TBA anime sequels you're DYING to see

Optic

So, you get hooked from the first season of an anime title. Or maybe it's a series of movies.

You really, really, REALLY LOVED IT! And you eagerly wait for the sequel or follow-up.

You're thinking, this series is really popular, they must release it soon. Surely?

And you wait. Months turn into years. Your hype dies down. Then it returns whenever you see a character from that title elsewhere. The cycle repeats, but that pesky release date is still stuck on TBA. You're almost certain it will come out one day but the producers are tight-lipped.

Which anime titles are you DYING to see which you've been waiting awhile for?

My top 4:

1. Girls und Panzer Movie

Japanese BD release date: May 27, 2016!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqk8Eg1A0RI

girls-und-panzer-movie-poster.jpg.44e065c5408c3a6ca8dc719f94d652fc.jpg

Well, technically this did get released in Japanese theatres towards the end of last year but there is STILL no release date for the Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD! No Japanese home video release obviously means no localisation, you can't even watch it without subs.

2. Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 / 4.0 (Final)

rebuild-of-evangelion.thumb.jpg.092c8e9dca6dc4263f00ad77bc57c715.jpg

I consider the Neon Genesis Evangelion franchise to be a masterpiece. Anything from this franchise ALWAYS turns heads, regardless of how controversial you may find the Rebuild movies.

We're just waiting for the last movie to be released...

Previous movie release dates:

• Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone: September 1, 2007
  • Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance: June 27, 2009
  • Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo: November 17, 2012

It's been almost 9 years since the first movie came out. The wait for the finale is killing me. :yum:

3. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha THE MOVIE 3rd Reflection

magical-girl-lyrical-nanoha-2nd-movie.thumb.jpg.b65ee2a2c5b68583dd52c63975a33158.jpg

One of my most favourite magical girl series! I was absolutely touched by the second movie.

The third movie is supposed to be an original story, but we still do not have a release date...

Previous movie release dates:

• Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st: January 23, 2010
  • Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's: July 14, 2012

4. Attack on Titan: Season 2

attack-on-titan-wide.thumb.jpg.8291728c565d96604073501424b986fe.jpg

I don't think anything else needs to be said here, other than it's coming sometime in 2016. Apparantly.

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:rom:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]Been left hanging since season 1 ended back in 2013.

How about you? Any titles you're waiting for that don't have a clear release date?

Edited by Guest

Galactik football season 4.... *cries in a corner* unfortunately my hope will never come true..... I hate you Disney.....

S

1. Girls und Panzer Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqk8Eg1A0RI

[ATTACH]25860[/ATTACH]

Well, technically this did get released in Japanese theatres towards the end of last year but there is STILL no release date for the Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD! No Japanese home video release obviously means no localisation, you can't even watch it without subs.

Girls und Panzer Movie is my number 1 as well. Waiting for it is about to kill me... :'(

My number two is Arslan Senki 2 which is supposed to air sometime this year.

My number three is Season 3 of Yowamushi Pedal.

Those are really the only three I'm waiting on that have actually been announced but nothing has been said aside from a 2016 release.

I'd love to see the Sonic anime OVA get a series...but Sega's incompetence, combined with a lawsuit a few years back (on Archie, but it's related to Sonic) probably ensured it won't happen anytime soon.

I'll be shocked if there's even a four issue comic book miniseries set in the universe; it's that unlikely.

Beyond that? Well, the Disgaea anime never adapted anything past the first game. I say we're long overdue for a second season.

• Informative 1

I'm really dying for a second season of the following animes -

* Fantasista Doll

* Gingitsune: Messenger Fox Of The Gods

* Brynhildr In The Darkness

* Flowers Of Evil

* Kamigami no Asobi

* Say "I Love You"

* HaNaYaMaTa

* Tamako Market

* Wizard Barristers

* Wolf Girl & Black Prince

* Coppelion

* Black Bullet

* Blade & Soul

* Beyond The Boundary

* One Week Friends

* Blue Spring Ride

* Natsuyuki Rendezvous

* Plastic Memories

* Wish Upon The Plieades

* Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon

• Winner 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some good responses from everyone. :)

Another few animes which I can think of which I would love to have second seasons of along with the ones I have already mentioned are as follows :) -

Big lists you've posted! Comet Lucifer would be nice, odd pacing but gorgeous visuals. Though after that season 1 ending with Felia and Sogo, I'm not sure how they could really continue the story unless another new "threat" appeared.

