Divine Gate

Ryuji

[FLOAT_RIGHT]divinegate.jpg.daf37c995d8a690a55cf837b10b6f35c.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. To restore order, the World Council is formed. As peace is restored, the Divine Gate becomes an urban legend.

In that world, boys and girls deemed fit by the World Council are gathered. They are ones who aim to reach the gate for their personal objectives. Those who reach the gate can remake the world.

The first episode of this title was quite good. I look forward to watching more of it!

• Agree 2

Just watched the first episode and I have to say I enjoyed it.

I like the the story behind the divine gate and these elemental powers everyone has looks pretty cool. I also like the character Aoto. He looks like an interesting character after seeing some of his back story in the first episode.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Episode 2 was quite great! I'm looking forward to finding out more about that water user who, as we found out this episode, didn't really kill his parents. He might be my favorite character right now.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode!

Edited by Guest

The water user is definitely my favorite. I know a lot of people are saying he is too angsty/emo...I like Arkane a lot too (the fire guy). I hope their relationship gets more depth and Aoto/Aota gets a little less emotional and introspective.

• Like 1

Midori's backstory........

Also I wonder what Water User did do that made that RESTRICTED ACCESS come up.....since he didn't really kill his parents....

I look forward to Episode 3!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I was very disappointed with how this anime ended.

1. It started well with an amazing first episode.

2. It's 2nd and 3rd episode focused on the other 2 main characters

3. from Episode 4 till probably right before the final 3 episodes, it just seemed to be trying to do too much at one time.

4. By the time we get to the final 3, maybe 4 episodes it's just a mess. Plot doesn't make sense and whatever purpose they have for the gate, just feels tacked on.

5. the Finale finds them using a lot of exposition and little action and in the end it leaves me with this cold and disappointed feeling.

I had such hopes for it. Even when people criticized the writing early on, I was a fan but by the end of the series, I was just disgusted.

To be honest, I was very disappointed with how this anime ended.

1. It started well with an amazing first episode.

2. It's 2nd and 3rd episode focused on the other 2 main characters

3. from Episode 4 till probably right before the final 3 episodes, it just seemed to be trying to do too much at one time.

4. By the time we get to the final 3, maybe 4 episodes it's just a mess. Plot doesn't make sense and whatever purpose they have for the gate, just feels tacked on.

5. the Finale finds them using a lot of exposition and little action and in the end it leaves me with this cold and disappointed feeling.

I had such hopes for it. Even when people criticized the writing early on, I was a fan but by the end of the series, I was just disgusted.

Over critical much?

Anime is to be enjoyed, not overanalysed till all the fun is taken out

• Disagree 1

Over critical much?

Anime is to be enjoyed, not overanalysed till all the fun is taken out

You do realize people watch Anime for different reasons. Anime, like anything, is meant to be enjoyed and have fun with. However, if you dislike something, that is fine as well.

Pointing out the flaws, screw-ups and epic fails and poor writing is not overanalyzing. It's called a review. Which is why sites like Myanimelist have a specific section for you to review anime and comment on them. Which is what I was doing here. Commenting on this anime that I watched.

Thank you.

• Disagree 1

You do realize people watch Anime for different reasons. Anime, like anything, is meant to be enjoyed and have fun with. However, if you dislike something, that is fine as well.

Pointing out the flaws, screw-ups and epic fails and poor writing is not overanalyzing. It's called a review. Which is why sites like Myanimelist have a specific section for you to review anime and comment on them. Which is what I was doing here. Commenting on this anime that I watched.

Thank you.

I should note, I'm not trying to be offensive here, i just have strong opinions and don't like people dissing on anime i like xD

Well, your opinion, but i see to many people like you ever analysing perfectly good anime and ruining any chance for more seasons, myanimelist is a hole of haters and people with nothing better to do than complain, if you don't like a anime don't watch it, simple. But people are way to critical, terrible writing?, i thought it was good. But if it's terrible im not gonna go on a website and troll it to death so it can never live. thanks.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic