Ajin: Demi-Human

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]Ajin.jpg.941d21d8364d58d178897d3c2a89c129.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

For high schooler Kei—and for at least forty-six others—immortality comes as the nastiest surprise ever.

Sadly for Kei, such a feat doesn't make him a superhero. In the eyes of both the general public and governments, he's a rare specimen who needs to be hunted down and handed over to scientists to be experimented on for life—a demi-human who must die a thousand deaths for the benefit of humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcCdYyXyDF4

I am hoping that Polygon Pictures can do a good job on this one like they did with Sidonia no Kishi and this series does look very promising and I hope the 3D animation won't detract from the anime.

• 1 month later...

Anyone watched the first episode? Just finished it and while the CGI was weird at first, I have to say I really really enjoyed it. It was pretty awesome to watch imo. Great action, the characters were interesting and I am already invested in the storyline and I have a new favorite. Kai <3

I watched the first episode since the plot seemed cool, but I have to admit the CGI looked bad :/ and it's a shame because I really enjoyed the episode overall. I wish they'd stick with normal 2D animation, at least for the characters. Anyway, I'll probably watch this one 'till the end and I hope the story and characters will make up for the bad animation....the start was good after all

After watching the first episode I have high hopes for this series.

I think the 3D works well for the series though it may put people off because they are not used to it or simply don't like the Idea , personally I think it works.

I hope that Ajin does turn out to be as good as I believe it can be.

I watched the first episode since the plot seemed cool, but I have to admit the CGI looked bad :/ and it's a shame because I really enjoyed the episode overall. I wish they'd stick with normal 2D animation, at least for the characters. Anyway, I'll probably watch this one 'till the end and I hope the story and characters will make up for the bad animation....the start was good after all

I was on MAL and I was reading a lot of people complaining about the CGI. It was a bit weird but honestly I didn't think it was that bad though. I like the different look to it but I hope it doesn't work against it as the story (at least initially) seems really good.

I was on MAL and I was reading a lot of people complaining about the CGI. It was a bit weird but honestly I didn't think it was that bad though. I like the different look to it but I hope it doesn't work against it as the story (at least initially) seems really good.

I'm generally a person who does not appreciate change, therefore the CGI bothered me a lot. On top of that, it worries me that anime will head towards that direction in the future (since the use of CGI gets more and more popular), and I honestly don't want that. For me, anime is 2D, end of story. Thus, Ajin had better be super awesome, otherwise I'll hate it :P

Another great episode , I am now 90% sure that Kai is also an Ajin.

Seeing what I think is Kei's Ajin body was cool though I do wonder how he is able to move around in his human form at the same time , my theory being that the Ajin body materializes when Kei is in danger or has an intense emotional reaction and then it functions on what he felt at that moment.

Which is why it killed those guys and why it was saying it needed to pee.

Any thoughts ?

Another great episode , I am now 90% sure that Kai is also an Ajin.

Seeing what I think is Kei's Ajin body was cool though I do wonder how he is able to move around in his human form at the same time , my theory being that the Ajin body materializes when Kei is in danger or has an intense emotional reaction and then it functions on what he felt at that moment.

Which is why it killed those guys and why it was saying it needed to pee.

Any thoughts ?

Perhaps the Ajin is like the spirit or something and Kei is like a host for it....

I adore the manga- I'm already caught up- and all of the characters are fascinating. The things is though, as I have started watching the anime, I do not believe that it is a good adaption. The general representation of the manga is good, but, as made very clear in above posts, the 3D animation takes away from the plot and characters.

• 2 months later...
this anime is good if u like the animation i would like to recommend knights of sidonia

Same creators right?

OMG I love love love this anime. I cant wait for the English dub tbh.

Such an amazing MC, Awesome story, action and twisted anime. Kei is definitely hands down my favorite MC so far in any anime because he feels so human and natural and not like a character.

I cant wait for the movie and the next season(if there is one, which it better be)

• 2 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic