Digimon Evolution

senshikoi

The poster for the next movie of -tri- got me thinking, fifteen years later, we are now seeing all of the partners to the original Adventure chosen children evolving to the same level as Agumon and Gabumon, well only Vikemon and Rosemon are confirmed!

However it's probably safe to assume Phoenixmon, HerculesKabuterimon, Orphanimon and Seraphimon are on their way, two per movie (I'm guess, in the order listed), although Seraphimon did appear previously in a movie (Hurricane Touchdown!!/Transcendent Evolution!!...), but with Magnadramon rather than Orphanimon!

So, things I'd like to see, possibly:

145px-Digimonadventure_logo.png.7e18241a45de3248ddd5a7f18bd1c3b8.png

• Everyone Jogress - well not everyone [together], unless that's an option (sorry that just popped in, part of it's a quote for a sitcom, I think), we know WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon become Omegamon, but do Vikemon and Rosemon jogress? What about Phoenixmon and HerculesKabuterimon, or Orphanimon and Seraphimon? Gender shouldn't be an issue, as Digimon are technically genderless, and we've already seen Aquilamon and Tailmon jogress! Although as Angemon and Tailmon already have jogress partners, does this mean they will not have another jogress (not to say that there isn't another jogress possibility, just that it won't happen, because of the previous jogresses)?

120px-Zerotwo_logo.png.e22ddb080e1d2d9e18d4dbc5d9fcd4ad.png

• Alternate Armour Evolution - although it features in a CD Drama (no images of CheerGalmon yet), and in later series and movies (starting in Tamers with Maildramon [Tailmon using the Digimental of Miracles]), would've been nice to see in 02, however after the control spires were destroyed, Armour Evolution was defunct, with only Hikari still using Digimentals, evolving Tailmon to Nefertimon, because without her Holy Ring, she couldn't evolve to Angewomon!
  • Everyone Extra Mode - why is it only Imperialdramon that has mode changes? Could Silphymon and Shakkomon also have had mode changes, will they have with -tri-?

150px-Digimontamers_logo.png.f40e5e15db2628c872de9e8397485d55.png

• Enter the Matrix Evolution - only Takato, Ruki, Jenrya and Ryo Matrix Evolve, however there could be some reasons as to why others don't, I mean MarineAngemon and Beelzebubmon are already ultimates, Juri and Leomon's reason is obvious (although if that reason wasn't there, would they've Matrix Evolved into BanchoLeomon?), and Andromon and Andiramon de-evolved, around the time Kazuhiro and Shiuchon became their Tamers!
  • Leomon's Evolutions - if things were different, what would Leomon's evolutionary path? I'd quite like him evolve into GrappuLeomon (especially given has an attack of Senpuu Taabin Geri, and his Tamer's dub name is Jeri - I know it's not really the same), however from there, what would be his Ultimate [fusion with Juri]? Would one be created specially? Regulumon from V-Tamer looks pretty interesting, but unlike the other Ultimates, would be a "male" Digimon, and female Tamer, however might not matter given a 02 jogress, and Ruki and Renamon in the German dub, but latter isn't Japanese canon!
  • Lopmon's Evolutions - in Hurricane Touchdown!!/Transcendent Evolution!!..., Lopmon evolves into Wendimon, however I don't like this choice of evolution, personally I quite like Turuiemon as the next stage for Lopmon! As for Lopmon's Ultimate [fusion with Shuichon], one could be created, but I quite like Minervamon for the role! Rosemon is also a possibility, and Minervamon can actually evolve into Mervamon, but I quite like the parallels of Shuichon's youngness, and Minervamon's appearance, and the fact that Lopmon was a deva, and Minervamon (and Mervamon) are Olypmus XII Digimon!
  • Guardromon's Evolutions - could say the most obvious Ultimate [fusion with Hirokazu] for Guardromon would be Hi-Andromon, however one could be created instead! Tiger Vespamon or Rajinmon look quite good, there are even seven evolutions that are evolutions for partner Digimon of Chosen Children/Tamers, including Rosemon!
  • MarineAngemon's Evolutions - well, is there any need? MarineAngemon is already at Ultimate, so would MarineAngemon slide-evolve if fused with Kenta? Or would MarineAngemon have to de-evolve, and then re-evolve to another Ultimate [with Kenta]? Or is there no point, and we stick with MarineAngemon?

125px-Digimonfrontier_logo.png.8be64d3f0f6812a560e8e8e29133373a.png

• Everyone double-spirit evolution - Orphanimon upgraded Takuya and Kouji's digivices to enable the two chosen children to unlock double-spirit evolution, but what if Izumi, Junpei, Tomoki and Kouichi's digivices also got upgraded at somepoint, mentioned a couple of times, would've liked to see JetSilphymon, animated, she's got a crazy design going on!

145px-Digimonsavers_logo.png.3a71c8a7f63d639f5238a0a22fd37bfc.png

• Everyone ultimate - unlike previous series, where only Masaru/RizeGreymon and Tohma/MachGaogamon would evolve to ultimate, this series sees Yoshino/Lilamon evolve to Rosemon, and Ikuto/Yatagaramon evolve to Ravemon, and even to Burst Mode!! So no real evolution "problems" here, but given Megumi and Miki are like the backbone support, it would be interesting to have seen their partners evolve to ultimate as well!

180px-Digimonxroswars_logo.png.f5f52840ea967c9052a965b5db9ef93e.png

• Given that Xros Wars and II (Hunter) mainly revolve around DigiXros rather than evolution, I don't have any evolution "problems" with them, however, if you do, you can list them!

Been playing Re-Digitise recently, so have some other thoughts on evolution:

• Branch Evolution - whilst there are (usually) various options as to what Digimon will become through evolution, the series (except for evolutionary mis-steps, and item triggered evolution) has partner Digimon continually evolve into the same Digimon;
  • Permanent Evolution - whilst in the series evolution is temporary, it is permanent in the games, or in Re-Digitise, at least!

Given that all the partners of the main chosen children reach the same level of evolution (or there about) in Savers, and as of Digimon Adventure -tri-, all those partners are doing the same, or close to, have they decided the were being unfair to the other partner Digimon?

So my questions:

• What evolutions (within "character") would you have liked to see for partner Digimon, or for the chosen children of Digimon Frontier, themselves;
  • Why do some partner Digimon receive more "attention" than the others;
  • Are the creators/producers/whomever now deciding the extra "attention" is unfair;

• Would you prefer it if partner Digimon had a branch evolution (without items) like in games;
  • Would you prefer it if partner Digimon's evolution was permanent?

For the first "attention" question, the obvious answers include "because they're the partners of the main chosen children", and "it was the choice of the (series) creator/producer/whomever", however what "in universe" answers do you see?

For the second "attention" question, I cite the fact that all the main chosen children in Savers reached the same level of evolution, everyone Jogressed in 02, and with -tri-, all partners for Adventure are reaching the same level, or close to!

So, that's it for another post, I was planning to make another topic, about chosen children cameos (games and other Digimon series), but getting a bit late now, so I'll make the topic another day!

Decided to add an avatar for myself, it's actually the one I was planning to use when the original site was up, though it's not the version of the image I was working on at the time, I was "scrubbing" out the pixellation, so this is only a temporary-permanent avatar, of the same image :D!

EDIT: I've added some new bits, and re-arranged some of the information!

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I think I can see that, yeah, that'd be interesting!

You know I'd just logged on to modify this thread, and then I find there's a post :D!

Been trying to improve this and "Chosen of Chosen", so it's a less of a rant, and more quizzical!

• Geano locked this topic