5 Centimeters per Second (Byousoku 5 Centimeter)

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]0b11d4aed1e1b2eee02fa274bde2b256.thumb.jpg.c276946ab7a88afa23aaf705a160c708.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Tohno Takaki and Shinohara Akari, two very close friends and classmates, are torn apart when Akari's family is transferred to another region of Japan due to her family's job. Despite separation, they continue to keep in touch through mail. When Takaki finds out that his family is also moving, he decides to meet with Akari one last time.

As years pass by, they continue down their own paths, their distance slowly growing wider and their contact with one another fades. Yet, they keep remembering one another and the times they have shared together, wondering if they will have the chance to meet once again.

Overall, this was quite an enjoyable movie that kept my attention, and even felt like it lasted much longer than its length of only an hour. There are a few things I was disappointed in, but it had quite a few deep and relatable points, so I would highly recommend this to anyone interested.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This is actually one of my favorite movies despite it being so bittersweet. I remember when I first stumbled on it, it was because I watched an AMV. I remember thinking, "This looks really pretty." And I had no idea it was going to be such a bittersweet story. I cried when I watched it. I like the fact that it's split up into 3 acts and progresses as they grow older. It's a bit realistic to me. I enjoy that, even if it's sad.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic