Favourite anime school uniforms?

Optic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just soooo love the ones from ao no kanata no four rhythm 3

The uniforms from Four Rhythm Across the Blue are quite nice yes! They're very down to earth (oh I can sense a pun coming here :P) I could actually imagine that being used as an actual school uniform for a real school:

59e216db72df6_FourRhythmAcrosstheBlue-uniforms.thumb.jpg.d35cdb92b0c9e7b56e5166b5b02f4400.jpg

But admittedly I like their competition Flying Circus suits more. They probably doesn't count as school uniforms though, right? >_<

59e216db6e85a_FourRhythmAcrosstheBlue-competitionsuits.thumb.jpg.97747e3c412d8517f8d3718b43782e6c.jpg

My favourites would have to be some of the more plain and simple ones, I'm just a sucker for them.

Yes indeed, plain uniforms can be elegant too. Also would be easier for other people to cosplay them too. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guilty Crown just took my preference as most favourite anime school uniform now. ^_^

Elite looking, but still looks elegant without looking overly pretentious:

[ATTACH=full]25797[/ATTACH]

I like the look of that one. Nice and formal looking, something I love to see in school uniforms.

From: The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (I'm to lazy to get the japanese translation)

sakurasou_no_pet_na_kanojo.jpg.a03468fa18cd459be208ffdc63ac5fae.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I didn't think I had an opinion on the matter, until I was watching (Kaitou) Saint Tail, and then went "this style":

Uniform with matching hat

latest?cb=20111104013650

Let's see, a better picture would be, this, even has the hat, which was what really sold it for me, that said, there is another magical girl that wears a school uniform with a hat, Kinomoto Sakura, that too is another cute uniform, and there's even a parody image blurring the line between Saint Tail and Card Captor Sakura on Zerochan!

Then there's the uniform, as seen modelled by Ryuubi and the other students of Seito Private School in Ikkitousen, what I think of as the "classic seifuku"!

[spoiler=Classic Seifuku]

latest?cb=20141020010649

I'm not singing its praise because of the paper clothes element of Ikkitousen, although now that I've said that, you might think that it is ;)!

Other examples include:

• Nodoka and the others in Saki;
  • Ryoko, Azumi and the others in Real Bout High School Girl;
  • Ringo and the others in Mawaru Penguindrum;
  • Yuuko and the others in A Channel!;
  • Miyuki and the others in Lucky Star;
  • Mayu and the others in Goshuusama Ninomiya-kun;
  • Kirie and the others in Girls Bravo;
  • Rika in UFO Maiden Valkyrie;
  • Fuyumi in Blood Lad;
  • Photokano;
  • Okusama ga Seitokaichou;
  • Aya and Satsuki in Ichigo 100% (whilst Tsubomi has jumper, and Yuu has a blazer);
  • Kampfer;
  • Sumomo mo Momo mo;
  • Marika in Nisekoi (whilst the others sport a variation);
  • Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu;
  • Nyan Koi!;
  • Guardian Hearts;
  • Shirayuki, Rika and the others in Hidan no Aria;
  • Mizuki in Guyver: The Bio-boosted Armour;
  • Komori and the others in Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Classic

Sometimes the classic receives alterations, however usually retains most of its key design!

[spoiler=Variations (Classic)]

138744.jpg.abfa308a66ef459941cb676cb09b42df.jpg

55661.jpg.6999ae9a814ebcff63b492f1fa7761b7.jpg

Previously mentioned Four Rhyhm Across the Blue features a variation; Akane and the others in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien also wear a variation, featuring a bow instead of the usual item, same goes for The World God Only Knows, well in regards to Kanon and the others, Tenri wears the "classic", and Kazumi and the others in Shakugan no Shana also have a bow on their uniform; Himawari and the others in Yuru Yuri do not have any accessory on their uniform, and the same goes for Yosuga no Sora!

First I'll list ones with a bow instead of the usual piece, so in:

• Dakara Boku wa H, ga Dekinai, Iria, Mina and the others have a bow on their uniform;
  • Junko and the others in Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou;
  • Chiho and the others in Hataraku Maou;
  • Tomo and the others in Seikon no Qwaser;
  • Haruka, Shiina and the others in Nogazaki Haruka no Himitsu;
  • Mai in Ghost Hunt;
  • High School of the Dead;
  • Tamaki and the others in To Heart 2;
  • Tonomori and the others in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?;
  • Haruka and the others in Chu Bra!

