What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Just finished Sailor Moon series 1.

For a series that's 30 years old this year the quality of the artwork and animation stands up well against more recent series, the only real giveaway to its age, apart from the date showing in the opening, is the backgrounds which in some places are a bit basic.  But it's still a good story with excellent characters.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of Netflix’s Spriggan remake. Kinda like Indiana Jones meets Ghost In the Shell. Pretty cool.

Also the first ep of Phantom of the Idol. Made me chuckle a couple times, so will stick with it short term at least.

Edited by Ohayotaku

8 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Watched the first episode of Netflix’s Spriggan remake.

aw thats another i wanted to watch , dam you netflix i say dam you !

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Watched the first ep of Engage Kiss … welp, my first “one & done” of the new season 😅

yep same but i left my mark on the crunchroll page for that ep lol
sorry couldnt help my self ! a little lewd and funny and above all expected for my age and location 🤣

and just now i have also finished Lycoris Recoil and can see my self watching this one too

https://myanimelist.net/anime/50709/Lycoris_Recoil?q=Lycoris Recoil&cat=anime

tho i also watched the latest ep of A Couple of Cuckoos and lets just say i was underwhelmed with it and its oops i slipped tripped and kissesd you trope
esp when she was behind him and ended up in front of him with out him actually slipping and then dealt with the way they did

I'm watching Ranking of Kings. It's... very interesting. I don't know what I expected going into it, but when I started the first episode, I very quickly almost turned it off. but I'm glad I didn't. There are a few parts that have been a little more gory than expected, but I just look away. The rest of the show has been really interesting.

• Like 1

Recently completed MSG: Iron-Blooded Orphans and the third season of Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

Now starting on Paranoia Agent (3 years after I bought the DVDs...)

• Like 1

Just started Sailor Moon R.

The thing that puzzles me about the first arc is, if you're a couple of aliens who've arrived on Earth to steal people's energy, why would you enrol and attend the local school where your lack of knowledge of everyday things is going to make you stand out?

7 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Won't be disappointed, Paranoia Agent is good stuff

I'm four episodes in and I'm liking it so far. A bit trippy in places so having to wind back to get a second viewing lol

6 minutes ago, RZ. said:

I'm four episodes in and I'm liking it so far. A bit trippy in places so having to wind back to get a second viewing lol

Yeah it defiantly one of those trippy, psychological shows. It was directed by Satoshi Kon and it defiantly has his style. I might be wrong, but I think it the only TV series he ever directed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Yeah it defiantly one of those trippy, psychological shows. It was directed by Satoshi Kon and it defiantly has his style. I might be wrong, but I think it the only TV series he ever directed.

I have Perfect Blue on DVD to watch next too, but I can't say I'm familiar with Satoshi Kon's work outside these two projects.

6 minutes ago, RZ. said:

I have Perfect Blue on DVD to watch next too, but I can't say I'm familiar with Satoshi Kon's work outside these two projects.

I've looked up online he directed Tokyo Godfathers, Millennium Actress, Paprika and Good morning. Perfect Blue looks to be his first film he was director on, he also did direct three episodes of the original JoJo run. 

The more you know. 

Spriggan (2022) episode 3 - best ep yet. The chemistry between Yuu, Yoshino & Akatsuki was great 👍 

Akatsuki: I’m only 32

Yoshino: Oh, that’s old, you know

Akatsuki: No, it’s not

Yoshino: Yes, it is

Yoshino: Yes, it is

Yoshino: Is too

Akatsuki: I’ll kick your ass

Yoshino: Eek!

Yuu: Oh, good grief.

Edited by Ohayotaku

18 hours ago, Wodahs said:

and just now i have also finished Lycoris Recoil and can see my self watching this one too

The underlying concept is similar to Gunslinger Girl, but that one was pretty bleak. This one seems to be trying to project a more upbeat/cuter image, while still addressing the “questionable” ethics. Not sure how well that’s going to work out, but will keep watching for now. Also reminds me somewhat of Princess Principal.

The 1st ep of Yurei Deco. Well that was … trippy @_@ Seems like it will explore the potential impact of virtual/augmented reality on society. The more Love (likes) a person has, the more they can customize how the world appears to them & how they appear to others. Some similar concepts to Dennou Coil but with an Adventure Time artstyle. Hack reminds of Edward from Cowboy Bebop quite a bit. 

Edited by Ohayotaku

Started watching Love After World Domination. I cracked up the entire time they transformed into the Gelato 5 and then did their individual attacks. I'll keep going with this show for now. The first ep was pretty amusing, and I like the concept of mortal enemies falling in love with each other and trying to actually date and spend time together while hiding it from everybody else.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

The underlying concept is similar to Gunslinger Girl, but that one was pretty bleak. This one seems to be trying to project a more upbeat/cuter image, while still addressing the “questionable” ethics. Not sure how well that’s going to work out, but will keep watching for now. Also reminds me somewhat of Princess Principal.

yeh i did see the similarity thinking that
might check out the 1st ep of Yurei Deco my self too

2 hours ago, viruxx said:

Started watching Love After World Domination. I cracked up the entire time they transformed into the Gelato 5 and then did their individual attacks. I'll keep going with this show for now. The first ep was pretty amusing, and I like the concept of mortal enemies falling in love with each other and trying to actually date and spend time together while hiding it from everybody else.

sorry for some reason as much as i tried i couldnt finish the first ep so gave up on it my self

7 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

The 1st ep of Yurei Deco. Well that was … trippy @_@ Seems like it will explore the potential impact of virtual/augmented reality on society. The more Love (likes) a person has, the more they can customize how the world appears to them & how they appear to others. Some similar concepts to Dennou Coil but with an Adventure Time artstyle. Hack reminds of Edward from Cowboy Bebop quite a bit. 

sorry watched it then did a little in bdo then an hr nap , lol
but after watching it and reading some of the comments i think this comment summed it up

Wow! Pretty Freaky! Not sure if I like it or not; But I'm definitely curious to see where its going

22 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I've looked up online he directed Tokyo Godfathers, Millennium Actress, Paprika and Good morning. Perfect Blue looks to be his first film he was director on, he also did direct three episodes of the original JoJo run. 

The more you know. 

Ah yes, I had heard he directed Paprika before. Another show to add to the ever growing and probably uncompletable list

• Like 1