Your current car vs. your dream car?

NightDancer

What kind of car do you drive? What would you like to have instead and what is your dream car?

I'm driving a Volkswagen Polo! =) Loving it, especially the blue motion. Had my driving lessons in this car so I am very comfortable with it.

If I had more money I would probably get an Audi A1 or a Mini Country. Those look really amazing and I have a thing for Audi's because if I had all the money in the world I would buy an Audi R8 xD

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

What colour is your car NightDancer? :)

My very first car was a Kia Rio. In some ways I do miss it, I think there is always that sentimental value with your first car. ;)

What I don't miss about it is the colour. It was a light sky blue / polar white. I think this blended in with our clear skies at a distance which may have contributed to two people rear-ending me on separate occasions. And I was stationery.

I now drive a red Subaru Impreza. I have to say it was a tough choice between that and a Mitsubishi Lancer.

• 3 weeks later...

My old Kia Rio when a Nissan Prado rammed into me. And I was stationary. In total I was involved in two rear-ended incidents. I truly believe the colour was the cause in both cases: inattentive drivers combined with a colour that actually blends nicely with our clear Australian skies.

I would strongly advise against going for this car colour!

Thankfully my Subaru Impreza is nice and red. No accidents so far. ;)

Edited by Guest

A photo of my old Kia Rio when a Nissan Prado rammed into me. And I was stationary. In total I was involved in two rear-ended incidents. I truly believe the colour was the cause in both cases: inattentive drivers combined with a colour that actually blends nicely with our clear Australian skies.

Image043.jpg

Optic, I heard that that silver colour is actually the best one to pic. Small scratches are almost invisible and it doesnt get dirty as fast as the other colours =O

From a practical point of view that silver does make sense!

This is my current Subaru Impreza. It's a nice mid-red, between a dark-maroon-red and bright-cherry tomato red.

impreza.jpg

For my next car I would aim for either a dark blue (not navy blue though!) or gunmetal silver...

• 8 months later...

My car's name is Thomas. Not named after an online ex-boyfriend but instead Thomas the Tank Engine. This happened due to my little cousin at the time being obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine and naming all the cars after Thomas the Tank Engine characters and this named stuck.

Thomas is a 1991 Nissan Pulsar. I have owned him since August 2009. He is my first car. The funny story is that at first I thought this brand of car was ugly. My next door neighbour had the same car and I would always tell my family "I never want an old car like that I want a new car!" and soon my neighbour crashed her Nissan and had to get another one. My uncle sent me a picture one day saying, here is your new car. It was a Nissan Pulsar and I was dismayed! So old. My uncle at that time was still a driving instructor and one of his old clients had recently gotten a new car and she had just kept Thomas in the backyard to die. She was trying to sell him, an unroadworthy car for almost $2000. My uncle said, "How about $200? My niece is going for her license soon and would need a car." And amazingly she agreed to it.

My car needed a lot of work done. A new windscreen, new battery... I can't remember what else but soon he was ready for the roads. During my first year of uni where I drove over 60 kilometres from my home to uni each way, my old car had some troubles. Lights kept breaking down and no one could fix it. My uncle (the same one who was a driving instructor) also used to be a mechanic and he found the problem straight away! After a dodgy mechanic destroyed my petrol tank by gluing the O-Ring down with super glue I thought enough was enough I was never going to trust a mechanic ever again, they were so expensive. So I appointed my uncle as sore mechanic of Thomas and since then we have done very very well. After 200970 kilometres in 2011 the thing that measures the km's died. Nowadays I have no idea how many kms my car has done but we have driven far. We have driven to Geelong from Mornington... and at one stage I was driving at least 1000 km a week with the car. Now that I have moved out of home my trusty car gets a bit of a rest. He now enjoys the short five minute drive to Coles for work most days and sometimes drives 30 mins to other places but at the moment we aren't doing much traveling though I know my car can still do that much driving it is just nice to save on petrol for a while. For the first time in four years I don't have to re-fill my tank three times a week. Instead only once every two weeks.

