Recent Anime DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

drill

I've been getting more into buying the blu-rays of shows that I actually like when I rewatch them now. Here are some of my recent purchases that I've been slowly rewatching.

DSCN0014.thumb.JPG.37ac313000edacde2f379ee46842c8e6.JPG

Angel Beats is the DVD release as I got it like a week before deciding on buying a blu-ray player. And yes, I have yet to open K-On, as there is just way too much stuff I'm watching right now. :?

Anyway, feel free to post your recent anime DVD/Blu-ray purchases here, and provide a picture of them if you want.

I never really understood buying blueray copies.

Realistically, there more of an novelty item then anything. You can easily get the blue-ray quality through torrents and streaming.

and yeah, I understand that you don't buy bluerays for it's practicality, but for supporting an the industry, which is fine.

But they look like there produced from a here in america. You do know that buying direct Japanese blue-rays support the industry a lot more then buying an american one.

That's why if my life depended on spending 200 dollars on anime merch, I would just buy a figuring produced in Japan. At least they look pretty on a shelf for 2 seconds that I glance at it every month or so.

Edited by Guest

I never really understood buying blueray copies.

Realistically, there more of an novelty item then anything. You can easily get the blue-ray quality through torrents and streaming.

and yeah, I understand that you don't buy bluerays for it's practicality, but for supporting an the industry, which is fine.

But they look like there produced from a here in america. You do know that buying direct Japanese blue-rays support the industry a lot more then buying an american one.

That's why if my life depended on spending 200 dollars on anime merch, I would just buy a figuring produced in Japan. At least they look pretty on a shelf for 2 seconds that I glance at it every month or so.

Yeah, you're right, it is pretty much a novelty item, as I don't really have anything else I even want to collect, so I figured I would collect some of my favorite shows in physical form when I decide to rewatch them. Also, region locking is a real pain, so I'll always be going for the region 1/A release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic