Nokia

Optic

Just wondering if any of you have ever owned a Nokia device in your lifetime. Nokia used to the market leader until the iPhone came along and made their mark in the smartphone market along with Android.

Part of me hopes this Finnish company can bring out something amazing in the future because my first mobile phone was a Nokia 3315. :)

Yea, Nokia was the craze back in those days. I previously owned a Nokia 8250, 3310, 6600i and one more which I wasn't able to get the model number. I believed the 3310 was my first ever Nokia phone

I'll never again touch a Nokia phone ever again after my C6-01 - the decision to stop developing Symbian altogether and abandoning the OS is like abandoning all loyal Nokia fans who bought their Symbian smartphone thinking that it would be equivalent to buying an android powered smartphone. :\

• 2 weeks later...

CY you make a good point. I think Nokia's main issue right now is they've changed platforms many times so of course application developers became extremely fragmented. Apps on iOS are definitely more popular given the well documented platform. Though I never used Symbian, my understanding is there were a number of different variations of it. My current Nokia phone is a Nokia N9 which uses MeeGo, but Nokia discontinued it after a year. I knew it was likely they would discontinue it but I really liked the design of the device at the time, buttonless home screen and Swype interface.

I must admit I am reluctant to get a Windows 8 phone from Nokia, waiting for the prices to drop down a bit more. If they change platforms again I think that will probably be the end of Nokia. :(

• 1 year later...

Bumping this.

Something that caught my eye recently is the Nokia Lumia 1020. I think it looks amazing from a photographer point of view - 41 megapixel camera and the photo quality looks great for a smartphone. I'm not too flash on the Lumia pastel colours and Windows Phone though..

Anyone tried Windows Phone lately on any Nokia Lumia phones? Thoughts? :)

Nokia-Lumia-1020.thumb.jpg.f070eec792cbe95d1c3516191c1c7630.jpg

I also owned a Nokia. It was the second phone I owned. It was pink and a flip phone. I loved it and was probably the phone I had the longest out of all my phones and I never had an issue with it. It is really funny cause when I first met my best friend I found out she had a black version of that phone, ever since we have always had the same phone!

• Like 1

I have a Lumia 800. I love it. I don't really use many apps or anything though, just Xbox Live and a flashlight app I downloaded. Overall, it's a good phone, everything works as intended even though I've had it for quite a long time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Lumia 800. I love it. I don't really use many apps or anything though, just Xbox Live and a flashlight app I downloaded. Overall, it's a good phone, everything works as intended even though I've had it for quite a long time.

Oooo.... what beautiful colour did you choose? :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know im digging up an old thread

ive had a range of nokias , in my line if work and some of my play activities im pretty harsh on phones and the nokia's always held up better

as for the nokia lumias ive had the 900 the 920 and the 930 and feel ive had a good run with them

now (and yes im liking it too but wished it was still a nokia) I have the Microsoft Lumia 950 xl and had been tossing up between this and the japanese katana 2 smart phone and even tho the katana 2 really seemed good in the end the 950xl at the price I payed (and im in australia) became the better deal

Anyone tried Windows Phone lately on any Nokia Lumia phones? Thoughts? :)

and if your still interested in checking out some thing like this id be happy to catch up with you for a show n tell n coffee