Elfen Lied I'll reserve judgement on as I've actually started only started watching it a few days ago, and wow, it is brutal. :o

MAY 26, 2016 JAPANESE RELEASE DATE FOR GIRLS UND PANZER DER FILM BLURAY!!!!!!!

[MEDIA=gfycat]height=360;id=SnappyAllCoypu;width=640[/MEDIA]

After all that waiting - tears of joy, relief and excitement.

You've made my day. *updates list*

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Accel World. That anime has my blood boiling, why hasn't Princess Snow Black and that fat guy who's name I cannot pronounce hooked up yet. It is so obvious they like each other and that fat kid ain't gonna get anyone better than her. The guy is living da dream

Decided to look at some anime. Of the older ones, seeing as how some of the ones I think of either completed their stories or have zero continuity, I kinda don't want a sequel to those.

That said, I'd like to see Azumanga Daioh's extra chapters (for the Japan only rerelease) be adapted into OVAs. If nothing else, the anime adaptation would be complete once again.

Beyond that? I'm stumped.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got:

(Eva) 3.33
, so I can finally "continue", although I also think it's a "it's finally released here in the UK!", because I'm sure the release date was later here, than EVERYWHERE else; 2.22 was a good movie, so I am looking forward to watching 3.33, even though I'm not a huge fan of Evangelion, I personally prefer RahXephon, which has a similar story to it!

That said, I'm not sure I can call myself "not a huge fan" when I mean to get the various spin-off manga like Angelic Days, Campus Apocalypse, Detective Shinji, Petit Eva, and possibly Shinji Ikari Raising Project! I'll get the joke manga if there's more to it than one volume; there's quite a bit of Ibuki Maya and Horaki Hikari in it - my favourite characters!

I'm also looking forward to:

(Nanoha) Movie 3rd Reflection
, although I wasn't a fan of the second movie, I prefer the second series, although I plan to re-watch both (along with the first series, movie, StrikerS, and possibly Vivid) soon, might even re-read Force!

I would like them to make a Force anime, maybe the fourth movie, because there's no "th" sound in Japanese, so "th" is replaced with "se" (mouth and mouse), meaning Fourth would sound like Force
;)
!

I remember at one point, I would have liked a third series to:

Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
, actually thinking about it, I still do, I would have liked it if they animated the Infinity arc; that's the one straight after Tokyo (Revelations) arc!

[spoiler=To Infinity and beyond]
It's revealed in Tokyo Revelations that Syaoran travelling with Sakura and company since the beginning, is actually a clone, and that the real Syaoran is the one that was held captive by Fei Wang Reed, rather than what was assumed, the other way around! In the instances where "dark" Syaoran manifested, it was the clone's true nature taking hold, and not "Syaoran" (clone) being controlled by Syaoran (real) in Fei Wang Reed's lair!

The clone departs (after inflicting some damage on the party), without the party, however Sakura and company, now with the real Syaoran in toe follow the clone, and Syaoran has to suffer the pain of the attrocities the clone has caused with his face! They arrive at Infinity, where they take part in "Wizard's Chess" crossed with Angelic Layer, where it's only fitting that their final opponent is Hikaru (Misaki's angel)!

That said, the key thing about this arc is that Sakura is suffering due to the fact that she wants "Syaoran" (clone) back, and that it pains her to look at Syaoran (real), because he reminds her of "Syaoran", but he's not!

If we jump forward a bit, there's another arc I like, where, and don't blame me, as it's in a spoiler tag, "Syaoran" (clone) and Sakura (clone - it's revealed that in the sequence where Sakura is entraced by the ruins, Fei Wang Reed clones her) are transported back in time, to HOLiC-Earth (I think), and Sakura (clone) is friends with Umi, Fuu and Hikaru (from Magic Knight Rayearth)!

I don't believe any of the girls are "magical girls" in this timeline -although I feel I remember Sakura holding the Star Staff, but I think that was given to her by Kinomoto Sakura, her Card Captor Sakura universe counterpart-, I liked the idea that Sakura had a secret she perhaps didn't tell Umi, Fuu and Hikaru (that she was Card Captor Sakura), and Umi, Fuu and Hikaru had a secret that they perhaps didn't tell Sakura (that they were Magic Knights)!

Another twist CLAMP revealed was that Fei Wang Reed
WASN'T
trying to stop Sakura from collecting her feathers, as his goal required Sakura collecting her features, because she would have to travel to other worlds, and that knowledge would be "stored" in her body!

