Jump to content

Hi~ It's been awhile


Sakura

Recommended Posts

Heylo, I'm not really new to this forum but I haven't been on in several years so I don't think I know anyone here anymore. 

I hope to get back on here and browse around and talk to some people again though ^^

Anywaysss, my names Sofi. Current fave animes are Yu-Gi-Oh & DBZ Super. Kinda getting into playing the Yu-Gi-Oh card game again too lately.
I've watched a lot of animes and I think my top faves are Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh & Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Inuyasha, Death Note, Code Geass and DBZ. 
I like to make graphics like signatures/icons/PFP's/Banners etc.. and play random online games. I guess there's probably still a message feature on here so if you wanna chat then feel free to message me, I have Discord and all that and would love to talk to some other anime fans <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Sofi. ^^ Everyone just calls me Wild, and after all the knives in my back it's the alias I'm preferring at least for now. It's nothing personal or anything, but a lot of people I trusted with my name really turned around like a pack of rabid hyenas on me. Not here, people from another forum... or several.

Nice username choice! Sakura really grew into a powerful fighter in Shippuden, and she was always a genius in the first Naruto series.

It's nice to see a fellow DBZ/DBS/Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. I also collected cards for a while, but where we live there's literally nowhere to meet anyone for any duels. It's pretty remote here. lol It has its benefits, but also has plenty of cons. Like bears and mountain lions always being around. Creeps me out sometimes.

Sorry, I get carried away a lot! ^^;

Do you have a preferred or favorite archetype to use as far as the actual Yu-Gi-Oh! cards? I've just got a starter deck and a ton of commons. I'm not even sure if they've changed them or not, that's how old they are. Do you play any games from the franchise?

I also like to make graphics, but more so just avatars and signature pic projects. Though I did make some wallpapers, too.

Nice to meet you, Sofi. ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Hi, Sofi. ^^ Everyone just calls me Wild, and after all the knives in my back it's the alias I'm preferring at least for now. It's nothing personal or anything, but a lot of people I trusted with my name really turned around like a pack of rabid hyenas on me. Not here, people from another forum... or several.

Nice username choice! Sakura really grew into a powerful fighter in Shippuden, and she was always a genius in the first Naruto series.

It's nice to see a fellow DBZ/DBS/Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. I also collected cards for a while, but where we live there's literally nowhere to meet anyone for any duels. It's pretty remote here. lol It has its benefits, but also has plenty of cons. Like bears and mountain lions always being around. Creeps me out sometimes.

Sorry, I get carried away a lot! ^^;

Do you have a preferred or favorite archetype to use as far as the actual Yu-Gi-Oh! cards? I've just got a starter deck and a ton of commons. I'm not even sure if they've changed them or not, that's how old they are. Do you play any games from the franchise?

I also like to make graphics, but more so just avatars and signature pic projects. Though I did make some wallpapers, too.

Nice to meet you, Sofi. ^^

I understand that, Sofi is not my real name either I just go by it on several forums. I've had several bad experiences online with people too ;/

I'm glad to see another Yu-Gi-Oh fan too, I was kinda starting to think no one really paid much attention to it anymore because it's an older anime. I know there is card tournaments and stuff people go to, but I've never been to one, but I think it would be fun! I wouldn't be good competing in one though because other than playing an app called Duel Links that's all I really know. I only have like tins of cards the collector ones, and a bunch of starter packs too. (BTW beats and mountain lions being around sounds kind of nice, I grew up on a huge farm so I miss that lol). 

Ahhh it's nice to see someone else make graphics too! I haven't made any for a couple years but I just got back into it, maybe we could collab sometime on some sigs? :D

 

 

Also thank you everyone for the welcome backs! I hope to be around here more! 

 

Edited by Sakura
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sakura said:

I understand that, Sofi is not my real name either I just go by it on several forums. I've had several bad experiences online with people too ;/

I'm glad to see another Yu-Gi-Oh fan too, I was kinda starting to think no one really paid much attention to it anymore because it's an older anime. I know there is card tournaments and stuff people go to, but I've never been to one, but I think it would be fun! I wouldn't be good competing in one though because other than playing an app called Duel Links that's all I really know. I only have like tins of cards the collector ones, and a bunch of starter packs too. (BTW beats and mountain lions being around sounds kind of nice, I grew up on a huge farm so I miss that lol). 

Ahhh it's nice to see someone else make graphics too! I haven't made any for a couple years but I just got back into it, maybe we could collab sometime on some sigs? :D

 

 

Also thank you everyone for the welcome backs! I hope to be around here more! 

