New and ready to fangirl ٩(*•͈ ꇴ •͈*)و

Hi! You can call me Strawberry (she/her pls). I'm a college student and I just turned 21 a week or so ago actually, heheh~ You probably won’t see much from me publicly I don’t think (other than in the chit-chat section,) since I’m really just looking for people who wouldn’t mind letting me gush about my fandom to them >.< So…friends, essentially! I’m not really one to post my art on forums, but there is some on the instagram page in my profile if you’re curious. I've been pretty down lately and wanted to find someone to talk about fun things or maybe even watch the aforementioned anime with. I do have anxiety so part of me is pretty nervous to post this, but…I still wanted to try! I'm someone who gets crazy thirsty for those sweet sweet bishounen (♡´w`♡) I like to draw, write/roleplay, make ridiculous inside jokes and overall rn I just want to share the absurd lil anime I'm into with someone who wouldn't mind listening! I’m even playing the otome game based on this show currently ^o^ It’s in Japanese so I’ve been using a site to translate it. I’m having a lot of fun, but I don’t have many friends so it’s kinda sad not being able to share anything ;w;  

Ideally I'd like to chat on Discord if at all possible, it's just more comfortable for me there. That being said, pms here isn’t out of the question either…Discord is just my preference! I think that's about all that needs to be said for now. I eagerly (yet also somewhat nervously) await your response! (•̀⌄•́) A little aside, I might take a little while to reply at first because I do get anxious kind of easily in new places, but I’ll do my best! Thanks for understanding <3

• Like 3

Welcome!  I’m something of an introvert myself so I think I have some idea where you’re coming from, though I’ve had a few more years to work on myself it to overcome it however.  Don’t worry too much.  The people here are cool.

In terms of anime (and reading) I’m a fan of the science fiction genre.  Around here I guess I mostly post in the gaming-related sections (KSP and Minecraft) and occasionally the astrophysics/science club.

I’ve tried the discord thing but I don’t often have the time to just hang out, though if there’s an active channel let me know and I may drop in from time to time.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard the forum. I'm a bit of an introvert and it took me a while to get used to posting here so I understand where you're coming from. But just remember that you're among friends and fellow anime and manga fans. I hope you'll enjoy your time here with us.

Welcome 😁 Hope you find some things to interest you here.

Unfortunately the only series on your profile that I’ve completed was Strawberry Panic. There have been some reverse harem or otome anime I enjoyed, but not many. I really enjoyed the recent remake of Fruits Basket though & so far this year has  had a surprising numbet of romcoms or anime with a romance aspect I actually enjoy (Tomo-chan, Yamada-kun, Kubo, Insomniacs After School, Clueless First Friend, Skip & Loafer, Ancient Magus Bride, Malevolent Spirits Mononogatari, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, Sacrificial Princess & King of Beasts)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Welcome!  I’m something of an introvert myself so I think I have some idea where you’re coming from, though I’ve had a few more years to work on myself it to overcome it however.  Don’t worry too much.  The people here are cool.

In terms of anime (and reading) I’m a fan of the science fiction genre.  Around here I guess I mostly post in the gaming-related sections (KSP and Minecraft) and occasionally the astrophysics/science club.

I’ve tried the discord thing but I don’t often have the time to just hang out, though if there’s an active channel let me know and I may drop in from time to time.

Thank you! ^w^ Scifi is cool, never really tried it out with anime before but it sounds fun. I do like Minecraft too, lol, and Pokemon sometimes. As for discord, I meant more like a PMs sort of thing than any server or big channel, I'm not a fan of major groups and am rarely active in servers like that anyway heheh

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Welcome 😁 Hope you find some things to interest you here.

