What anime are you watching now?

Optic

My friend came round today and we watched all 14 episodes of the Violet Evergarden TV series.

It's an excellent series, and even more impressive when watched all at once rather than spread out over a few days which really enables you to appreciate the quality of the story, artwork and animation.  Kyoto Animation are of course the masters of producing stories that leave their viewers with wet eyes.

I'm really really behind on a lot of anime 😅. I'm on episode 13 or 14, season 3 of Attack on Titan, only watched a few episodes of Juju Kaisen, still on season 3 of My Hero Academia and I just started Love Is War. 

• Like 1

Got back into watching The Demon Girl Nextdoor’s 2nd season. Pretty entertaining but kind of annoying to have to keep pausing since there’s a lot of onscreen text.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Just finished watching Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro.

Might give Spy x Family a go next.

High recommend on Spy x Family :D

Good fun, surprisingly good comedy, watching the characters react to different situations is great 👍

However... would you recommend DTWM Nagatoro? It looks kinda... fetishy/fan servicey at a glance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysSearching said:

However... would you recommend DTWM Nagatoro? It looks kinda... fetishy/fan servicey at a glance

I actually enjoyed it. There are a couple of ecchi moments, but it's nothing too over the top. Nagatoro really enjoys teasing senpai, but it's not from a place of malice. She absolutely takes delight in making him uncomfortable by saying rather suggestive things, and then throwing it back at him by saying "You're such a perv, senpai!", but once in a while she slips up and it backfires on her in a spectacular fashion.

IMHO it's worth a look. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to. 😃

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Just to add my 2 cents to @viruxx comments. Nagatoro actually does come across as pretty mean in the first ep. But as the series progresses it becomes clearer she really does like senpai and gets almost as flustered as him except she’s better at hiding it. By the time the season was over I actually felt they were a cute couple, even though a certain level of lewdness persists throughout. So depending on how sensitive you are to that sort of thing, it may not be for you. One of my faves from last year & glad it’s getting a 2nd season.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, viruxx said:

IMHO it's worth a look. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to. 😃

52 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

By the time the season was over I actually felt they were a cute couple, even though a certain level of lewdness persists throughout. So depending on how sensitive you are to that sort of thing, it may not be for you.

All this considered it kinda feels like something I might end up watching... but like STRICTLY in private lol. I dont wanna have to answer to people that think I'm legit watching hentai, its just easier that way 👍

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

All this considered it kinda feels like something I might end up watching... but like STRICTLY in private lol. I dont wanna have to answer to people that think I'm legit watching hentai, its just easier that way 👍

I’d probably put it on the same level as My Dress-up Darling (maybe a bit more), but not on the level of Highschool DxD, How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord, Shimoneta, Sekirei, Freezing, etc. 

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, AlwaysSearching said:

High recommend on Spy x Family :D

Good fun, surprisingly good comedy, watching the characters react to different situations is great 👍

Just finished watching the second episode..... that marriage proposal was the most BADASS proposal I've ever seen in my life!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

32 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Just finished watching the second episode..... that marriage proposal was the most BADASS proposal I've ever seen in my life!

YOOOOOO! That's what I'm saying! I'm so jealous that you get to experience the next few episodes for the first time lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, viruxx said:

I totally agree! Spy x family is one my favorite from this season

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

22 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I totally agree! Spy x family is one my favorite from this season

Stand out episode this week, best one yet IMO.  

It really emphasized how traumatic school & it’s pressure can be especially on young children. And in addition to being a telepath, it’s implied that Anya pretended to be older than she actually is so Loid would adopt her. I half  expected Anya to have run away when Loid went to check on her at the end, but glad she didn’t. I prefer the cliffhanger thay ended on. Yor might kill people but she makes a fine mom & wife, can’t wait to see them try to sell their relationship to her brother next week

😁 

And I’m sure there’s some sort of story behind Anya’s hair accessories, since she doesn’t seem to take them off, even to sleep. My current theory she’s a Persocom (jk, Chobits reference, btw :P  ) spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

29 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

My current theory she’s a Persocom (jk, Chobits reference, btw :P  ) spacer.png

if this is a chobits reference I'm gonna be so happy!!!

6 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

if this is a chobits reference I'm gonna be so happy!!!

Just joking, but it did make me think  when she pulled off her nightcap at the start of the episode & she already had them on 🤣 I haven’t rewatched earlier episodes to see if there’s ever a scene without them.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Funny 1