 

Sure, I'd be up for some collaboration with sigs. ^^

It seems like it's easy to get hurt online, but it's not as bad as if it happens in person. Even when you think people are your friend but turn into a pack of hyenas on a whim. I can't really go anywhere, so for all intents and purposes, I'm just kind of a recluse, living with my parents because of my disabilities. I help out, but wish I could help out more. It's definitely refreshing to see a fellow Yu-Gi-Oh fan though. I'm autistic and have horrible memory issues, but if you can tolerate some repeated questions every now and then I'd like to be one of your friends. ^^ I can't make anything professional looking but I love being able to make things in an image editor. The creative freedom when doing it really is addicting. I've never been to any tournaments either. I was never that good. lol But in video games of the franchise I'm decent. I've got some NDS Yugioh games, a Switch Yugioh game, even Dark Duel Stories that I sometimes play on my Gameboy Advance. Its monster creation feature was pretty awesome. If I get carried away though, just let me know, sometimes I don't realize it.

We don't actually live on a farm, though that'd be pretty fun, we just live in a densely forested area with houses only in the town we're in. So, no businesses to work at here. I'd have to hitch a ride from someone to the next town over to do that. lol The bears always get into our trash, but I haven't actually seen a mountain lion yet. Not that I'm in any rush to, I'll count my blessings. XD But these bears! They're so infuriating! OBviously we can only clean up our trash and (re)bag it, so we have to get a lot of ammonia and be really vigilant when there's a bag in one of the trash cans. Luckily for us they're noisy wen they try to snack on our trash though, but there's the occasional bear that's kind of sneaky that we don't see the aftermath of until the next day. Still, I like the location. Nobody ever knocks on our door unless it's some kind of package, which is something I'm really comfortable with.

I've never been able to put together a decent deck with the cards I have though. I think when it comes to the actual card game I've always lost duels. lol I've never put up a card as a bet though, I'm not about to do that when all of my decks are lackluster. BUT!! In the video games? I like to make Fiend decks and Red-Eyes archetype decks. What's your favorite deck to use in Duel Links? I used to play it, but now it's just always at that yellow loading circle and never goes past it, no matter how long I wait. It was fun while it lasted though. I really thought Sofi was your real name though. It sounds it would've been. Better to have an alias than give people the chance to hurt you on a deeper level, right? At least that's what I've thought after that unpleasant experience on the other forum I came from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wild Emotion said:

Sure, I'd be up for some collaboration with sigs. ^^

It seems like it's easy to get hurt online, but it's not as bad as if it happens in person. Even when you think people are your friend but turn into a pack of hyenas on a whim. I can't really go anywhere, so for all intents and purposes, I'm just kind of a recluse, living with my parents because of my disabilities. I help out, but wish I could help out more. It's definitely refreshing to see a fellow Yu-Gi-Oh fan though. I'm autistic and have horrible memory issues, but if you can tolerate some repeated questions every now and then I'd like to be one of your friends. ^^ I can't make anything professional looking but I love being able to make things in an image editor. The creative freedom when doing it really is addicting. I've never been to any tournaments either. I was never that good. lol But in video games of the franchise I'm decent. I've got some NDS Yugioh games, a Switch Yugioh game, even Dark Duel Stories that I sometimes play on my Gameboy Advance. Its monster creation feature was pretty awesome. If I get carried away though, just let me know, sometimes I don't realize it.

We don't actually live on a farm, though that'd be pretty fun, we just live in a densely forested area with houses only in the town we're in. So, no businesses to work at here. I'd have to hitch a ride from someone to the next town over to do that. lol The bears always get into our trash, but I haven't actually seen a mountain lion yet. Not that I'm in any rush to, I'll count my blessings. XD But these bears! They're so infuriating! OBviously we can only clean up our trash and (re)bag it, so we have to get a lot of ammonia and be really vigilant when there's a bag in one of the trash cans. Luckily for us they're noisy wen they try to snack on our trash though, but there's the occasional bear that's kind of sneaky that we don't see the aftermath of until the next day. Still, I like the location. Nobody ever knocks on our door unless it's some kind of package, which is something I'm really comfortable with.

I've never been able to put together a decent deck with the cards I have though. I think when it comes to the actual card game I've always lost duels. lol I've never put up a card as a bet though, I'm not about to do that when all of my decks are lackluster. BUT!! In the video games? I like to make Fiend decks and Red-Eyes archetype decks. What's your favorite deck to use in Duel Links? I used to play it, but now it's just always at that yellow loading circle and never goes past it, no matter how long I wait. It was fun while it lasted though. I really thought Sofi was your real name though. It sounds it would've been. Better to have an alias than give people the chance to hurt you on a deeper level, right? At least that's what I've thought after that unpleasant experience on the other forum I came from.

That be awesome, I'm always looking for other people to work on sigs and stuff with but the forums I used to go to for that don't exist anymore. And I like just talking about graphics with people too. I started getting back on DeviantArt to get resources and stuff to make them with again. 

Completely feel exactly what you're talking about there. I had that happen to me and everyone I thought was my friend suddenly sided with someone who was a psycho and was stalking me IRL but that's another entire story lol. I don't mind repeated questions either, my brothers x-wife and his child are both autistic as well as an x-bf of mine so I'm pretty used to being around people who are. And I always love new friends, which is partly why I came back to this forum because I remembered everyone being so nice and I was hoping to talk to some nice people again.

