Best retail shop to buy anime in your area?

Optic

Are you happy with the anime selection at your local retail shop?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the anime selection at your local retail shop?

• Yes! It's my first preference!
    • Yes, though I normally watch anime by other means. It is however, a place I would recommend.
    • Hit and miss. The range and price varies.
    • No, they almost never stock what I want.
    • No, they're WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.
    • I wish! There are no nearby places that sell anime.

• 4 months later...

There's a book store where I live that has a small selection of anime and manga but nothing to rely on for your anime needs. Than there is Wal-Mart which has a few seasons of random anime that I pretty much already have. So my best bet is either Ebay, Amazon, or that leaves me to drive 2 hours out of town to a store that has volumes of anime to choose from.

Okay, so it's not exactly in the area, but it's still such an awesome store.

There's a basement store in Toronto called Anime Xtreme and omg they have so much stuff. I've only been once and I got pretty overwhelmed the first time I was there haha. It's also in the Chinatown part of Toronto, so there's a few other cool shops in the area as well. I miiiiight be going there on Sunday. We haven't really decided what to do on our rare day off together, I just love that store even though it's kinda out of the way haha.

• 3 weeks later...

i wish! ive looked around and couldnt find one not even at the mall, so i have to do all my store buying anime goods online, sad isnt it?

• 1 month later...

It really depends. There's not a lot of shops around me as is, because where I live is pretty rural, but even the ones that do have anime are very limited. There was a time when they were great, but they don't update that often so I've managed to get pretty much everything that they sell, which isn't a lot. Most of my anime is bought online. During holidays, there's a lot more selection and certainly at a better price, but by and large, it's expensive or I already own it, or it's cheaper online etc. When they do have good stuff though, they have some of the best.

• 1 month later...

I live not to far from San Francisco, where there is a Japan town with many stores selling anime merchandise and other merchandise from Japan.

There is a lot of Anime/Manga available where I am (mostly because of the comic shops everywhere that have this sort of stuff).

I guess I'm pretty lucky when it comes to that, but the stuff is always pretty expensive.

• Geano locked this topic