Unfortunately Bee Train didn't realise this twist, and had Fei Wang Reed send his minions in a couple of episodes to
stop
Sakura from obtaining her feathers! This might have been a reason as to why Tsubasa wasn't renewed for a third series, although it's possible they also ran out of manga to adapt!

I also felt Bee Train tried to get the money they spent back, with the "overuse" of characters they possibly had to purchase from other animation studios, given how many more times Touya, Yukito, Sorata, Arashi, Chi, Chitose, Chu'yan, Debonair, Oruha, Shougo, Primera and Yuzuriha feature, although some of these appearences are in anime only arcs!

That said, Bee Train did introduce some interesting ideas:

• Same soul, different faces - Episode 16 with Charme and Keefer, this concept would be something that is hinted at later, in canon, so it's possible that this episode was one scripted by CLAMP, as they oversaw the first series more than the second;

• Feathers manifesting a soul - not sure if that's the right way to describe it, but Episodes 48 to 52 featuring Chaos, it was an interesting idea, unfortunately it featured a "stop Sakura from obtaining her feathers" plot!

Not got round to reading World Chronicle yet, I read the first chapter when it was out, but then the releases went silent, and didn't find the time to get back to it, when the rest of the chapters came through!

I'm sure there's a couple of historic sequels I would have liked, but can't think of any others at the moment, although if we're talking about more recent series, I've been watching:

D-Frag!
, it needs another series, I mean there are something like three tournaments/events in it, which take three each episodes to complete (this totals three-quarters of the series), and then there's THAT final episode!

[spoiler=THAT final episode, and OAD]
They introduce two new characters (teachers), Nishinaga Fukuko and Torada Boruta, they have a Reservoir Dogs ending (unless the episode cut out early, and I'm going to have to re-watch it), and Takao, Sakura, Roka, Chitose, Kenji and Tama-chan-sempai are suspended, well most probably everyone that took part in the event are suspended, but we were only shown the above being informed that they were suspended!

The OVA (correction, they're OADs now) was quite sweet, Noe and Sakura with a bit of Imouto (and fake-Imouto) bonding, and Takao takes a backseat to her mother!? Takao's mother takes "centre" stage, in a Water Competition, which also reveals (to the audience) that she was the Super Sentai Announcer in a previous episode; IT'S TRUE, how did I not notice!?

Guess I'll just have to read the manga, if the anime series isn't going to continue! I have been watching two other series that also had tournaments/events over multiple episodes, however Sket Dance has MANY more episodes, whilst Ro-Kyu-Bu! has a second series!

I've gotta say, Takao's mother is pretty shameless; "superior genes", huh, and no remorse for belittling your pettanko daughters!! What kind of mother are you? Is Takao the only one worthy of your praise, on account of the "superior genes"?

GJ-Bu
, also needs another series, although given the change that occurs at the end of the series, it is a question of where would it go from there?

[spoiler=The final episode, and OAD]
Mao, Shion and Kirara graduate from school, leaving the club to Kyolo - I actually thought they were going to leave it to Megumi, and say "we leave the club and Kyolo to you, abuse him well!", but apparently not! However with this change, it means that the story will be somewhat different if the anime was to continue!

The OAD avoids this problem, by starting off with Mao, Shion and Kirara reclaiming ownership of the the club, because the GJ-bu never had a club excursion, so time has been metaphorically turned "back"!

The second half of the OVA (apologies OAD) annoyed me, seemed like a big waste of time, in my opinion, bit of a downer compared to the first half; GJ-Bu in AMERICA, it was amusing, reminded me of the OVA (and this time it is correct to use OVA) for You're Under Arrest Series 2!

I'm reminded that other series have the same problem, such as Ouran High School Host Club, and K-On!, I'm not sure how Ouran tackles this "problem", although have a rough idea for K-On!, given they have multiple manga, after a bit; College and High School, or is that one just K-On!?

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for an Oregairu movie. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon since the author is being a lazy bum and doesn't realize that he could capitalize and make a ton of money by hurrying up and finish the last volume :angry::veryangry:. Kind of hoping either studio feel picks it up again, or KyoAni. Though the latter might be reaching a bit too far.

[spoiler=Please?]latest?cb=20150607070737

I mean how could you deny that face. Please, if there ever is gonna be a movie, please put this angel in it. Please...