When we lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere we had all sorts of things too like that, bears, mountain lions, bobcats, etc but they never really seemed to bother any humans or come up by our house ever, thank God. Even though I would probably take dealing with bears over humans any day because I keep pretty much to myself a lot too. 

I've never bet any cards either.. wait no, that's a lie XD when I was a kid and we first started getting cards and had no idea how to actually play the game, my friend and I played our other friend and I just pulled out 3 blue eyes and was like I INSTANTLY WIN GIVE ME YOUR CARD YOU BET! And then later his mom came and told my mom I stole all her kids cards and I had to give them back and there was this whole thing where I wasn't allowed to go near her son for like 3 months and she kept calling me a thief lolll o_o

In duel links I have so many cards it's kind of ridiculous though, I had a dragon type deck I used a whole bunch, that seems to always be my go-to is dragon cards. I have another sorcerer themed one. I seem to use this Silent Magician card a lot throughout my decks on duel links. I'm definitely not very good at putting them together I don't think but they never lose when I do the dueling stuff so maybe it's not as bad as I think.

I just really like the name Sofi so I usually go by it on forums or games and stuff but I don't hide my real name either but I guess just the people I have added to Discord probably know my real name anymore. (Sorry this message is so long I tend to type a lot x.x). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

I can't make anything professional looking but I love being able to make things in an image editor.

Don't sell yourself short, your sig file pictures may not be what you call "professional looking" but they are very impressive creations. You have a excellent creative gift and should create an on-line picture gallery to show off your work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

That be awesome, I'm always looking for other people to work on sigs and stuff with but the forums I used to go to for that don't exist anymore. And I like just talking about graphics with people too. I started getting back on DeviantArt to get resources and stuff to make them with again. 

Completely feel exactly what you're talking about there. I had that happen to me and everyone I thought was my friend suddenly sided with someone who was a psycho and was stalking me IRL but that's another entire story lol. I don't mind repeated questions either, my brothers x-wife and his child are both autistic as well as an x-bf of mine so I'm pretty used to being around people who are. And I always love new friends, which is partly why I came back to this forum because I remembered everyone being so nice and I was hoping to talk to some nice people again.

When we lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere we had all sorts of things too like that, bears, mountain lions, bobcats, etc but they never really seemed to bother any humans or come up by our house ever, thank God. Even though I would probably take dealing with bears over humans any day because I keep pretty much to myself a lot too. 

I've never bet any cards either.. wait no, that's a lie XD when I was a kid and we first started getting cards and had no idea how to actually play the game, my friend and I played our other friend and I just pulled out 3 blue eyes and was like I INSTANTLY WIN GIVE ME YOUR CARD YOU BET! And then later his mom came and told my mom I stole all her kids cards and I had to give them back and there was this whole thing where I wasn't allowed to go near her son for like 3 months and she kept calling me a thief lolll o_o

In duel links I have so many cards it's kind of ridiculous though, I had a dragon type deck I used a whole bunch, that seems to always be my go-to is dragon cards. I have another sorcerer themed one. I seem to use this Silent Magician card a lot throughout my decks on duel links. I'm definitely not very good at putting them together I don't think but they never lose when I do the dueling stuff so maybe it's not as bad as I think.

I just really like the name Sofi so I usually go by it on forums or games and stuff but I don't hide my real name either but I guess just the people I have added to Discord probably know my real name anymore. (Sorry this message is so long I tend to type a lot x.x). 

I've also got a DeviantArt account but I use it mainly for a place to put my Switch's screenshots and videos. lol I suppose I really should start putting up my work in there though. It's definitely a nice creative outlet, don't you think? It's a good way to really get invested in something that you're really trying to perfect and get juuuuuust right.

Awesome! It's nice to officially be your friend, Sofi. ^^ The stories people could tell, right? Past mistakes shouldn't be held over people's heads and dangled like some kind of torturous thrill for people to do. Oh, but I also have severe memory issues, so I may forget a lot of details after asking about them. Sorry, just try not to take it personally whenever I do forget, because not everyone is able to understand just how bad my memory is. But if you're cool with that, I'm ok with being your friend. It helps that you're so used to being around autistic people too though. This forum does have really nice people on it. I'm still glad I found this one instead of a repeat of the previous forum I went to.

Some of the bears we get can be really brazen. They've already ripped the lid off of one of the trash cans, so it's only held on by duct tape. Can't go wrong with that band-aid though, right? lol It holds up pretty good, as long as a bear doesn't try too hard to get into that particular trash can. Luckily for us the mountain lions leave us alone though. I haven't actually seen one yet, just a plethora of bears over the years we've lived here (and picked up our trash after). I don't think I want to see one up close. XD Might not end well for me. But I definitely keep to myself a lot as well. My defense mechanism is to internalize and bury things. Probably not a good method, but at this point in my life it's involuntary.

rofl Sometimes things can get read into the wrong way like that, especially with kids that are just dueling with Yugioh cards. That's a pretty impressive though. I remember when I had 3 Blue-Eyes dragons. Come to think of it... I'm not really sure what happened to them. >< They were my favorite cards though. I loved those things. That's not right that his mom kept calling you a thief though when you weren't. It sounds like it was a fair bet to me, but I guess people don't usually expect kids to bet their stuff like that. lol At least that's my guess.

