Gelatin Salad

Clayton

Posted (edited)

So I'm considering making galatin salad (we always called it Green Stuff at home) , something I try to do at least once a year. 

Now in my experience the best way to do this is 

8 Ounces of Small curd Cottage cheese

8 Ounces of whipped topping

1 can of crushed pineapple (Strained)

Walnuts (optional) 

1 large box lime gelatin powder

Mix until an even light green. Cool in the fridge. 

Cottage Cheese Jell-o Salad | Recipe | Jello salad, Lime jello salads,  Jello recipes

Currently though I'm considering swapping lime for orange. My family always discussed it, but never did because flavors like strawberry or cherry just do not work. Orange is another citrus... but would it be as good?!? Is it worth risking ruining perfection?

Have any of you made this stuff? 

What variation do you use?

Edited by Clayton

I have honestly never made this or ate it. I have seen it at various potlucks though. It always looks like something I want to just stick my hands in and squish and squish.. kind of like slime.. ._. In fact the more I look at that picture ^ the more I want to shove my hands in it to know what the texture feels like lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clayton said:

Have any of you made this stuff? 

What variation do you use?

Our family has done this.  I'm not a big fan to be honest.  It is edible but usually only makes an appearance at special occasions like Thanksgiving, which means it's competing for plate space with other items that I find far more appealing so I tend to give it a pass.

That said, chopped cranberries and/or maybe cranberry sauce can work.  Unfortunately I do not know the recipe.  The less time I spend in the kitchen the better for all involved.  :D (I haven't killed or injured anyone, yet, but it may only be a matter of time.  My skills definitely lie elsewhere.)

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 3:22 PM, Zeref said:

I have never had this. It seems simple to make? Do you recommend it as something to try?

Definitely, but again it only works with the lime gelatin powder. I tried it with orange and it was kinda bland

• Like 1