Unfortunately the only series on your profile that I’ve completed was Strawberry Panic. There have been some reverse harem or otome anime I enjoyed, but not many. I really enjoyed the recent remake of Fruits Basket though & so far this year has  had a surprising numbet of romcoms or anime with a romance aspect I actually enjoy (Tomo-chan, Yamada-kun, Kubo, Insomniacs After School, Clueless First Friend, Skip & Loafer, Ancient Magus Bride, Malevolent Spirits Mononogatari, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, Sacrificial Princess & King of Beasts)

Thank you! I've seen stills of Tomo-chan and it looks heckin adorable honestly >o< I definitely need to try it. And yee, Strawberry Panic was great :,D totally a comfort series for me, I have all of the novels and manga too for it. Wish there was more merch 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Strawberry2456 said:

Thank you! ^w^ Scifi is cool, never really tried it out with anime before but it sounds fun. I do like Minecraft too, lol, and Pokemon sometimes. As for discord, I meant more like a PMs sort of thing than any server or big channel, I'm not a fan of major groups and am rarely active in servers like that anyway heheh

Good science fiction to me means getting the science part right so what I consider good SF is something of a rarity in most forms of media.  Star Wars for instance is just rebranded fantasy to me.  Dune is widely credited with being the best science fiction saga of all time.  Entertaining for sure but pretty much nothing to do with actual science or technology in real-world terms.

In anime you’ll get stuff like Cowboy Bebop or Darling in the FranXX if you type “science fiction” in as a search term.  Again, entertaining, but pretty soft on the science side of things.  For me good science fiction would be something like Koukaku Kidoutai, better known as Ghost in the Shell.  Real-world in the science department, creating a solid foundation supporting an excellent story on top.  Other notable SF anime titles in my mind might be Planetes, Moonlight Mile, or even Rocket Girls.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Strawberry2456 said:

I've seen stills of Tomo-chan and it looks heckin adorable honestly >o< I definitely need to try it.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Though a big part of it was the supporting cast of Misuzu & Carol who definitely need their own spinoff series

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Strawberry2456 said:

Strawberry Panic was great :,D totally a comfort series for me, I have all of the novels and manga too for it. Wish there was more merch 

It’s been a really long time since I saw it (to give you an idea, the version I have is the individual disc releases instead of a collection). I still remember it as one of the few true yuri series I’ve seen compared to some others where it’s more implied.

• Like 1

Hi, welcome.

I do not understand your sentence:.." I’m really just looking for people who wouldn’t mind letting me gush about my fandom to them" 

can you please explain? Sorry not english native

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 6:35 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Though a big part of it was the supporting cast of Misuzu & Carol who definitely need their own spinoff series

spacer.png

It’s been a really long time since I saw it (to give you an idea, the version I have is the individual disc releases instead of a collection). I still remember it as one of the few true yuri series I’ve seen compared to some others where it’s more implied.

Ahh yes I've seen clips of these two, they're adorable! And you're right, I remeber starting Maria Watches Over Us which is similar to Strawberry Panic but the yuri is more subtle and never really fully realized, so I dropped it because I'm just a sucker for cute romance lol.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:55 PM, efaardvark said:

Good science fiction to me means getting the science part right so what I consider good SF is something of a rarity in most forms of media.  Star Wars for instance is just rebranded fantasy to me.  Dune is widely credited with being the best science fiction saga of all time.  Entertaining for sure but pretty much nothing to do with actual science or technology in real-world terms.

In anime you’ll get stuff like Cowboy Bebop or Darling in the FranXX if you type “science fiction” in as a search term.  Again, entertaining, but pretty soft on the science side of things.  For me good science fiction would be something like Koukaku Kidoutai, better known as Ghost in the Shell.  Real-world in the science department, creating a solid foundation supporting an excellent story on top.  Other notable SF anime titles in my mind might be Planetes, Moonlight Mile, or even Rocket Girls.

Ahh gotcha gotcha! I'll have to look into them sometime o((*^▽^*))o

22 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

Hi, welcome.

I do not understand your sentence:.." I’m really just looking for people who wouldn’t mind letting me gush about my fandom to them" 

can you please explain? Sorry not english native

Sure thing! By "gush" I guess I just mean "talk exictedly." I'm looking for friends who wouldn't mind letting me ramble a little about the anime I'm currently into!

20 hours ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Welcome to the forums! Look at my profile page. I've got sites, where we can chat!!

Thankie! I'll take a look ლ(´͈◡ુ`͈ლ)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...