What do you think of maid cafes?

Optic

Omg, I think I would want to do something like this, but... Probably only for a day, and... Actually, nvm. I'm sure at least one customer would make me want to jump off a bridge, ahhaha.

When I was younger I always told my Mom that I wanted to a waitress, she thought it was strange since I was so deathly scared of interacting with people. She didn't realize I just wanted to wear a maid dress and act cute ... Although, I do agree with you, I'd probably end up getting at least one customer who made me want to go die in a hole somewhere.

I would love to visit a maid cafe and have fun, like everyone i love maids too but... my social anxiety would kick in and i would probably not even enter the place. That's just how i am :/

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't been to one for quite some time. lel.

I have to say, while the girls are lovely indeed, the food was that lovely to the taste.

It was... okay? But I would go if someone would pay me to go.

My effort comes with a price.

jk

Late, but I just thought I'd mention that it's not really about the food at these cafes. It's more so about the entertainment of the maid girls. They also sing and stuff too, so yeah. You're paying for their services, not necessarily the food...hence the majority of the clientele being male.

Late, but I just thought I'd mention that it's not really about the food at these cafes. It's more so about the entertainment of the maid girls. They also sing and stuff too, so yeah. You're paying for their services, not necessarily the food...hence the majority of the clientele being male.

Awesome! I didn't know that, singing maids is def worth money. Maid cafe's sound awesome. :D<3

If someone can go to a made Cafe without the sexual ideals brought in by their existence, or least restrain themselves enough that they don't do something stupid, I'm all for it. Otherwise no, because that temptation could lead to sexual harassment, and I am not okay with that.

Awesome! I didn't know that, singing maids is def worth money. Maid cafe's sound awesome. :D<3
Yeah, getting down to it, it's pretty much a show. You can even take photos with the maids there, but I think you get charged for it. You're not allowed to take your own photos of them. So yeah, it's more so a novelty thing than anything else. Of course if choosing, I still prefer a Butler cafe. So much more sophisticated. Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

It's not really a matter of whether or not it's allowed, so much as it that the idea might seem tempting to some people and that they might act on it.
I get what you mean. I've never come across any news where that's happened here regarding Maid Cafes, not to say that it hasn't...only hostess clubs.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been in a maid cafe before in dubai. It was classic, no satisfying. I 'm actually planning and wanting to go to one of japan's maid cafe. Unlike those in dubai, maid cafe in japan are awesomely exciting.  Theirs are unique, you'll probably think your in a cosplay event, well i can say yes. 

When i came to Japan i went like 2 times to these cafes and well i kind loved it. 

But after 9 years, and after understand how it works...i stopped going there.

And i don´t recommend my friends go there. 

And wtf with these business prices? They got really expensive!!

17 hours ago, hoikochan said:

When i came to Japan i went like 2 times to these cafes and well i kind loved it. 

But after 9 years, and after understand how it works...i stopped going there.

And i don´t recommend my friends go there. 

And wtf with these business prices? They got really expensive!!

What do you mean by "how it works"? Is there something shady about that kind of bussiness?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I haven't been to one yet. I will go at least once in my life 😄

I went to one of them at an anime convention before but it wasn't anything like the real deal; not that I know what the real deal is like but I know it's not that.. xP

Edited by Sasazaki Chan
N/A