What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I just finished Kill la Kill, so next is Psycho Pass the Movie, and then I'll try and complete Hunter x Hunter after that - not sure if I'm gonna finish Chimera Ant arc and move directly onto the Chairman Election arc or take a break in between. It a great series but is a massive series so I gotta break it down into more watchable chucks. 

8 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

801st T.T.S. Airbats

Wow, now there's a Blast from the Past. I can't remember too much about it but I quite enjoyed watching it way back in the days of VHS, I've still got the tapes but I don't know if my VHS player still works.

15 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Wow, now there's a Blast from the Past. I can't remember too much about it but I quite enjoyed watching it way back in the days of VHS, I've still got the tapes but I don't know if my VHS player still works.

Its on DVD I know, if a lil difficult to find. Not sure if blu-ray lol

9 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Its on DVD I know, if a lil difficult to find. Not sure if blu-ray lol

I found a copy on Amazon, a bargain at £198.  Pass.

I did find a Blu-Ray edition at £80,  region A so no good to me, and anyway the days of me paying that kind of money for an anime series are long past.

I've now finished Clannad After Story...
   ... and I've discovered a 3rd place where you can cry...
       ... in front of your TV during episodes 16, 18 and a couple after that.

I've lost track of haow many times I've watched Clannad & After Story, but it gets me every time and I'll be back again because it's such a wonderful story.

I've come to the conclusion that while an action series can get your pulse racing only a slice of life series can touch your heart.

• Like 3

I've started watching Great Teacher Onizuka. I only ever made it as far as the fourth episode, and that was almost 20 years ago. Figured it's about time I remedied that situation.

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

"Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions"
I keep coming back to this series for the simple reason that it's such great fun to watch. It's beautifully drawn and animated, as one would expect from Kyoto Animation, it has an interesting cast of characters with some really good interaction between them. What makes the series so good is that in amongst all the chunibyo craziness there is a serious  aspect to the storyline and the writers manage to weave both together into a seamless whole.
The series also benefits from a movie that carries on the story and provides a decent closure rather than being a pointless recap of the series.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Made in Abyss

Season 2 starts in July, though I’m not sure how delayed the dubbed version will be (would think HiDive makes it a priority though). I think my memory of it is still fresh enough I won’t need a review, though I think I need one for Overlord IV :P (may wind up waiting for that one to finish & binge it to make things easier to follow)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Watching Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu. I waited for this anime adaption since so long ago!!!!

I genuinly love the manga and I totally recommend it (the manga, the light novel and the anime). Please go watch it!

12 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Watching Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu. I waited for this anime adaption since so long ago!!!!

I genuinly love the manga and I totally recommend it (the manga, the light novel and the anime). Please go watch it!

I wasn’t a fan at first, but it’s really grown on me. Certainly a step above the typical isekai these days, particularly the characterizations. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Season 2 starts in July, though I’m not sure how delayed the dubbed version will be (would think HiDive makes it a priority though). I think my memory of it is still fresh enough I won’t need a review, though I think I need one for Overlord IV :P (may wind up waiting for that one to finish & binge it to make things easier to follow)

Yeah Overlord Season 4 is something I am highly anticipating. Made in Abyss Season 2 is another. Other than that, Goblin Slayer Season 2 is yet released, and then there's Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Star Blazers, but I'm holding out for the dubs of those as I started watching them dubbed way back when and I prefer them over subs... 

Also would love to know when the hell Magia Record season 2 and the 'final' season are gonna get dubbed, if they get dubbed. The first season had a simuldub so I hope a dub get's made. 

Finally there the Solomon movie, to wrap up phase 1 of the Grand Order project. Meaning there likely gonna be a phase 2 - I hope the Götterdämmerung, Atlantis and Avalon are at least adapted; because Sigurd and Napoleon, Odysseus, Super Orion and Jason and finally our Queen Morgan La Fay need to get animated. To be fair most the Lostbelts have some op servants, but I picked those because my person favourites happen to be present. 

However I have a feeling only one of those would be made into an actual series like Bayblonia was, if that is the case Atlantis will likely be the series with Avalon being the 'movies'. As for Gotterdammerung, I feel it and the other lostbelts might either get thrown into being short OVA's like Extra (here's hoping) or one shot films like 'First Order' and 'Lostroom' were. Also doubt we will see a dub of Lostroom. 

Not a Japanese anime but a Donghua. Spare Me, Great Lord! 

At a snail's pace, I've been watching one episode every Sunday. So naturally I'm only on episode 4. 😆

Edit: Enjoying it so far, it's fun and I'm really interested in the concept. 

Edited by prettyboy

15 hours ago, Wodahs said:

just finished the latest ep of spy X Fam

and that have to be the biggest cliffhanger ive seen in anime 😍

🤣🤣🤣

I totally agree with you on that 🤣

Haven't watched it yet, but am looking forward to Overlord. My brother has been watching it and is obsessed, he was so fixated on One Piece then switched over to Overlord. (He still loves One Piece) 

I've been told it's a pretty great anime, and I'm looking forward to watching it as it's on my watch list. ;)

• Like 2

Just finished "Blue Seed". A rather forgotten series from 1995. It's a fairly action packed story based on the legend of Orochi and Susanoo about an elite secret organisation who are striving to protect Japan from destruction by plant based monsters. They also have to protect the life of a young girl, who if sacrificed could potentially save Japan.
Despite how it sounds it's quite a good series.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 2

39 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Just finished "Blue Seed". A rather forgotten series from 1995. It's a fairly action packed story based on the legend of Orochi and Susanoo about an elite secret organisation who are striving to protect Japan from destruction by plant based monsters. They also have to protect the life of a young girl, who if sacrificed could potentially save Japan.
Despite how it sounds it's quite a good series.

One of my favs! I love this era of anime. Plus, FYI, one of the earliest appearances of Megumi Hayashibara, a most prolific voice actress.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1