What makes a Shounen 10 / 10?

supernekofox

I've seen a lot of strong opinions about many Shounen titles, but everyone seems to have an opinion based on different criteria and expectations of what makes a Shounen great. 

Is it fair to base all Shounen Anime / Manga expectations on a few popular titles even if the stories and overall vibes are vastly different in many ways? 

Or is it like the Isekai genre where repetition is expected with slight variances?

I’m generally not a fan of the shounen genre. Of the “Big Three”, the only one I had any fondness for was One Piece & I still burned out on it after about 150 episodes. There are some popular titles I still enjoy (My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen) but it would be rare for me rate a shounen title as a 10 (does Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood count?) Some of the ones I really enjoyed that don’t get mentioned as often are Soul Eater, Buso Renkin and Ushio & Tora. I think probably the biggest trait of shounen that ruins things for me is that they tend to drag on too long.