What do you read?

It's been quite a while since I read a book, I've read magazines from the various societies I'm a member of, but not any books. When I was working I would leave my office at lunchtime and find a quiet spot where I would read a book while eating my lunch. Now I'm retired I watch anime while I eat my lunch, and dinner.

I really must get back into the habit of reading books.

I read a lot of books by Daniel Silva, he's my favorite Author and kind of the only books that keep my interest recently. I also read a few by Jeff Long here and there. These are mostly spy/mystery books or end of the world type books. When I'm not reading those I read a lot of books about World War II because I've always been really interested in that part of history.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:01 PM, Animedragon said:

It's been quite a while since I read a book, I've read magazines from the various societies I'm a member of, but not any books. When I was working I would leave my office at lunchtime and find a quiet spot where I would read a book while eating my lunch. Now I'm retired I watch anime while I eat my lunch, and dinner.

I really must get back into the habit of reading books.

No comics either?

23 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Just starting out eh?

More like ground to a halt because there's not many bookshops in my area that sell this sort of books.

Actually, there's not many bookshops left in my area. ☹️

Mail order adds to the prices and the supply is a bit random with only a few odd volumes.

Have you checked for used book shops? Or gone on Amazon?

On 4/17/2024 at 2:22 PM, Animedragon said:

More like ground to a halt because there's not many bookshops in my area that sell this sort of books.

Actually, there's not many bookshops left in my area. ☹️

Mail order adds to the prices and the supply is a bit random with only a few odd volumes.

have you checked for used bookstoreS?

I love reading, I just don't make enough time for it and after doing it in college for a while, the whole doing what you love for work makes it no longer fun kinda vibe.

But honestly I only tend to read classic novels, I'm a huge sucker for Jane Austen novels and the Bronte sisters!