Edited by Guest

I am kind of in need of a third season of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? I mean, it left season 2 on a massive cliffhanger, and then... nothing. It can't just stop like that, I won't let it. If needs be I'll write terrible fanfiction about it and do my best to find people willing to voice and animate it. I WILL NOT BE SILENCED

Also Mahou Sensou. It got a really bum rap for being basically everything wrong with anime in the history of ever, but I really enjoyed it. And again, ended on a cliffhanger.

Technically not sequels, but looking forward to:

184647.jpg.3f43a8e061cdac5cf3a496754484d386.jpg

So that's Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel (left) and Fate/Extra: Last Encore (right)!

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel

Sure, the first image is of another Fate/Stay Night, but this time it follows the Sakura route!! Probably helps that I've not seen Unlimited Bladeworks (the Rin route) yet (so I've not been overkilled by Fate/Stay Night), well the series, I did see the movie version that preceeded it! Whilst on the Saber route side of things, I've seen the original television series, released around ten years ago, but not the Reproduction OVAs released to coincide with the UBW movie!

I didn't think they were going to adapt Sakura's route, because I thought they'd deem it too hentai to edit without ruining it! It's quite sad to hear about all the things that happen to Sakura in Fate/Stay Night, that you only learn about on the Heaven's Feel route!

Fate/Extra: Last Encore

As for the second image, it's an adaptation of the Fate/Extra game, which saw a release to the west, and set in an alternate universe to Fate/Stay Night, where a hero (or heroine) will select from one of three starter Pokémon Servants (Saber - see above; Archer - looks like the same one from Fate/Stay Night; Caster - original character), and participate in the Holy Grail War!

Last Encore implies that it will focus only really on the events at the end of the game, it might speed through the events leading up to the end, but who knows! It's a shame they didn't adapt Fate/Extra CCC, because that wasn't released to the west, and then we'd know what actually is going on in that game, although if they did adapt Fate/Extra CCC, would it be based on the game, or the manga; if it adapted the manga, that would mean the inclusion of Kingprotea and other manga exclusive Alter Egos, and reduced importance of Passionlip and Meltlilith!

Whilst I'd welcome the inclusion of Kingprotea and the other manga exclusive Alter Egos (they were planned to be included in the game, but they ran out of time), I'd be unhappy with the reduced importance of Passionlip and Meltlilith!

Just found out that a third game is on the way, for PS4 and Vita, so I'm going to have to get a PS4 or Vita at somepoint! It seems that XSEED has already registered a domain name for the new game, even though they didn't release the second game!

EDIT: Waa! Mamiko Noto is the seiyuu for a new Servant in Exella (they appear to have done away with Archer)! Mamiko Noto...!

Do I cheat on Caster with Mamiko Noto?

186835.jpg.770945f2a73c335b767fea511f62bcf9.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for double post!

As I was talking about TYPE-MOON earlier, why didn't I think of this:

60664.jpg.3a04a362e4a8de3f3f5073def5a8def8.jpg

Carnival Phantasm

A parody series featuring the cast of Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, where the Holy Grail War may be a game show, or it may be a wacky race, where bizarrer vehicles include a push bike and a Lion coin machine ride -Go! Lion Unit!-, and Lancer will die in EVERY episode!

Each episode is 15 minutes, but broken up with a variety of sketches: TYPE-MOON Television Serial Sakura, featuring Sakura (obviously) in her daily life at home; Grail-kun, a personification of the Holy Grail, who offers the masters in the Holy Grail War with solutions -usually a knife- to their problems; Phantasmoon, Arcueid as the magical girl, battling against mushroom themed villains, and Akiha; Afterschool Back Alley Alliance, Satsuki, Sion and Riesbyfe as a comedy troupe; Taiga Dojo, Taiga and Ilyia usually closing the show!

There's even extra episodes: "Ilyia's Castle" which, is kinda like a gameplay commentary; "Fate/Prototype" which, shows you what Fate/Stay Night originally looked like at one point; Season Special, focusing closer on the cafe, and its staff such as Hibiki and Chikagi (introduced in the last episode of the series); EX Special which, features Bazett and Caren, in a larger role than Race Queens (along with Sakura) in the Grand Prix episode!

Just looking through the cast, oh yeah, forgot about that, Caster during the tennis element of the game show, where she wasn't in her shroud, and no-one knew who it was initially! I was just trying to figure out where Hanei and Yukika featured, but then I remembered that they featured in eyecatches, although they also had a brief appearance in the background too!

