Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - General Discussion

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]76727l.jpg.03d59591a38c2fbb10716ebc5ac88c13.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Living, isn't easy.

When Haruhito awakens, he's in the dark.

He doesn't know where he is, why is he here, and where he came from.

Around him there are several men and women who have the same circumstances.

Together, they advance forward away from the darkness, and a world they've never seen before called "Grimgar" spreads out before them.

Memories, money, special powers — This is the reality we who have none of those things have obtained.

I am really looking forward to this anime the concept alone is brilliant and the fact that it has been picked up by A-1 Pictures just makes me want to watch it more. A-1 has produced a lot of good anime over the years and I hope this will be going onto that list.

• Agree 1

My biggest worry with this anime is that they might negate the whole Idea of "normal" characters and the characters might end up overpowered , I just want to see characters with no special abilities stay that way and still manage to struggle through with just their willpower and grit.

I got a little off topic but I am also hoping that A-1 pulls this off well.

Edited by Guest

My biggest worry with this anime is that they might negate the whole Idea of "normal" characters and the characters might end up overpowered , I just want to see characters with no special abilities stay that way and still manage to struggle through with just their willpower and grit.

I got a little off topic but I am also hoping that A-1 pulls this off well.

Yes, I hope you are right and they stay normal, although I would like to see at least a bit of growth throughout all the characters, not to the point where they would be considered OP though.

• Agree 1

Yes, I hope you are right and they stay normal, although I would like to see at least a bit of growth throughout all the characters, not to the point where they would be considered OP though.

Agreed , I also hope to see the characters get better at their particular skill sets , but as you said not to the point where they would be OP.

• 3 months later...

I haven't actually finished the last few episodes (I want to say the anime is now over) but honestly with the big moment early on in Episode 3-4 I think it was (the heartbreaking moment), I sort of lost interest because the dynamic changed for me. After that incident and with an introduction to new characters, this anime feels tedious.

The characters outside of Haruhiro and MAYBE ranta and the new character don't have much depth to them. They are all one dimensional and they are treated like secondary people or extras more so than main characters despite the fact they all equally risk their lives.

The animation is good and it is probably why I watch it and I sort of like Haruhiro but the slow storytelling reminds me of Rokka and The Six (or Seven) braves...except not as interesting and compelling.

The fanservice, while tame compared to some anime (See gate), is annoying.

Wasn't the worst anime of the winter season but it certainly wasn't my favorite either. I'll finish the remaining few episodes eventually.

• Geano locked this topic