At the moment I can't see myself getting a new car cause my car is so cheap to run currently and I adore the car. If my uncle ever decided not to fix my car anymore then I would decide to probably sell the car since it would be too expensive to fix it up due to dodgy mechanics haha. I know lots of people who I realised were fake friends hated my car. They couldn't understand why I would drive such an old car... and these same people didn't even own a car anyway so they didn't really understand the costs of owning a car anyway. Plus Thomas the car and I have gone through everything together and solved every problem - even people being able to break into my car twice this year. Well now with my trusty new locks this is impossible :P

Eventually I will probably own a Suzuki Swift which is my dream car <3 but I will never forget Thomas.

Sorry for the long post but I am very passionate about my car.... people should know this before posting a topic about cars HAHA.

• Like 3

After 200970 kilometres in 2011 the thing that measures the km's died. Nowadays I have no idea how many kms my car has done but we have driven far. We have driven to Geelong from Mornington... and at one stage I was driving at least 1000 km a week with the car.

Nice to hear you have a shorter commute these days. At my new place my commute is a little longer, 19.9 km one way (about 21 minutes give or take) my fuel tank lasts me just under 2 weeks depending on what weekend activities I do. :)

Plus Thomas the car and I have gone through everything together and solved every problem - even people being able to break into my car twice this year. Well now with my trusty new locks this is impossible :P

This is something I'm jealous about, you definitely have used your car thoroughly and pushed it to it's limits but persevered with repairs with your uncle! Though I love the reliability of my past Kia Rio and current Subaru Impreza I do feel I haven't pushed it much at all, I'm only on 22,000 km whereas your odometer has stopped working O.o I keep telling myself I need to do a long drive one day.

Maybe I'll drive to Melbourne someday. Road trip. xD

Eventually I will probably own a Suzuki Swift which is my dream car <3 but I will never forget Thomas.

Everyone is always nostalgic about their first car, myself included! :D

Though looking at my Kia Rio photo earlier in this topic ehh, that just brings back crash memories. :(

Anyway if you were to get a Suzuki Swift one day, what colour would you get? ;)

• 1 month later...
A photo of my old Kia Rio when a Nissan Prado rammed into me. And I was stationary. In total I was involved in two rear-ended incidents. I truly believe the colour was the cause in both cases: inattentive drivers combined with a colour that actually blends nicely with our clear Australian skies.

Image043.jpg

Oh wow, Optic I only just looked at the picture of your car now and I am shocked! Poor you :( it must have been heart breaking to lose your car due to an accident. Haha I am sure my car's colour is similar but luckily no one seems to think it is the sky since its on the ground haha. But at least you didn't cause the accident :) One of my friends ended up crashing two cars in a year, completely writing them both off. But ... the state of your old car reminds me of my best friend's car. She stopped at a giveway sign and the person behind her did not causing her boot to be completely destroyed, her insurance haven't gotten back to her yet about what they will do about her car.

About what colour Suzuki Swift I will get one day, I am unsure.... I think either red or yellow :)

On Boxing Day, my car had a nice 2 hour drive to Ballarat... all up 4 hours in one day to meet some of my boyfriend's relatives. We were meant to get a lift from my boyfriend's parents but I soon discovered it was because they thought my car was too old to travel such distances. I felt very insulted and drove there anyway! I proved them wrong and I feel proud despite when I got there his dad said, "I was just waiting for the car to plonk out on a hill." Very mean, I am slowly getting over this comment and at least he knows he made a mistake by saying that since I am very defensive over my car.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love cars and always have ever since I was a young boy. I love working on them and driving them. I use to build volkswagens, hondas, nissans and toyotas but lately I have been obsessed with subaru.

Right now I have a 04 subaru legacy gt and a 04 subaru sti project. I have really been into the all wheel drive these days. We get a lot of snow where I live and I don't have a truck these days.

