Binge watching Tips and Habits

Koppain

I am pretty sure the title says it all but just in case this is a thread where you can share tips and habits or stories for/about binge watching anime. So school is finished for this year for me... this might mean fun holiday activities or going out and enjoying the sun (is summer in NZ) but for me this means playing video games and binge watching anime (mostly anime tho since my PC wont really play anything anymore.) But binge watching anime isn't going well for me so I wanted to know if there is any techniques to binge watching like watching multiple anime five episode at a time or something. Also if you have any rants or stories about binge watching anime don't forget to share... like how when watching anime at night and you fall asleep halfway through.

Also here is a GIF

600.gif.ca99dff6227bf401c63d26c7102cc3b9.gif

Hey, I live in NZ too!, nice to meet you!

I would suggest the five episodes at a time for bingeing, then take about a hour rest, then another five if your still good, I can manage about 10 a day if I'm into it, bit sometimes spacing out the episodes is nice!

• Like 1

Hey, I live in NZ too!, nice to meet you!

I would suggest the five episodes at a time for bingeing, then take about a hour rest, then another five if your still good, I can manage about 10 a day if I'm into it, bit sometimes spacing out the episodes is nice!

Nice to met you too, I haven't met anyone from NZ on the forums yet (If you are into pc gaming you should add me on steam (I mostly play co-op games but my pc is kinda broken atm))

Yeah I was gonna try that tomorrow, before this I would mindlessly binge watch a 20-something episode anime through 3 days. I have this friend who isn't really that much into anime we watch the whole of SNK in 2 days (12pm-5am(ish)) and on Halloween we watched Another (Sometimes I wonder why he puts up with me).

Edited by Guest

Nice to met you too, I haven't met anyone from NZ on the forums yet (If you are into pc gaming you should add me on steam (I mostly play co-op games but my pc is kinda broken atm))

Yeah I was gonna try that tomorrow, before this I would mindlessly binge watch a 20-something episode anime through 3 days. I have this friend who isn't really that much into anime we watch the whole of SNK in 2 days (12pm-5am(ish)) and on Halloween we watched Another (Sometimes I wonder why he puts up with me).

Nah I don't PC game, only get internet on my cell haha!

What's SNK?, ive heard of it, is it older? I can only stand widescreen anime lol :-)

You looking for any suggestions, let me know your genre and I'll try suggesting some

• Like 1

Nah I don't PC game, only get internet on my cell haha!

What's SNK?, ive heard of it, is it older? I can only stand widescreen anime lol :-)

You looking for any suggestions, let me know your genre and I'll try suggesting some

Oh SNK stands for (Shingeki no Kyojin) you probably know it as AOT (Attack on Titan).

I also have trouble with 4:3 aspect ratios but there are some anime that are worth the torture like Trigun or Cowboy Bebop.

(Thanks I'll pm you if I get stuck)

• Like 1

Hello New Zealand neighbours. Australian here. I can totally relate to the hot Summer. ;)

But binge watching anime isn't going well for me so I wanted to know if there is any techniques to binge watching like watching multiple anime five episode at a time or something.

I've only binge watched two anime titles, Steins;gate and Symphogear. Only because they were really alluring... I don't do it much any more though because of full time work commitments. :'(

I would say drinks and snacks help to keep your energy levels up. Stretch or go for a little walk after a few episodes or you'll get too stiff.

And if possible do it with a friend or sibling, definitely more fun that way.

• Like 1

Hello New Zealand neighbours. Australian here. I can totally relate to the hot Summer. ;)

I've only binge watched two anime titles, Steins;gate and Symphogear. Only because they were really alluring... I don't do it much any more though because of full time work commitments. :'(

I would say drinks and snacks help to keep your energy levels up. Stretch or go for a little walk after a few episodes or you'll get too stiff.

And if possible do it with a friend or sibling, definitely more fun that way.

Yeah my bro hates anime but I have get together with 1 or 2 friends to binge watch sometimes.

When I first started watching anime seriously I was a binge watcher and spend many an hour in front of my laptop watching anime.

When it comes to binge watching there are 4 important things you need.

1. The will to watch , a reason to watch (such as you like the anime , you want to see it , you want to participate in discussions about the anime and so on...).

2. An anime you like or have an interest in.

3. Snacks.

4. Break time , every hour or two you should get some air for about 10-15 min , just to make sure you're still alive :P

I find the easiest anime to binge watch are

1. Long running series , (for the most part) they keep getting better and keep giving you more reasons to watch , whether it be to see if the MC does what they set out to do or just to see how characters / relationships change and develop during the anime.

2. Cornerstone anime , anime that most if not all anime fans have seen or at least heard of , such as Death Note , Bleach , Naruto , SAO , SNK and so on , their not popular for no reason , they are enjoyable and that's why we watch them.

3. Anime in your favorite genre , if you enjoy it you will want to keep watching

What I've said may seem a little overboard for just tips on binge watching but it does help.

• Like 1

I used to binge watch anime all the time, but only do it sparingly now. I would personally suggest that you don't set an episode limit, but to just watch until you feel like you're just going to get bored with it if you go any further. It usually depends, but I probably average around 10 or so episodes in one sitting when I binge watch. I would probably suggest against snacks unless you're taking a break.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Jelous that you're able to binge watch. It's quite hard watching anime in general as my parents hate anime, although they don't ban me watching it.

If you're gonna binge watch do these things:

- Wear comfortable clothing

- take a shit before watching (trust me, I ended up watch SAO on the toilet thanks to this one.

- turn the aircon on (since it's its summer in nz)

Anyway I prefer watching alone, and disscussing the anime on forums and with freinds.

Also don't watch echii and harem anime with freinds, it awckwards and even more acward with the opposite sex or people who haven't seen anime.

Anyone have tips on making time to binge watch shows? xD It's always tempting, but with time and stuff it never seems entirely possible ... :S

I might be crazy but when I do binge shows, I actually prefer watching with ads on. It's sometimes annoying, of course, but I feel like ads just let you be a human now and then. Like, if you ate something while watching, it gives you a chance to clean up and not have to think about it later. And that lets you get up and walk around a little. You can use the bathroom when the OP starts if you've seen it already, and the ads will be done by the time you come back (unless you pee at lightning speed). If having a mess around you or not moving doesn't bother you, I guess it doesn't matter much, but I like having the chance to take care of details like that, and it gives me some time to chew on what I just watched, too :3 Obviously you still CAN do those things without ads, but there's much less motivation to do so.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic