What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Spy x Family episode 10 - something about Henderson (“Elegant” sensei) wearing a tracksuit & baseball cap was highly amusing to me :P And that dodgeball game was like something out of Dragonball Z 🤣

• Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I'm currently watching the second series of Magic Knight Rayearth. While both series are very good I think the second series is the better of the two, mainly because it has more of an on-going storyline and less "monster of the week".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Macross Frontier: The False Songstress saw this in a theater today, though there were only about a dozen people (hard core otaku I guess 😂 ) Did not realize it was one of those movies where they try to condense 12 episodes into 2 hrs.  So the scenes don’t transition real smoothly & a lot of things weren’t explained very well. I did pick up on enough of it to be curious about what happens next though. Ideally I’d prefer to wait for a streaming service to pick up the rights to the tv series now that the legal complications have apparently been resolved. But not sure how likely that is considering it took over 10 years to get to this point & I’m not sure if there’s much interest outside of hardcore oldschool otaku, so more than likely I’ll go see the sequel/conclusion film in 2 weeks. And for the record, though I’m probably in the minority, I’m team Ranka as opposed to team team Sheryl.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Macross Frontier: The False Songstress saw this in a theater today, though there were only about a dozen people (hard core otaku I guess 😂 ) Did not realize it was one of those movies where they try to condense 12 episodes into 2 hrs.  So the scenes don’t transition real smoothly & a lot of things weren’t explained very well. I did pick up on enough of it to be curious about what happens next though. Ideally I’d prefer to wait for a streaming service to pick up the rights to the tv series now that the legal complications have apparently been resolved. But not sure how likely that is considering it took over 10 years to get to this point & I’m not sure if there’s much interest outside of hardcore oldschool otaku, so more than likely I’ll go see the sequel/conclusion film in 2 weeks. And for the record, though I’m probably in the minority, I’m team Ranka as opposed to team team Sheryl.

I'm not a fan of "recap movies", in fact they're one of my pet dislikes. The main problems I have with them is that in compressing the storyline a lot, if not most, of the motivations behind the character's actions is lost and more annoyingly there are sometimes changes to the storyline. Although these things probably only bother those who have seen the original TV series.

I have the same misgivings about "films of the book", especially when it's a film of a book I have read and have a very good knowledge of the story.

• Agree 1

Still working my way through GTO. On episode 34 now. I know... I take forever.

Also catching new eps of Kaguya-sama when they drop, as well as Spy x Family.

After GTO I'm going to watch Skeleton Knight in Another World...... at this rate, maybe next month. 😂

19 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Still working my way through GTO. On episode 34 now. I know... I take forever.

Also catching new eps of Kaguya-sama when they drop, as well as Spy x Family.

After GTO I'm going to watch Skeleton Knight in Another World...... at this rate, maybe next month. 😂

I have tried to watch GTO a few times and couldn't get past the first ep. I don't mind dirty jokes but this seemed WAY over the top. I really wanted to like it though!

I just finished the Chimera Ant Arc of Hunter X Hunter. Only one left now then I've finished the show. 

I happily admit Hunter X Hunter lived up to all the praise people give it. Chimera Ant arc was amazing. By the end I wasn't even on the Human side only, I was sort of routing for everyone paradoxically. Sort of like when Fate Zero was towards the end I could pick a side between the remaining characters cause I was invested in them all equally

Same thing happened here, I was routing for the Chairman and the King. Pouf and his evil schemes. Pitou and Gon. The ending was touching, and I look forward to seeing how the show wraps everything up in the final twelve episodes. 

It gonna be nice seeing Leorio again. As he's not been round since Yorknew City despite how awesome he is. Through if he'd been in the Chimera Ant arc he might have been eaten. 

• Like 1

Re-watching Naruto !

I don't have much access to anime streaming services at the moment, because I don't make enough money to pay for streaming services...so I decided to re-watch one of my favourite anime :D 

Consider me a loser, but yes, Netflix is the only streaming service I have at the moment, which my family pays for...so I only have Netflix anime to work with. T-T 

OGC.gif.69f447f013a438b2eba0bcfd2a5c1303.gif

1 hour ago, deaaath said:
Consider me a loser, but yes, Netflix is the only streaming service I have at the moment, which my family pays for...so I only have Netflix anime to work with. T-T 

Maybe try Retro Crush. It’s mainly older titles but it’s free legal streaming though you gave to put up with ads.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 2

I just started watching "Clean Freak! Aoyama-kun". Only on the second episode, and the jury is still out on this one. I actually really like sports anime, even though I don't care for sports IRL, and Comedy is my favorite kind, but so far... there has been funny moments but nothing laugh out loud hilarious. I'll still give it a few episodes though.

17 hours ago, deaaath said:

Re-watching Naruto !

I don't have much access to anime streaming services at the moment, because I don't make enough money to pay for streaming services...so I decided to re-watch one of my favourite anime :D 

OGC.gif.69f447f013a438b2eba0bcfd2a5c1303.gif

You aren't a loser! I personally gave up on Naruto, but I even get nostalgic sometimes and think about re-watching the first 100-130 eps or so of the first series. (I watched into the first 150 eps of Shippuden before I quit.)

Edited by Takatofan1986
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

The latest ones i started watching are ao ashi. kotaro lives alone and god of highschool. i really like all of them especially ao ashi it is even inspiring me 

speaking of psycho pass  i watched 2 episodes. it was fine gonna watch the rest at some point probablyspacer.png

Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

finished what I hope is just the first cour/season. I’d set it aside early on, but after coming back to it, I found myself enjoying it more & more. While not anything original there’s enough little nuances to the characters’  interactions to keep me invested in them. Leon in particular (as much as he relishes playing the role of insufferable a-hole, when it counts he can’t help but be a decent person, albeit he’s far too good at gloating :P ).  His banter with Luxion is always amusing & love that he actually named his mech Arroganz (arrogance) 🤣 I’m really hoping it gets a continuation.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 1

I've now finished watching the second series of Magic Knight Rayearth. The build-up to the final battle is quite dramatic but I think the most touching scene is Hikaru's final confrontation with Nova.

Overall I think the series benefits from having the creators of the manga involved in the anime, but I still think that the anime ending is better than the manga ending.

• Like 1

Finished GTO. I put the last few episodes on hold and went ahead and watched all Skeleton Knight eps available on CR as well.

Now I'm watching 86 Eighty-Six.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I've just started watching Golden Time.  A rather good slice of life series about a group of college students, which makes a nice change from series about high school students. It has an interesting cast of characters but what I find most interesting is the way the central storyline explores the relationship between memory and identity.  

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Just finished watching the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya for the second but in the broadcast order. I should have watch it in this order when I first started watching haruhi. It's so much better!!!!!!!! 

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, viruxx said:

Spy x Family.

22 hours ago, viruxx said:

all Skeleton Knight eps available on CR as well.

drunken brawl I’d like to see: Yor vs Arianne 🥰

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1