Second I'll list ones with a ribbon instead of the usual piece:

• Haruhi and the others in Happiness!;
  • Mikuru, Ryoko and the others in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya;
  • Tayutama, although Akemi appears to have a tie;
  • Gift -Eternal Rainbow-;
  • Jinsei Soudan TV Animation - Jinsei;
  • Miyuki, Rin and the others in Mahoromatic;
  • Hitohira;
  • Nanase in Bungaku Shoujo!

Third I'll list ones with a tie instead of the usual piece:

• Izumi and the others in Kemeko DX;
  • Tari Tari although Konatsu, Sawa and Wakana appear to be wearing slightly different uniforms;
  • Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no naka de;
  • C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious;
  • Haruna and the others in Maken-ki!

Fourth I'll list the "dress" versions and/or those featuring a "overcoat" or "waistcoat":

• Hinagiku and the others in Hayate no Gotoku;
  • Suzuka and the others in Lamune;
  • Airi and the others in Ro-Kyu-Bu!;
  • Yayoi in Danchigai;
  • Suoh and the others in School Rumble;
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei;
  • Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka!

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Variation'>http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Variation

Now that I think about the various uniforms, I'm also a bit of a fan of the long skirt, which is also associated with "Yankee style"!

[spoiler=Yankee style]

175059.jpg.580a22998261974108d2fee1466d9906.jpg

The long skirt features in Natsuki Crisis and Shimoneta to iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai! It features in other anime too, but these two are the only ones I can think of at the moment!

Actually thinking about it, the uniform in Natsuki Crisis might actually be a long pinafore, oh well!

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Variation - as it was (currently) only two, I didn't make a new folder!

Have to agree a number of the previously mentioned styles are good too:

[spoiler=Blazers]

As worn by Megumi and the others in GJ-Bu!, as above in SNAFU, by Himeji and the others in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, and the below from Noucome, I especially like the ascot/neck tie!

142341.jpg.4f611bf8e504f11bb2d50c5f4efbdcf1.jpg

Other anime also to have blazers include:

• Charlotte and the others in Princess Lover;
  • Shinka and the others in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai;
  • Nourin;
  • Sohara and the others in Sora no Otoshimono;
  • Tsumugi and the others in K-On!;
  • Hyakko;
  • Kotonoha and the others in School Days;
  • Chizuru and the others in Kanokon;
  • Io and the others Devil Survivor 2;
  • Haruna and the others in To-Love-Ru;
  • Asami and the others in Okusama wa Joshikousei;
  • Najimi, Yurika and the others in Akikan!;
  • Sena and the others in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai;
  • Miu and the others in Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica;
  • Yuuno in MM!;
  • Kanako and the others in Maria+Holic!

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Blazer

[spoiler=Knitted]

So either jumpers as worn by Misaki and the rest in Pet Girl of Sakurasou and Rihoko and the others Amagami SS, or cardigans as Ryuushi and the rest of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko where it seems to have been combined the classic seifuku!

66894.jpg.94b7cc9d4ddec51b5f9e24b6bd30f19e.jpg

Others include:

• Asami and the others in Sukitte ii na yo;
  • Mayu, Miharu and the others in B Gata H Kei;
  • Onii-chan Koto Zenzen Suki Ja Nai;
  • Akina in UFO Maiden Valkyrie;
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru;
  • Airmaster, excluding Mina who wears a variation on the "classic"!

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Assorted'>http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Assorted

Then there's also what to me, seem like "pinafore", and the option of just wearing a shirt, no jumper, cardigan or blazer over it!

[spoiler=Pinafore or not]

92896.jpg.8c0a47fa32adca753a1e03dc37c87b81.jpg

Pinafore is what sprung to mind when I thought about the uniform worn by Takao and the others in D-Frag!, well, (of the main cast) only Funabori, Roka and Takao wear pinafores, Chisato and Sakura are shirt only kinda gals! Hidamari Sketch also features pinafores!

52861.jpg.f33d81682e26c74156785f21eb35f39b.jpg

Other shirt only gals, other than those in D-Frag! include Yuu in Watamote, and Naeka and the others in Kamen no Maid Guy! I don't know "shirt only" just looks a bit plain!

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/t3021/library/Uniforms/Assorted

Decision Time

It would seem that I've not made a decision, looking back on this post going "like, like, like, etc.", however I will list things in a condensed format, although I quite like all the different variations, this is my decision:

• Cute - Uniform with matching hat;
  • Favourite - Classic Seifuku!

That's all! Right, so I've just been talking about the girls uniforms for this post, time to switch it up!

