🐱‍👤✨Naruto Hand Seals Are Based On Buddhism?!

In the anime Naruto, the hand seals used are supposed to channel "chakra" energy to use ninja magic or Jutsu.

image.jpeg.65dc198931612bb0640343b2a4fa76f2.jpeg

But, Did you know hand seals come from Hinduism and especially Buddhism?!

image.thumb.png.bb03e80b6cd26bf43ea5a943aa294f1d.png

In Buddhism, hand seals are called mudra and channel energy depending on what you want. Such as, using mudra for meditative practice or for health purposes! 

• Like 1

I have read this before it's quite interesting. I like how many anime artist derive things from real life situations or real life things such as mentioned from your previous post about DBZ yoga and meditating. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Zeref said:

I have read this before it's quite interesting. I like how many anime artist derive things from real life situations or real life things such as mentioned from your previous post about DBZ yoga and meditating. 

Yeah me too, stuff like this is interesting to learn. I didn't know the hand signs were based on Buddhism so that's cool. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Sakura said:

Yeah me too, stuff like this is interesting to learn. I didn't know the hand signs were based on Buddhism so that's cool. 

Hand seals in general are called mudra, and the ninja hand seals are based on Taoist/Shugendo/Buddhist practices.