Looking for new series to watch

yodaman1024

If you are looking for a Sci-Fi action anime then I suggest you try out out:

[spoiler=Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion]Code_Geass_DVD_Part3.png.f9a683a93642ec3c1dff6bf3988d8f30.png

An anime about the son of the leader of the Holy Britanian Empire, he starts a rebellion in Japan which is occupied by Britanian and is now known as area 11. This anime is mecha, military and supernatural. 2 season with 25-ish episodes, the dub is good. There is also a movie that I haven't got around to watching yet but that one isn't dubbed.

Then there is these classics:

[spoiler=Trigun]nura4.jpg.1d8d0303aa6e1e4baac14ad2ee9832f3.jpg

An anime about a legendary cowboy with a 60 billion double dollar bounty on his head in a desert world with what little is left of humanity. 1 season with 25 episodes and a movie, the dub isn't that great but its alright.

[spoiler=Cowboy Bebop]71902-cowboy-bebop-cowboy-bebop-cover-art.jpg.65d171ddfcfa3221e516a1b19bb671f5.jpg

Follow the crew of the spaceship Bebop a spaceship that starts off with a duo of an ex-police agent and a resigned member of a syndicate, later joined by 3 more crew members this one plays out in space as the bounty hunters try to scrap together some money. Great fight scenes and also great if you enjoy Jazz, the intro is still one of my all-time favorites. 1 season with 26 episodes and a movie, just like Trigun the dub isn't that great.

but the 4:3 resolution might drive you away.

And finally I have this one for the less actiony and more mind twisting anime:

[spoiler=Steins;Gate]258650-steinsgate-steinsgate-cover-art.jpg.13af7534abfc22c233631720ac46a304.jpg

I can only describe this with two words 'Time' and 'Travel'. Starts of slow but by episode 5 you will not be able to take your eyes off the screen. 1 season with 25 episodes, all of the dubbed pretty well.

I also have some more suggestions if you don't only want sci-fi so feel free to ask (y).

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

^Second everything listed above.

Also, Fate/Zero for a modern day fantasy action anime with amazing animation. Your Lie in April if you are interested in a music/drama anime where the music is completely outstanding. And A Certain Scientific Railgun if you are looking for a good superpower anime.

• Like 1

I would recommend

Ergo Proxy - brilliant

Psycho Pass - brilliant

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - just plain awesome

Guilty Crown - brillinat

Darker than Black - brilliant

Aldnoah.Zero -surprised me with how good it was

Eureka 7 - a personal favorite :P

Patema Inverted - Movie

• Like 2

I would recommend

Ergo Proxy - brilliant

Psycho Pass - brilliant

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - just plain awesome

Guilty Crown - brillinat

Darker than Black - brilliant

Aldnoah.Zero -surprised me with how good it was

Eureka 7 - a personal favorite :P

Patema Inverted - Movie

Damn I forgot about Gurren Lagann, Guilty crown is a lot like Code geass (rebellion, mechas, super powers, set in a futuristic earth[spoiler=This will ruin the ending to both.]both of them have a sad ending

) but I still recommend both as much as the other (to be honest Guilty crown has a better soundtrack).

Cowboy Bebop is awesome! Ironically, the show was more popular outside of Japan than within it.

Maybe you could check out Outlaw Star as well.

Or you could check out one of the Gundam series...been around since about 1977 or 1979...but that's more of a mech series so never mind...

• Geano locked this topic