If anyone would like to talk cars or have a car question just message me. I could talk about them forever. :P

• Like 2

Mitsubishi Lancer for the win! Bought it second hand though, and since its from a friend I got it cheap.

Its blue(I got not that much of choice tbh).

I'm not that fanatic of cars, as long as its still in good condition, I'm fine with it.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

2004 Chevrolet Impala (ex police car)! Originally white of course but was repainted a dark blue. I got it for my 16th birthday and am grateful I've been able to use it for work and necessities.

Also my dream car is a 2014 or newer Corvette Stingray.

• 3 weeks later...
...but lately I have been obsessed with subaru.

I'm quite fond of my Subaru Impreza. Subarus here are popular in Australia for their reliability and the AWD.

---

I noticed I didn't write about my dream car. Would probably be a Nissan GT-R supercar. But supercars are ridiculously expensive here in Australia. Looking at least $180,000 AUD...

nissan-gt-r-interior.jpg.5d5dc76f1dd09d0fc023fd433cf4a8f2.jpg

I know supercars like this are pretty much impractical for day to day tasks like shopping, passenger capacity, very little boot space but it looks like it would be very fun to drive. :angel:

GT-R_IvoryWhite.jpg.16940f114c19bcf0aac68f32f46f4a0f.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...

sorry I have what I want in the way of vehicles and im a ford person and love a bit of power and sometimes speed always had V8 motors (prefer with high cubic capacity) well until my last (newest)

both these are mine the newer an suv v6 diesel the older 4x4 v8 (and thinking of selling)

th_WP_20150719_12_45_31_Pro_zpslfuwi1rk.jpg.8df13a2f5180ccf127802f02cd7c8712.jpg

in the shed I have a custom restored 1977 ford fairlane ltd variant 800hp+ 400cube fuel injected supercharged v8 toy I did

th_blackzh01zr2.jpg.7ca61687b3a760999da4a7acf75ba777.jpg

oh and I do own some others due to well other reasons instead of wanting them , including a Hearst

I love cars and always have ever since I was a young boy. I love working on them and driving them. I use to build volkswagens, hondas, nissans and toyotas but lately I have been obsessed with subaru.

Right now I have a 04 subaru legacy gt and a 04 subaru sti project. I have really been into the all wheel drive these days. We get a lot of snow where I live and I don't have a truck these days.

If anyone would like to talk cars or have a car question just message me. I could talk about them forever. :P

I do love my motorized big toys

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
in the shed I have a custom restored 1977 ford fairlane ltd variant 800hp+ 400cube fuel injected supercharged v8 toy I did

I love Fairlanes. Growing up, my parents drove a '67 Fairlane for the vast majority of my youth... sadly it wasn't in the best condition due to the fact that we were basically dirt poor through that entire period, but it was still a pretty vehicle. It's still around, sitting in my father's back yard... it needs entirely new brakes and a complete overhaul of the interior, but other than that it's fully functional. My father is planning on going all in on restoring it after he retires... if that doesn't happen my wife may steal it from him to do so herself, since she's a bit of a car nut.

Meanwhile, in my auto class in high school, I just sort of walked around in circles saying "what is even camshaft" while weeping. Every day.

(that said, Top Gear and The Grand Tour are still two of my top tier shows)

As for the car currently owned... we've got a 2006 Mini Cooper S. It's a delightfully spry little bastard, and cute as hell to boot. We're planning on painting it pink, because we're idiots. We went with a stick shift because, again, we're idiots. It has a stick shift, which everyone in my family (my wife most of all) loves, while I'm just like... "why?"

As for my dream car... I have it, basically. Minis are my favorite type of vehicle by far. Nobody can tell me that they aren't adorable... and it's like riding in a bloody go-kart. What's not to love?

• Like 1

I've had a flurry of vehicles over time , with at least half being of age or older than when I got my licence , and a good amount of them I have either customised or modified

but I like the older stuff it seems to have more character

like if I ever get round to getting an official clock in the house (not one like what I have on the microwave or stove) it be a grandfather clock , and yes a proper one with all the noise and all