What Image Host Do You Use?

Sanchanyo

I used to use Postimage several years ago. I have long switched to imgur which is rather user friendly, and has a nice UI. I would say the only thing I don't like about it is how they handle deleted image links. I have considered trying something else, but I've been too lazy too. Especially since now I just upload everything directly to here which is one of the only reasons I was using a image hosting site to begin with. :P

I used to use Imageshack. Then they decided I had to pay in order to continue using the site to upload images.

I said screw that for one simple reason; why pay to do something the competition lets you do for free?

So I experimented with other image hosters before settling on Imgur. It's the most user-friendly, and it doesn't have Photobucket's problem. I haven't had many problems with it, either.

I've also uploaded images here, though the owners of the site might be paying for it...correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, I'll try to make it easier for you.

Edited by Guest

I use Dropbox.

I've also uploaded images here, though the owners of the site might be paying for it...correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, I'll try to make it easier for you.

I appreciate the concern. The server hosting Anime Forums has 100 GB of storage, so please, feel free to upload as much as you like in your posts and galleries. We have plenty of room. (o^.^o)

I would encourage everyone to upload images directly into the forums, reduces the chance of losing your image if your image host deletes it due to inactivity, etc. :angel:

I mostly use GRAND FORCE Image Board for anime/game pictures.

I would encourage everyone to upload images directly into the forums, reduces the chance of losing your image if your image host deletes it due to inactivity, etc. :angel:

I think so.

Also, it can be a pain to trace and remove dead images from all forum posts.

• 2 months later...

What?

You can upload images directly to your server?

I've always uploaded images to a image host and copied the link, then posting it here. Because of that I now have a image upload site in my bookmarks.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
You can upload images directly to your server?

Ah not quite - I was trying to encourage members to attach their images directly to their posts using the Upload a File button.

Reason being is if if the image host account the member used closes down in future then of course the images will disappear from their posts. ImageShack was a good example when they removed their free offering.

Now having said that, I think there's an attachment manager I could look into installing which lets you browse all the files you've uploaded in all the posts here on Anime Forums. Might look into it if there's any interest.

Edited by Guest

Ah not quite - I was trying to encourage members to attach their images directly to their posts using the Upload a File button.

This is kind of funny actually.

Despite me being on this forum for a couple of months, I just noticed the upload a file button before I posted that comment.

Now having said that, I think there's an attachment manager I could look into installing which

lets you browse all the files you've uploaded in all the posts here on Anime Forums. Might look into it if there's any interest.

Honestly, that might be a cool feature, but I seriously doubt I would find myself using it like.. ever.

The only practical use I see for it is quickly uploading images, but I don't think many users upload the same picture twice. You can do a scan or something, but from my experience, I don't think I've ever seen an user upload a same picture twice before.

I mean, you can still do it, it's just that I don't think many users would use it very often.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Photobucket, however I only use it occasionally, used it more when I used LiveJournal, gotta get back to that, at some point, if I can remember the password!

Actually, I have a couple of images on GoogePlus too, some Pokémon images (that I'd found around the time when AlphaSapphire/OmegaRuby theories were running wild), and some Persona images by Segami Daisuke (that at some point, I plan to use them for one of the unanimated Persona 3 CD dramas)!

I could also upload images to my minhateca account, which is a Brazillian file storage site, which I use, as you had to register, in order to download things from it, so I'm now making use of it, by uploading files to it!

• 2 weeks later...