frontline. The animation studio that made it dropped the ball hard. They adapted the already poorly paced starting portion of the game's plot, and somehow made it worse. The game Girl's Frontline isn't high art by any means, it's a gacha game after all. I just can't comprehend how they were able to make a 12-episode anime an inferior way to follow the plot. There is more plot dumping than in the game, which makes the already middling plot even more of a chore to follow. The animation was budget and barely passible, with many now infamous examples of completely incorrect depictions of firearms (not to mention the budget sound design that makes all the guns sound like they belong in a bad Half Life mod). In any other series this wouldn't matter as much, but when the point of the game being adapted is unlocking cute Gijinka depictions of firearms, it matters.

image.thumb.png.b4892d4918de1035461c2138832f74f0.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fruit of Evolution. It's very obviously an insert for either the author or people met with unfortunate and unjust treatment in their school life, but the jokes made throughout the show aren't funny and the character designs aren't great. 

I love bad isekai but I just couldn't with that one. 

On 4/3/2023 at 10:23 PM, Rock-O-Jello said:

For me, it's probably Sword Art Online. I can't stand "power fantasy" characters (or characters with no personality, for that matter), I don't like how we're never given a reason why Kayaba trapped 2,000 people inside a death game, and I think it's really insensitive that Reki Kawahara used rape as a "this-character-is-a-bad-guy-hate-him-hate-him" signal twice.

What about you guys? Have you got any anime you can't stand?

sword art style first season was not so bad,but after became absolutely bad...

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno how others feel about it, but The Seven Deadly Sins.

I had high hopes for it. It had everything I look for in an anime: magic and fantasy, mystery, fight scenes (okay, I did enjoy some of the fight scenes), good animation, a caste of decently differentiated characters...but then...I know they just dropped the ball on all my expectations. I think I made it to the beginning of season three and was just kinda..."meh." I can slog through just about anything.

The pig's voice grated on my nerves, too. :P

The second worse anime I ever watched was Fushigi Yûgi: Eikoden. I had to order this online back in the day to see it, and I was so irritated by how stupid the story was, I just got rid of it XD I wasn't really a fan of even the second season (or the second part of the manga series), but I have a high tolerance for...uh...I guess silly stories, and could find a tiny bit of entertainment from it. But not this third season that wasn't part of the manga series.

Edited by Blue Dragon

6 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The second worse anime I ever watched was Fushigi Yûgi: Eikoden. I had to order this online back in the day to see it, and I was so irritated by how stupid the story was, I just got rid of it XD I wasn't really a fan of even the second season (or the second part of the manga series), but I have a high tolerance for...uh...I guess silly stories, and could find a tiny bit of entertainment from it. But not this third season that wasn't part of the manga series.

While I wouldn't put Eikoden in my worst anime list, I was very disappointed with it.  As a fan of the original series I was expecting something a lot better. The same goes for the two OAVs. I've kept both Eikoden and the OAVs in my collection for the sake of completeness, but I don't watch them any more. I think both are perfect examples of why a series shouldn't be continued past its natural conclusion.

• Like 1

How Not To Summon A Demon Lord. I'll be completely honest, I didn't even finish the first episode and I was already confused and even a little disgusted. There is so much fanservice. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a bit of fanservice, but this was next level. Could hardly go five minutes without having a close-up of some girl's chest. I dunno, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, my memories a bit rusty here, but overall I didn't like it. It's one of those stupid isekai anime that are made purely of fanservice and treat women like toys for men's pleasure.

(I know I didn't really give the series a fair chance. I might come back to it some day but that's unlikely lol)

MV5BZjQ5MmI3ZjQtNjM3Ny00MTk4LWEyNmUtYTk1MTJmNTY4YWRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya

On 7/12/2023 at 11:38 PM, Animedragon said:

While I wouldn't put Eikoden in my worst anime list, I was very disappointed with it.  As a fan of the original series I was expecting something a lot better. The same goes for the two OAVs. I've kept both Eikoden and the OAVs in my collection for the sake of completeness, but I don't watch them any more. I think both are perfect examples of why a series shouldn't be continued past its natural conclusion.

I think the student having a crush on Tama-I mean Taka after all the stuff with Yui and everyone one else trying to split the two just put me off. I kept thinking "can't they come up with another reason for this character to want to open the books? Why does everyone have to have a crush on either Miaka or Tamahome?" I think that's why the third series irritated me so much. I had a lot of fun watching the first part of Fushigi Yuugi in college. The second part...was okay. That third one just was the straw that broke the camel's back for me XD

I can get wanting to keep the set together; makes sense to me. Totally agree they shouldn't have milked the series. Especially since Watase worked on the stories of the other gods. I was really enjoying Genbu, but couldn't afford to keep buying manga and sadly never finished it.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

I can get wanting to keep the set together; makes sense to me. Totally agree they shouldn't have milked the series. Especially since Watase worked on the stories of the other gods. I was really enjoying Genbu, but couldn't afford to keep buying manga and sadly never finished it.

Like you, I was enjoying the Genbu series but couldn't afford to keep buying the manga so I never finished it either.

• Like 1