Silent Magician LV8 is such an awesome card!! But tricky, so you've got to time your Spell cards carefully. A lot of the time when I was using a Silent Magician deck, I'd try to use a Spell card after bringing out LV8 Silent Magician. lol I'm prone to mistakes like that, among others. Then someone knows the card you have in your hand even if they let you take back the move. Physically keeping up with everything mentally in the duel can be challenging, even with a calculator for Life Points. My go to deck in Duel Links was Yubel (all 3 forms) and Nephthys cards. Practically unstoppable, but I only kept myself in the Gold ranks, not even trying to go beyond that. I wasn't quite that good.

lol It's ok, I type a lot, too. I'm just a very paranoid person so I try to use a pseudonym whenever I can so I don't have to worry about someone angry looking me up. That would really suck. I'm a lover, not a fighter. XD

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

Don't sell yourself short, your sig file pictures may not be what you call "professional looking" but they are very impressive creations. You have a excellent creative gift and should create an on-line picture gallery to show off your work.

Thanks, dude! I really appreciate it. ^^ I'll try to post my stuff on my DeviantArt account so I can display my works publicly. Though I might need to remember my username. I haven't uploaded any screenshots from my Switch in a while to that account. Thank you though. It means a lot that you think so highly of my projects. ^^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

I've also got a DeviantArt account but I use it mainly for a place to put my Switch's screenshots and videos. lol I suppose I really should start putting up my work in there though. It's definitely a nice creative outlet, don't you think? It's a good way to really get invested in something that you're really trying to perfect and get juuuuuust right.

Awesome! It's nice to officially be your friend, Sofi. ^^ The stories people could tell, right? Past mistakes shouldn't be held over people's heads and dangled like some kind of torturous thrill for people to do. Oh, but I also have severe memory issues, so I may forget a lot of details after asking about them. Sorry, just try not to take it personally whenever I do forget, because not everyone is able to understand just how bad my memory is. But if you're cool with that, I'm ok with being your friend. It helps that you're so used to being around autistic people too though. This forum does have really nice people on it. I'm still glad I found this one instead of a repeat of the previous forum I went to.

Some of the bears we get can be really brazen. They've already ripped the lid off of one of the trash cans, so it's only held on by duct tape. Can't go wrong with that band-aid though, right? lol It holds up pretty good, as long as a bear doesn't try too hard to get into that particular trash can. Luckily for us the mountain lions leave us alone though. I haven't actually seen one yet, just a plethora of bears over the years we've lived here (and picked up our trash after). I don't think I want to see one up close. XD Might not end well for me. But I definitely keep to myself a lot as well. My defense mechanism is to internalize and bury things. Probably not a good method, but at this point in my life it's involuntary.

rofl Sometimes things can get read into the wrong way like that, especially with kids that are just dueling with Yugioh cards. That's a pretty impressive though. I remember when I had 3 Blue-Eyes dragons. Come to think of it... I'm not really sure what happened to them. >< They were my favorite cards though. I loved those things. That's not right that his mom kept calling you a thief though when you weren't. It sounds like it was a fair bet to me, but I guess people don't usually expect kids to bet their stuff like that. lol At least that's my guess.

Silent Magician LV8 is such an awesome card!! But tricky, so you've got to time your Spell cards carefully. A lot of the time when I was using a Silent Magician deck, I'd try to use a Spell card after bringing out LV8 Silent Magician. lol I'm prone to mistakes like that, among others. Then someone knows the card you have in your hand even if they let you take back the move. Physically keeping up with everything mentally in the duel can be challenging, even with a calculator for Life Points. My go to deck in Duel Links was Yubel (all 3 forms) and Nephthys cards. Practically unstoppable, but I only kept myself in the Gold ranks, not even trying to go beyond that. I wasn't quite that good.

lol It's ok, I type a lot, too. I'm just a very paranoid person so I try to use a pseudonym whenever I can so I don't have to worry about someone angry looking me up. That would really suck. I'm a lover, not a fighter. XD

Thanks, dude! I really appreciate it. ^^ I'll try to post my stuff on my DeviantArt account so I can display my works publicly. Though I might need to remember my username. I haven't uploaded any screenshots from my Switch in a while to that account. Thank you though. It means a lot that you think so highly of my projects. ^^

DeviantArt is great for getting resources people upload for you to use like backgrounds/textures/renders/PNG's/C4D'S etc and I don't mind pay .13 cents for some of the nicer ones to download even though the vast majority of it is free. I just finished uploading all my works from the past few years I never uploaded to DA so I could have all my work saved in 1 place. You can add me on DA if you want, if you do I can message you my user.

It's okay about the memory thing, I don't mind answering things again. I wouldn't say I have bad memory but I forget things like birthdays a lot and it's not personal either I just can't seem to remember things like that unless I write it down. 

I probably wouldn't want to see a bear like, face to face either, or a mountain lion. I'm also more scared of a mountain lion though because they are just sneaky and will come out of nowhere when you think they are gone and seem to especially like to attack hikers and things like that. But I probably do something similar with my own emotions. I just sleep on them and then forget about them the next day which I guess is the same as bottling it up lol. I really don't deal with a lot of people anymore though so I don't have any friends that are toxic or try to make me feel bad. I cut those people out of my life and stay away from places where these types of people are so I don't get a lot of feelings like this anymore from people that are in my friend circle. 

Ahhhh that's a shame, my favorite card is Blue Eyes too, I honestly think I have about 7 or 8 of them right now because I bought several of the Seto Kaiba boxes lolll I'd give you one if you were here xD Yeah like, looking back on that situation as an adult I'm like, okay I see why his mom was prolly upset, she just paid for with her own money these "toys" for her kid and now some other kid had them. As a kid though I was like, he bet them and lost them fair and square so I don't see why this is a problem or understood why she was so angry at me and calling me a thief lol.

Ya I loveee the Silent Magician cards! I never played a lot in the duels with other people on there though because I don't like battling other actual people I usually stick to the NPC's, same on any game. It somehow usually leads to confrontation especially if they lose and I don't like that. Also same, on many places I go I just use another name because there's really not any reason for randoms online to know everything about me until I get to know them as a friend and then I'm pretty open and probably a little too trusting.

3 hours ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Welcome back to AF.net!! 🥰

Thank you! 💜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sakura said:

DeviantArt is great for getting resources people upload for you to use like backgrounds/textures/renders/PNG's/C4D'S etc and I don't mind pay .13 cents for some of the nicer ones to download even though the vast majority of it is free. I just finished uploading all my works from the past few years I never uploaded to DA so I could have all my work saved in 1 place. You can add me on DA if you want, if you do I can message you my user.

It's okay about the memory thing, I don't mind answering things again. I wouldn't say I have bad memory but I forget things like birthdays a lot and it's not personal either I just can't seem to remember things like that unless I write it down. 

I probably wouldn't want to see a bear like, face to face either, or a mountain lion. I'm also more scared of a mountain lion though because they are just sneaky and will come out of nowhere when you think they are gone and seem to especially like to attack hikers and things like that. But I probably do something similar with my own emotions. I just sleep on them and then forget about them the next day which I guess is the same as bottling it up lol. I really don't deal with a lot of people anymore though so I don't have any friends that are toxic or try to make me feel bad. I cut those people out of my life and stay away from places where these types of people are so I don't get a lot of feelings like this anymore from people that are in my friend circle. 

Ahhhh that's a shame, my favorite card is Blue Eyes too, I honestly think I have about 7 or 8 of them right now because I bought several of the Seto Kaiba boxes lolll I'd give you one if you were here xD Yeah like, looking back on that situation as an adult I'm like, okay I see why his mom was prolly upset, she just paid for with her own money these "toys" for her kid and now some other kid had them. As a kid though I was like, he bet them and lost them fair and square so I don't see why this is a problem or understood why she was so angry at me and calling me a thief lol.

Ya I loveee the Silent Magician cards! I never played a lot in the duels with other people on there though because I don't like battling other actual people I usually stick to the NPC's, same on any game. It somehow usually leads to confrontation especially if they lose and I don't like that. Also same, on many places I go I just use another name because there's really not any reason for randoms online to know everything about me until I get to know them as a friend and then I'm pretty open and probably a little too trusting.

 

I didn't realize all that was available on DA. Huh. I really should upload my screenshots in that case. It'd be nice to free up some space on this computer. I'll send you a message asking what your username is there. ^^

Cool. If I wrote things down, paper would be all over the place. lol That's the only reason I don't.

That's actually a good point. I forgot that mountain lions are more like stalk predators if anything. Smart, pretty, but I would not like to be mauled by one. >< It's probably not healthy to bury difficult or negative emotions that way, but by now it's a habit that I don't know how to break. >< My friends circle right now is small in the aftermath of all of that scarring betrayal by my previous so-called friends from the other forum. I don't really have the option of meeting people anymore though, so if I don't go online I really would be a recluse. lol

I appreciate the thought, believe me. If I even had 1 it would be pretty sweet. Might even put it in a frame so I don't lose that one. XD Well, retrospect always makes more sense as adults as opposed to when we were kids. It's kind of funny though, if things made as much sense as they make now when I was a kid it really could've save me a lot of grief. lol I guess that's just a part of getting older though. The idea of betting a card always just scared me because I was never actually good at the physical duels. I'm much better at the video game duels anyway. ^^ But calling you a thief... I mean, that's just mean. I'd never call a kid a thief. Who knows what kind of repercussions it would have on their development? That really was a mean thing to call you. Getting mad would've been understandable, but not calling you that.