That said, Hanei had a larger role, along with the others from Kagetsu Tohya in the manga, however for some reason they changed the Beach Volleyball tournament for the anime, Hisui is pretty amusing in that sketch!

Anyway, I thought it was a good series, it's a shame that more wasn't made, I even thought of possible ways to continue it, given the appearance of Red Saber, and an old style footage of Taiga that appeared to be set in the school featured in Fate/Extra CCC (due to the building and the uniform); my ideas would continue with this inclusion of Fate/Extra into the series!

[spoiler=Carnival Phantasm S2 - Mama no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!]

So borrowing the premise of Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!, BB is left in charge of five "children" after an older unknown relative goes missing:

• Passionlip - a clumsy girl, who loves to cook, but her long sleeves get in the way (reference to her claws in the game);
  • Meltlilith - a haughty girl, who wears highheels (reference to her "feet" in the game, haven't got up to her point in the game yet);
  • Kingprotea - a very tall girl, who loves gardening (reference to her height and the fact she's covered in moss);
  • Kazudrop - a small girl, acts very traditional, a yamato nadeshiko (reference to her clothing choice);
  • Violet - a haughty woman, has a rivalry with Taiga (when fighting against Taiga, uses a yo-yo, loosely referencing the manga)!

The older relative did not leave the "children" to Sakura as she's too busy with the Health Committee -although if asked, she would try to manage both-, whereas BB is a member of the "Go Home Club", so has lots of free time!

The roles of Rin, Rani and Leo should be pretty obvious, although possibly make them members of the Student Council, referencing the game! As for Jinako, she will be the president of a bizarre (or otaku club), who regularly causes problems for fellow member, Karna! Whilst Kirara will be a teacher, and the focus of attention for many of the male students, she also has a rude younger brother, Hans [Anderson]!

The servants will also be students:

• Caster (Fate/Extra) - member of the tea ceremony club, has a rivalry with Saber (manga);
  • Red Saber - member of the fencing club;
  • Archer - member of the archery club;
  • Saber (manga) - member of the kendo club, has rivalry with Caster (Fate/Extra)!

Wonder if I should include the new Saber that is featuring in the new game on the way!

The male and female protagonists will be twins, and a popular amongst their peers which, include the servants! When the "children" transfer into the school, and some/all show interest in the male protagonist, Caster (Fate/Extra) declares that perhaps she will love the female protagonist instead (a reference to her indifference to whether protagonist is male or female, although appears, according to TYPE MOON wikia, Saber and Passionlip take the same stance)!

Apparently Chibichuki!'s full title is TYPE MOON Academy Chibichuki!, so I might have to check that manga series out, to see if any of what I've mentioned above, happens in that series!

Looking at the "Similar Threads" suggestions below, it appears that I might be putting these mentions in the wrong thread, as this is for anime that will be arriving, but doesn't have a date, whilst I've been using it, mostly for anime that I'd like to see continued!

EDIT: Actually, I've just thought of a relevant series, one that is to be released, with not release date:

Girls' Work, initially announced as a visual novel in 2008, it changed to be an anime produced by ufotable, however we're eight years later, and it still hasn't materialised, even though there are character images:

[spoiler=Ariso Miyamoto]

latest?cb=20110729193456

That said, they could be images from when it was announced as a visual novel!

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
  • No game No life - I dunno when they will release the second season, some rumors were on going that it's gonna be in 2018 but well...who believes in rumors, am i right?
  • Gangsta - I doubt it will preserve a second season due the fact that the studio (manglobe) that's been delivering the series went bankrupt right after so let's hope another studio will pick up Gangsta and start working on it's renewal.
  • Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun - There is unfortunately no information about a third season, it's the same studio that's been responsible for releasing known titles such as Log Horizon (2nd) and Kono Subarashii so there might a slight chance...that they are working on a third season.

• Owari no Seraph - I'm suprised they didn't make any efforts to continue with the third season, as i know it was selling quite well in overseas. It seems also that the lack of original content could be one of the main reasons behind the delay of Owari no Seraph Season 3.

Latest info that we have from the writer is that studio didn’t approach him for seasons 3 and even if they did it wouldn’t happen anytime soon as he want’s to postpone it further. One of the possibilities is the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019.

source: https://www.opptrends.com/seraph-of-the-end-season-3-release-date

Edited by Muco

• Geano locked this topic