Guys Uniform

There's only one style for me, that's the "clergy" type black uniform, as seen in Full Metal Panic!, xxxHOLiC and in Guyver the Bio-boosted Armour, I especially like it when they've got the year number on, as seen below:

169403.jpg.663902c3723a38c9f7c9e40aed816c71.jpg

I actually wore a uniform similar to that of Pet Girl of Sakurasou in both Primary and Secondary School (Royal Blue Jumper in Primary, and Navy Blue Jumper in Secondary), so perhaps that's why it doesn't interest me! Blazers aren't bad, but no, I think it has to be the one above!

You know, I'm starting to feel like Captain Oates (Antarctic Explorer) when I write posts some times "I am just going outside and may be some time."

I might add more, but at a later date, currently aniDB has deemed me a leech or bot, and I'm currently banned :(! Need to recover my password at some point too, it's annoying this limited access!

3737.jpg.391a7a291be775be811955f19c744e81.jpg

76005.jpg.bb5920f0a7166042704e3968037ab145.jpg

71278.jpg.0a9917f283e274f62510fa9ae4a43eb8.jpg

i101773.jpg.4ccf1135982e3bbe5e586fb714e27f71.jpg

142340.jpg.89506de9a0ef270e92e77223d9a954f2.jpg

46808.jpg.c5bc8f9362f86730a5be6c11012fce4b.jpg

152409.jpg.c901fc9590e5c45bdf241e72d01b52ac.jpg

136979.jpg.3c511ee5cf3dcfb074b4b301ecd3a207.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...

I love the uniforms from Corpse party (I personally love the little gem touch they put in place of a full bow and I have to say I like the almost cream color to it.

kp5xfg6.png.7fd312c823d03e44a6e83f1d3383250c.png

And Air Tv For this one I love the tie and puffed sleeves, not to mention how the uniform is also a bit puffy. I think it's adorable.

OH9VTis.jpg.2a6fdc7d6f489b66358bc16c37570134.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Like @Rin, I really thought the uniforms in Vampire Knight were cool. I also think the school uniforms the characters in Sailor Moon wear are cool too.

Here's a picture of them:

sailormoon_school.jpg

I know they may be a bit plain, but that's kind of why I like them. There's nothing fancy about them, but they're still cool. ^^

• 2 months later...
I really like the Vampire Knight uniforms, especially the female ones. Even if the skirt is cutting a bit on the short side they wear tights underneath. Because there is a Day Class and a Night Class, there are two different ones, but the only real difference is color.

Day Class is Black:

[ATTACH=full]28892[/ATTACH]

Night Class is White:

[ATTACH=full]28893[/ATTACH]

OOMMMMMGGGG Yes. I love the VL uniforms. n.n Especially the night class ones. Haven't really seen any others that tickle my fnace, although that may be because those were the first ones I've seen lol.

I can't pick. xD

Although, off the top of my head out of the shows I've only recently watched, Hibike Euphonium's stands out.

Their winter uniforms look nice.

CSo9jYfUsAABYL1.png.a2062246954d38da5b36a82a3953119a.png

And their summer ones have charm. xD

sG3j5.png.df9464d40d116b5f1b78a62885b94584.png

The school uniforms from Moriah Saga.

Not only are they super cute, but they look like they would be comfortable to wear :3

The skirt seems a little to short though....

e1ce817ddbfa2b7e9ed2b1ad11cb88dd.jpg.b636beaf0233928b509c6ad6d3ae71c2.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the school uniforms from Madoka Magica, yet -

59e217780abb1_Mahou.Shoujo.MadokaMagica_full.1617730.thumb.jpg.90ffe1f80d02f11e7f0bac08dda96bb1.jpg

I think that this is my favorite anime school uniform design, because of the big red bows, red trim, and pleasantly understated appearance (allowing more of a focus on the characters and the visual traits that separate them).

• Like 2

Irregular High School Uniforms are one of my favorites! I love how for the girls how each year the see through drapery if I am explaining that right lol I like how it shows what year they are and the color code for them I think it goes by seasons? But I only saw like 1 or 2 episodes of the series but it is pretty unique :)

f2ccbd8ea20320fda0f49b23bb43d2d21396649462_full.thumb.jpg.37ee82a810ebbf50cdfacbd8f8ceb1dd.jpg

Unfortunately, however, I notice a distinct lack of bewbs in all but the far right characters

True, I guess. But I still feel it's a far more memorable uniform compared to KlK because of the anime, and of course, especially because of Haruhi herself.

Not that I like either of which anyway.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• Geano locked this topic