Oh man, I'm so trusting that if a stranger walks up to me with a sad story and asks for some money, I instantly want to give them all the money I have. Well, not that I ever have any, but you get the idea. Of course, some will be true, but then some won't. Mom's really good at telling which is which, but with me it seems like my empathy is just in overdrive. lol I like to use my first name though because mom gave it to me, so I like it. Besides, it's hard to find someone based on just that. Reading that back I must really be paranoid. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wild Emotion said:

I didn't realize all that was available on DA. Huh. I really should upload my screenshots in that case. It'd be nice to free up some space on this computer. I'll send you a message asking what your username is there. ^^

Cool. If I wrote things down, paper would be all over the place. lol That's the only reason I don't.

That's actually a good point. I forgot that mountain lions are more like stalk predators if anything. Smart, pretty, but I would not like to be mauled by one. >< It's probably not healthy to bury difficult or negative emotions that way, but by now it's a habit that I don't know how to break. >< My friends circle right now is small in the aftermath of all of that scarring betrayal by my previous so-called friends from the other forum. I don't really have the option of meeting people anymore though, so if I don't go online I really would be a recluse. lol

I appreciate the thought, believe me. If I even had 1 it would be pretty sweet. Might even put it in a frame so I don't lose that one. XD Well, retrospect always makes more sense as adults as opposed to when we were kids. It's kind of funny though, if things made as much sense as they make now when I was a kid it really could've save me a lot of grief. lol I guess that's just a part of getting older though. The idea of betting a card always just scared me because I was never actually good at the physical duels. I'm much better at the video game duels anyway. ^^ But calling you a thief... I mean, that's just mean. I'd never call a kid a thief. Who knows what kind of repercussions it would have on their development? That really was a mean thing to call you. Getting mad would've been understandable, but not calling you that.

Oh man, I'm so trusting that if a stranger walks up to me with a sad story and asks for some money, I instantly want to give them all the money I have. Well, not that I ever have any, but you get the idea. Of course, some will be true, but then some won't. Mom's really good at telling which is which, but with me it seems like my empathy is just in overdrive. lol I like to use my first name though because mom gave it to me, so I like it. Besides, it's hard to find someone based on just that. Reading that back I must really be paranoid. lol

I write things on sticky notes a lot and then throw them away when I'm done XD but dates and stuff, I just write on a calendar like birthdays.

Yeaaahh! I watched a documentary about mountain lion attacks once and now I'm scared of a mountain lion attack. Because, you know, that would totally happen right here in the middle of the city lollll Probably the last thing I have to worry about here but the chances... the chances are never 0% O.O 

I keep my friend circle pretty small too. I have a few good friends IRL that I've known for a long time, and my online friend circle is only a few people I've known equally long, probably 10+ years most of them. And they are people that have stuck by me through everything. Quite frankly though I really don't like to meet people IRL and I don't like going places lol

I have mine in a frame! Well something like a frame, I keep them in photocard holders, and I decorate photocard holders with acrylics, beads, stickers and other things because it's relaxing. I have been meaning to decorate the photocard holders I have those in but I haven't gotten to them yet because I need more blue colors x.x && Yeah I think that's a part of getting older, it's easy to look back and see what you could have done differently. Probably a lot of things I would have definitely done different. But the only thing you can do is learn and move on ^^

Oh I do that too xD I remember when I was 7 or 8 we met a homeless man on the street who was asking for food, but we didn't have anything but a credit card, and me and my mom were going to Taco Bell, so when we came back out we had bought this guy a sack of like 10 tacos and I was so excited to give it to him but he was gone and I was sooo upset that we never got to give him those tacos, and I still think about that a lot. 

Edited by Sakura
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I should start buying sticky note pads. That sounds like a pretty good idea.

I couldn't really go anywhere. I mean, I guess I could, but someone would have to take me somewhere first. lol Where we live there's only the dirt road, trees, more trees, and other houses. No stores or anything, so there's not much to do out here. Besides that, I have a really hard time looking people in the eye. Just something about looking into someone's eyes just really makes me uncomfortable. So, I usually just look at the ground.

That's true though, the chances of rogue wild animals does happen. Though since you live in a city the response time would probably be quicker than here. If someone has a heart attack out here and we call 911 it'll take at least 15 minutes, maybe even 20 before the ambulance actually gets here. So, that's a pretty big downside, but the view is gorgeous. Oh, and we see a lot of foxes. We even saw one with melanism at one point. Usually we just see the Red Foxes, but that one was really unique. It was pretty cool. And I see a lot of lizards scurrying around, too. lol Cute, but very spazzy with their movements.

