Weirdest anime Relationship

Clayton

So what's the weirdest relationship you've seen in anime?

Tenchi where he's dating half his family and his relatives aren't much better off?

4VN2EP3l.jpg

Incest?

uvOiPUG.gif

Interspecies relationships?

CPLFvZyU8AArxEI?format=png&name=large

fan_fun_with_she_ra___n9__eng__by_avstra

Dating gods and demons?

ah-my-goddess-belldandy.gif

Dating ghosts or other undead?

Vampire-Hunter-D-Bloodlust-01.jpg

Robots?

vlcsnap-2020-06-21-12h23m22s466.png

Edited by Clayton

Probably Shuichi & Clair from Gleipnir. He morphs into a kind of “meat suit” that looks like a Five Nights at Freddy’s mascot & she “wears” him.

spacer.png

spacer.png

wonder who came up with the idea first: them or Finn & Jake?

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Probably Shuichi & Clair from Gleipnir. He morphs into a kind of “meat suit” that looks like a Five Nights at Freddy’s mascot & she “wears” him.

wonder who came up with the idea first: them or Finn & Jake?

Uh..> Spawn...Venom... probably some others. 

venom-vs-spawn.jpg

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

^ I forgot about Kill la Kill too

spacer.png

I meant more of a romantic relationship. 

Like Midori Days that one where a guy's girlfriend is literally his hand...  Dog and Scissors... When they Cry... 

Inu-to-Hasami-wa-Tsukaiyou-capture-1-500

untitled-design-235.jpg

Edited by Clayton

11 minutes ago, Clayton said:

I don't suppose you would care to elaborate. 

Sure i will. In spy x spy it is not even a real relationship. it is a fake family. Everybody uses the other for their own purposes and hides who they truly are.

Dont get me wrong, i am not saying it is a bad anime, i liked it

1 hour ago, Bulleje76 said:

Sure i will. In spy x spy it is not even a real relationship. it is a fake family. Everybody uses the other for their own purposes and hides who they truly are.

Dont get me wrong, i am not saying it is a bad anime, i liked it

And yet they've still got a better relationship and are better matched than most anime couples. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clayton said:

And yet they've still got a better relationship and are better matched than most anime couples. 

But based on what? Lies behind a relationship and pretending you are someone else is not my idea of a good relationship

But to each their own :)

Edited by Bulleje76

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, Rock-O-Jello said:

Eromanga-sensei contains implied incest.

Dude Tenchi is married to about four or five generations of his own family. 

Inuyasha married a girl of a different species 500 years before she was born. 

Edward Elirc's Dad is a philosopher's stone and vampire hunter D is Dracula's son. 

Step your game up. 

5 hours ago, Clayton said:

We have an entire language based on the word "dude".

Totally dude.  :D

Santa Monica native here.  As a bonus I can speak valley as well. ;) 

Wagnaria (aka Working) has a couple of odd ones. The main character starts working at a familiy restaurant because a small, cute girl asks him. But she is older than him and he has a dislike of older females due to his sisters. He doesn't end up dating her though - instead he ends up with the girl who has severe androphobia and who spends most of the series beating him up.

Then you have a chef working there who has a crush on the chief of staff even though she spends most of her time talking about the manager (another woman) who she has a crush on.

spacer.png

On 4/12/2023 at 7:10 AM, Clayton said:

So what's the weirdest relationship you've seen in anime?

Tenchi where he's dating half his family and his relatives aren't much better off?

I think the most disturbing part of Tench's wives would have to be Ryo-Ohki. He literally saw her grow up from a little girl to an adult.

7 hours ago, holywhippet said:

I think the most disturbing part of Tench's wives would have to be Ryo-Ohki. He literally saw her grow up from a little girl to an adult.

Ah, that old chat-up line put down:

Guy: "Where have you been all my life?"

Girl: "I wasn't born for most of it !"

On 4/30/2023 at 2:46 PM, holywhippet said:

Actually she regenerated from an egg. her child form is just something she can do, like how Washu makes herself look twelve. 

I always thought the weirdest part was that he ended up with his grand-aunt who was supposed to be married to his grandfather, and her aunt... it's a real mobius strip of a family tree. 

Then I found out grandpa was already married and everyone knew where he was the whole time... 

Future Diary 

When they Cry... all those girls... yikes...

Rock and Revy

Edited by Clayton

On 5/2/2023 at 6:02 AM, Clayton said:

Actually she regenerated from an egg. her child form is just something she can do, like how Washu makes herself look twelve.

The wiki page seems to indicate that the new one was effectively her daughter just with all of her memories and powers: https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Ryo-Ohki

She certainly acts childlike while growing up.

• 2 weeks later...

while I wouldn't exactly call I weird, Taiga and Ryuuji from Toradora's relationship is slightly uncomfortable for me, I guess. It's just that Taiga literally looks like a young child, and I dunno about you guys, but I'd feel very strange dating/marrying someone who looks like they're still in kindergarten. I suppose this goes for a lot of other anime couples too. I know there's the whole lolicon thing, and it's a common occurrence in anime, but it just doesn't sit right with me. Whatever floats your boat though 🤷‍♀️

images(5).jpeg.832fea7b318fe7e8596366f0e0d4354a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I think Shiro and Sora from No Game, No Life is an understatedly weird relationship, considering that they are siblings. (or step-siblings? I don't know anymore.) Sure they aren't really dating in the anime. I heard from a friend of a friend that apparently something like that happens in the manga, but I might've been getting trolled. I also believe they have some official "content" between the two of them out there. All that being said, even in the anime Shiro, definitely seems to fish for praise on her physical appearance from him.