I can't remember the name

vaire

Hello everyone,

it's bene years since I last had the chance ti watch this anime on TV and I can't recall the name. I've been trying to enter all Key words in all search engines, with no successo, thus it'd be great if you could help me out.

All I remember is It was an anime about young guys that could upload their robots (or sth like that) on an internet server where they had to fight bad guys that wanted to take over. They used floppy or pen drives to upload the robots and then to upgrade them, all in a digital network system.

Cheers

Vaire

Sorry, I don't think this has anything to do with your anime question but it reminded me of a programming game called "Crobots" that I played (quite) a few years back. Your description of the anime sounds a lot like the anime version of a crobots tournament.

And way, WAY before that I played Robot Wars on my dad's Apple ][.  State of the art computer gaming for the early 80s.  One of the gaming magazines back then sponsored a tournament where you could mail them a floppy with your robot code on it and they would run all the entrants through a tournament, then publish the results in an article in the magazine.  (Yes, that's the way we did things back before the Internet. :D )