Your HDDs

Optic

My current setup is a 120 GB SSD and two 1 TB HDDs.

Working on all the galleries lately I've noticed my HDD space is rapidly running out. I like to have the DVDs in lossless format which allows much faster frame seeking. ^_^Of course then that results in insanely large file sizes such as 278 GB for all the Digimon Frontier DVDs deinterlaced...

I would like to do the same for the Gundam SEED Blurays (which will hopefully ship next week. Just waiting on one box out of the four to be in stock from their end) so I'll most likely need a new HDD as shown below:

How is your storage going on your machines? Files are getting larger these days. :(

Edited by Guest

That's awfully strict, I wonder what the reasoning behind that is? We don't have such a rule seeing as we wipe them clean with a reimage when they get returned.

And secondly how would they enforce that anyway? :mellow:

They don't, it's an overly ridiculous rule.

The reasoning, probably something along the lines of "we don't want you breaking Macbooks with the potentially dangerous viruses you get from saving Word files to your documents".

I know, it'd be so much simpler just to wipe them with clean slates, I find constantly moving things to USB tedious and useless. Also, there's a high tendency to damage USB ports because we're 13-17 year old kids who are just prone to these things.

• 1 month later...

Does your school offer network storage?

We offer network storage for our students (home drive) that can be accessed whilst at school and they can access it remotely via a web interface which I think is quite handy!

• 2 months later...

If you ever need more storage for video editing, USB 3 is fast enough for a decent scratchspace. By that I mean if you have archived some source footage and just want to drag and drop from your external that will work well (assuming of course you're connected to a USB 3 port).

Going through all my Anime DVD and Blurays on HDDs is great for making screenshots but rapidly running out of storage again. :(

• 6 months later...

So much space... I have a 300gig external (faithfully with me for so long...) and an 1TB internal HDD. The former is half empty (I have quite narrowed down what I want to use it for), the latter is pretty much full, but I'm still comfy on it.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
currently on this unit internally I have a 1tb and a 2tb and looking at some ssd to install not sure wether ill go slot or cable ssd yet , also not sure what slots I have left atm

I lied had the unit open today to fund my second wasn't a 2tb but a 3tb

had it open as was going to add a Intel 540s Series 480GB 2.5" SSD and a GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming 8G but I'm going to have to upgrade the psu too it seems so a new eVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W PSU Platinum is being organised , ill find out more tomorrow