What anime are you watching now?

Optic

On 5/1/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kit said:

I'm rethinking my decision after episode 7 and checking to see how many I had left. Lol

1 hour ago, Kit said:

On episode 200 of Bleach. XD 

🤯 Wow, that’s progress

Half-way through the 1st season of Classroom of the Elite. Enjoying it enough that unless I sour on the 2nd half, I ‘ll probably watch season 2 when it starts in July.

And Spy x Family continues to be AOTS for me.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

And Spy x Family continues to be AOTS for me.

I'm really enjoying Spy X Family myself. Is it just me, or do the episodes feel like they're shorter than 24 minutes sometimes? Maybe it's the having to wait a week in between for the new ones.

1 hour ago, viruxx said:

I'm really enjoying Spy X Family myself. Is it just me, or do the episodes feel like they're shorter than 24 minutes sometimes? Maybe it's the having to wait a week in between for the new ones.

If episode 12 ends on a cliffhanger, it’s gonna be hell waiting 3 months for it to resume 😂 (series is currently listed as split-cour with 12 eps in the first half)

• Agree 2

Watching Bakuman. for the first time. It's really interesting and an insight on how manga gets made. I'm on the last season. It's more slice of life, but it's really fascinating.

Also re-watching Digimon Tamers for the millionth time. Only a few eps left though and then I will start a newer show. Maybe Ranking of kings.

I usually only watch a show when it's finished (Except My Hero Academia) but I need to find more hobbies, so I'm thinking next season I might pick a couple to watch as they come out.

• Like 1

I'm debating on whether to read the manga in between that time or not. Either way, you're right. It will be hell waiting for the second half. 😭

• Agree 2

Me and Marathon finished Trigun. That was not what I expected. Originally it was a full blown comedy, which I mean it was alright. But nothing amazing or ground-breaking. It then around episode 12 got more philosophical, it started asking some interesting questions and introducing this bad ass demon villain dude... and I was like this, this is getting good.

And then it sort of went off a cliff. I guess I was expecting Vash to become a more rounded and mature hero, instead he doubled down as a 'goodie-goodie' even after the events of the final few episodes. Legato and the Priest were awesome characters, but the rest of the cast were very much misses in my opinion. 

I've been watching Toradora again, I like it and it's a good series but each time I watch it I come away feeling that the story is missing something. It's like a darts player who aims for the bull and just misses it.

1 hour ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Me and Marathon finished Trigun. That was not what I expected. Originally it was a full blown comedy, which I mean it was alright. But nothing amazing or ground-breaking. It then around episode 12 got more philosophical, it started asking some interesting questions and introducing this bad ass demon villain dude... and I was like this, this is getting good.

And then it sort of went off a cliff. I guess I was expecting Vash to become a more rounded and mature hero, instead he doubled down as a 'goodie-goodie' even after the events of the final few episodes. Legato and the Priest were awesome characters, but the rest of the cast were very much misses in my opinion. 

Pretty much how I felt when I first saw this anime but it was ages ago. Would love to revisit it again! 

Hopefully Milly and Meryl are still one of my favorite duos. I remember liking when they were on screen. 😆

7 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Only heard of Marimite in lucky star. Do you recommend it?

Yes I think so. I haven't watched many shoujo series, but this one seems special. Very nice characters, some little drama, but overall lighthearted and classical music-inspired soundtrack.

I was watching Lucky Star, but I didn't know Marimite at the time 😅

• Like 1

Worked my way up to episode 27 of GTO. I'm almost ashamed that I didn't watch this series a lot sooner than I did.... I honestly imagine there are a ton of titles from the late 90s and 2000s that I'll feel that way about once I watch them in full. It's turning out to be quite the game of catch-up.

• Agree 2

Looks like the 2nd ep of the Ancient Magus Bride wild hunt OVA finally went up on CR. I know what I’ll be watching when I get off work this evening.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I've just finished the first season of Magic Knight Rayearth it's a really good story and has one of the best dramatic soundtracks.

MKR is one of only three series that I have two copies of. I bought the series when it first came out and then bought the 15th Anniversary box sets which are a much better release both in quality and disk authoring.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

On 5/29/2022 at 8:46 PM, Soramee_ said:

Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

Episode 11 of this. Dang, that was actually a top-tier confession 😍

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1