Favorite Type of Tea

drill

I only drink sweet iced tea.

I don't like any of those abominations with fruit or anything else added to it.

Sweet Iced Tea is the drink of the South!

It could be freezing outside and we will still want our sweet iced tea.

• Like 1

My favorite is I guess what you would call "Ice Tea" but its good both warm and cold, in the country I come from it is actually the mainstream tea so I never heard of "normal tea" (the one with milk) until I moved but since I moved I haven't drunk it much now if I drink tea its either "normal tea" or raspberry fruit tea.

While I don't mind Lipton Ice Tea (infact I usually buy it if I am out and at my school cafeteria (the crusty teriyaki chicken sushi and lipton ice tea make for the best combo :3)), I still get slightly annoyed when someone thinks that that stuff is Lemon Tea (just looked up the name for first time).

So in a conclusion I love Lemon Tea the most (pretty much the same as "normal tea" but instead of putting a little milk in to it you put some lemon juice.). It should also be a no-brainer that anyone who replies to this thread probably picks tea over coffee but just in case I am still declaring it.

AND DAMN YOU ALL NOW I AM FIRSTY AF!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
1 hour ago, Fezo_chan said:

I think i addicted to tea))) 

It's pretty much the national drink here in the UK and nearly all of us are addicted to it.  Very often the first thing we do when things go wrong is make tea. 

Personally I like ordinary de-caff tea with milk, not too strong and without sugar. A biscuit is also important, preferably a plain chocolate one (but I won't refuse a milk chocolate one).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like black and green teas, but I don't drink them as often anymore. Being a Southerner, I like a little tea with my sugar. 😅 I've cut back on it though, because it wires me up at night when I need to be winding down to go to bed. While I can drink it without sugar, I don't like unsweetened tea on ice. I feel like tea with no sugar tastes better when hot.

I also like chamomile herbal tea on some occasions just before going to bed.

I'm mostly a couple of cups of black coffee in the mornings / water for the rest of the day kind of guy, but sometimes I'll cheat with a little sweet tea (or a wee dram or a pint).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:12 PM, viruxx said:

I like black and green teas, but I don't drink them as often anymore. Being a Southerner, I like a little tea with my sugar. 😅 I've cut back on it though, because it wires me up at night when I need to be winding down to go to bed. While I can drink it without sugar, I don't like unsweetened tea on ice. I feel like tea with no sugar tastes better when hot.

I also like chamomile herbal tea on some occasions just before going to bed.

I'm mostly a couple of cups of black coffee in the mornings / water for the rest of the day kind of guy, but sometimes I'll cheat with a little sweet tea (or a wee dram or a pint).

One guy say me that everthink with sugar lost taste and i never drink without sugar,but mostly i thinking is that is really true...

Edited by animechat
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, animechat said:

One guy say me that everthink with sugar lost taste and i never drink without sugar,but mostly i thinking is that is really true...

I never have sugar in my tea, it makes it far too sweet for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I never have sugar in my tea, it makes it far too sweet for me.

I've been learning to appreciate my tea without sugar within the past few years. I kind of grew up on sweet tea, but I've discovered that really enjoy freshly brewed hot tea without anything in it. If it's iced, I prefer it sweetened. In the south-eastern US, if you go into a restaurant and order just "tea", they will almost always bring you sweetened tea. You have to specify if you want it unsweetened. Some of my customers will ask for half-and-half, where you mix half sweetened and half unsweetened teas together. I want to delve more into the world of tea and try different kinds beyond the usual black and green teas they sell in the grocery stores and supermarkets, good as they are. This may sound odd, but I think learning to appreciate beer and its varied styles and flavors has helped me develop an appreciation for other foods and beverages I previously felt were bland or lacking in flavor, coffee and tea without sugar being among them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, viruxx said:

I've been learning to appreciate my tea without sugar within the past few years. I kind of grew up on sweet tea, but I've discovered that really enjoy freshly brewed hot tea without anything in it. If it's iced, I prefer it sweetened. In the south-eastern US, if you go into a restaurant and order just "tea", they will almost always bring you sweetened tea. You have to specify if you want it unsweetened. Some of my customers will ask for half-and-half, where you mix half sweetened and half unsweetened teas together. I want to delve more into the world of tea and try different kinds beyond the usual black and green teas they sell in the grocery stores and supermarkets, good as they are. This may sound odd, but I think learning to appreciate beer and its varied styles and flavors has helped me develop an appreciation for other foods and beverages I previously felt were bland or lacking in flavor, coffee and tea without sugar being among them.

My late mother had a liking for different type of tea. On one occasion while on a training course the conference centre had lots of individual packets of various types of tea, so I liberated one of each and my mother had great fun trying them all out. For myself I prefer plain ordinary decaf tea.  🫖

• Like 1