Hey, like they say, quality over quantity, right? ^^

I had one of those photocard holders, but I honestly don't know where it is. lol So, that kind of bites. I lose stuff way too easily. Almost every choice in my life until now when I'm actually trying to do better has been one mistake and bad choice after the next. I'm trying to not make so many mistakes, I've got enough regrets as it is.

That was really nice! You almost got them to him though, so that's close, right? You can't help everyone, but I know what it feels like to want to help them all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Maybe I should start buying sticky note pads. That sounds like a pretty good idea.

I couldn't really go anywhere. I mean, I guess I could, but someone would have to take me somewhere first. lol Where we live there's only the dirt road, trees, more trees, and other houses. No stores or anything, so there's not much to do out here. Besides that, I have a really hard time looking people in the eye. Just something about looking into someone's eyes just really makes me uncomfortable. So, I usually just look at the ground.

That's true though, the chances of rogue wild animals does happen. Though since you live in a city the response time would probably be quicker than here. If someone has a heart attack out here and we call 911 it'll take at least 15 minutes, maybe even 20 before the ambulance actually gets here. So, that's a pretty big downside, but the view is gorgeous. Oh, and we see a lot of foxes. We even saw one with melanism at one point. Usually we just see the Red Foxes, but that one was really unique. It was pretty cool. And I see a lot of lizards scurrying around, too. lol Cute, but very spazzy with their movements.

Hey, like they say, quality over quantity, right? ^^

I had one of those photocard holders, but I honestly don't know where it is. lol So, that kind of bites. I lose stuff way too easily. Almost every choice in my life until now when I'm actually trying to do better has been one mistake and bad choice after the next. I'm trying to not make so many mistakes, I've got enough regrets as it is.

That was really nice! You almost got them to him though, so that's close, right? You can't help everyone, but I know what it feels like to want to help them all.

 

Yeppp! Sticky notes are your friend xD

I kind of have that problem too, I don't make a lot of eye contact with people, I have to keep reminding myself when I'm having a conversation to look at someone while they are talking because it doesn't come by habit for me. But talking about dirt roads and lots of trees make me homesick for where I grew up which sounds similar. It was all country, gravel roads, pine trees and wild animals. There was 1 7-11 store about 2 miles up the road we would sometimes ride our horses up to and get pepsi and candy on allowance day XD 

I'm not sure really if the response time is any better. I had an incident about 2 years ago when I was out walking with someone attacking me and the 911 operator told me to just keep running because she didn't know when or if the police could get there because they were all busy at the moment. The police never followed up with me about the incident either. Ambulance though that might be a little different, I've never had to use an ambulance but I guess I just group them together in the same group with cops and firemen. Foxes and lizards are cute! I love lizards. My friend had a giant iguana as a pet when I was little and I loved looking at that thing especially when it would move.

You can't help everyone, true. But it's nice enough to try I think yeah ^^ I just feel pretty badly for people that seem like they are in a bad situation. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Yeppp! Sticky notes are your friend xD

I kind of have that problem too, I don't make a lot of eye contact with people, I have to keep reminding myself when I'm having a conversation to look at someone while they are talking because it doesn't come by habit for me. But talking about dirt roads and lots of trees make me homesick for where I grew up which sounds similar. It was all country, gravel roads, pine trees and wild animals. There was 1 7-11 store about 2 miles up the road we would sometimes ride our horses up to and get pepsi and candy on allowance day XD 

I'm not sure really if the response time is any better. I had an incident about 2 years ago when I was out walking with someone attacking me and the 911 operator told me to just keep running because she didn't know when or if the police could get there because they were all busy at the moment. The police never followed up with me about the incident either. Ambulance though that might be a little different, I've never had to use an ambulance but I guess I just group them together in the same group with cops and firemen. Foxes and lizards are cute! I love lizards. My friend had a giant iguana as a pet when I was little and I loved looking at that thing especially when it would move.

You can't help everyone, true. But it's nice enough to try I think yeah ^^ I just feel pretty badly for people that seem like they are in a bad situation. 

 

I've only heard of 1 other person having that problem out of all the people I've told that to. I guess it's an unusual problem to have? I just thought it was normal since it's how I grew up. Buuuut, autism isn't normal either, and I thought how I was was just normal. lol Turns out, not so much. I used to buy candy at the candy store (which is now a market store) in the town we used to live in just up the road. Apparently we moved to get away from the neighbors though, which I never really knew.

Yikes, that really isn't much better. Is there a lot of crime in the city you're in? I guess I should be glad that we don't have to worry about our house being broken into or being attacked just walking down the road (except by animals, but I think that would still suck lol) You'd think they'd follow up the incident at the very least. Must've been really busy with a lot of other things going on at the same time. I appreciate what the police do, but sometimes I wonder what would happen to society itself if there weren't any of them. That would be a really bad place to live in.

I say that I know I can't help everyone, but I'll still try to. lol So, not really practicing what I preach there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Wild Emotion said:

I've only heard of 1 other person having that problem out of all the people I've told that to. I guess it's an unusual problem to have? I just thought it was normal since it's how I grew up. Buuuut, autism isn't normal either, and I thought how I was was just normal. lol Turns out, not so much. I used to buy candy at the candy store (which is now a market store) in the town we used to live in just up the road. Apparently we moved to get away from the neighbors though, which I never really knew.

Yikes, that really isn't much better. Is there a lot of crime in the city you're in? I guess I should be glad that we don't have to worry about our house being broken into or being attacked just walking down the road (except by animals, but I think that would still suck lol) You'd think they'd follow up the incident at the very least. Must've been really busy with a lot of other things going on at the same time. I appreciate what the police do, but sometimes I wonder what would happen to society itself if there weren't any of them. That would be a really bad place to live in.

I say that I know I can't help everyone, but I'll still try to. lol So, not really practicing what I preach there.

It might be, I just feel a little uncomfortable when I have to stare into someone's eyes, it makes me feel uneasy especially when it's someone I don't know. Normal is probably over-rated anyways. 

I guess there is probably a normal amount for a major city (it's one of the largest cities in the U.S.). I always hear about things going on but it's not like I'm witnessing a crime every day or scared to walk outside at night or anything either XD I do carry some pepper spray though because I'd rather be prepared in case an incident happens again. Someone has to make sure laws are followed I suppose, but I also rely on myself to protect myself too because of that incident. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

It might be, I just feel a little uncomfortable when I have to stare into someone's eyes, it makes me feel uneasy especially when it's someone I don't know. Normal is probably over-rated anyways. 

I guess there is probably a normal amount for a major city (it's one of the largest cities in the U.S.). I always hear about things going on but it's not like I'm witnessing a crime every day or scared to walk outside at night or anything either XD I do carry some pepper spray though because I'd rather be prepared in case an incident happens again. Someone has to make sure laws are followed I suppose, but I also rely on myself to protect myself too because of that incident. 

 

Same here. Except I can only look at 1 of their eyes.. I can't go back and forth constantly between 2 eyes, because it strains mine. ><

I bet it's because of the population abundance there. Like, how a small town usually doesn't have a lot of crime in it (except ones that really stand out). I emphasize usually though. Man, I'd never want to be pepper sprayed. It sounds like it seriously hurts the eyes. Better to be prepared than be in a situation where you aren't. I understand relying on yourself more after something like that though. Makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Same here. Except I can only look at 1 of their eyes.. I can't go back and forth constantly between 2 eyes, because it strains mine. ><

I bet it's because of the population abundance there. Like, how a small town usually doesn't have a lot of crime in it (except ones that really stand out). I emphasize usually though. Man, I'd never want to be pepper sprayed. It sounds like it seriously hurts the eyes. Better to be prepared than be in a situation where you aren't. I understand relying on yourself more after something like that though. Makes sense.

I never really thought about which eye or eyes I look at I guess when I look at people lol usually I think I focus more on their nose so it looks like I'm looking at them in the eyes but it doesn't give me the feeling I am.

Yeah I just mostly try to not live in fear that something is going to happen to me every time I go out. Since something could happen to you anytime you go out anywhere lol. I wouldn't want to be pepper sprayed either. Does not sound like a fun time 😧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

I never really thought about which eye or eyes I look at I guess when I look at people lol usually I think I focus more on their nose so it looks like I'm looking at them in the eyes but it doesn't give me the feeling I am.

Yeah I just mostly try to not live in fear that something is going to happen to me every time I go out. Since something could happen to you anytime you go out anywhere lol. I wouldn't want to be pepper sprayed either. Does not sound like a fun time 😧

Yeah, it drives me crazy when someone looks at both of mine. lol I don't know why though.

You're definitely a brave person. I don't think I'd be as brave. Does pepper spray work as a spice? Like on food? I've always been curious if that'd be able to work or if it'd be inedible after that? Sorry, I think about weird hypotheticals sometimes. lol

Edited by Wild Emotion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wild Emotion said:

Yeah, it drives me crazy when someone looks at both of mine. lol I don't know why though.

You're definitely a brave person. I don't think I'd be as brave. Does pepper spray work as a spice? Like on food? I've always been curious if that'd be able to work or if it'd be inedible after that? Sorry, I think about weird hypotheticals sometimes. lol

Okay I actually had to look this up lol because my first thought was no, there's no way you can eat pepper spray but then I started questioning myself XD

So you can technically eat pepper spray apparently but it's not recommended since it's 40x hotter than Tabasco sauce and it says it leaves a very bitter after taste, not a good taste like hot sauce. So ultimately I would say no don't eat pepper spray lollll

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wild Emotion said:

lol Well you just started making me wonder. Sorry, I can really come up with weird hypothetical situations. XD

We've both learned something here. Don't eat pepper spray XD 

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...