What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I haven't been watching much anime the last couple weeks, but yesterday I watched the My Hero Academia OVAs. I didn't like the first one at all - and even though I'm not a sports person I enjoy sports anime, but this did nothing for me. I did chuckle a few times though, but overall I didn't like it.

The second one though was really hilarious, and I highly recommend it.

It was reminding me of American Dad! and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized it was because

Spoiler

The woman's voice kept saying "MR. SMILEY", and it reminded me of Roger's "Ricky Spanish" persona, and you similarly heard a voice saying his name.

18 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

started watching love hina! I'm enjoying it a lot!

The manga is great too. Read it back in the early 2000s, definitely a personal favorite of mine. Highly recommended!

• Like 1

I just did a re-watch of Parasyte the Maxim with @MarathonGuy1337, if you've not seen it and like a show which is kind of a mix of The Thing and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, sit down and watch it cause it won't disappoint. Also been re-watching Fate/Apocrypha - I'm on episode 12. Might not be the best Fate show, but I still think its pretty good. 

just finished Josee, the Tiger and the Fish my self
had thought bout watching it a while back then it didnt come to any of my platforms
had forgotten bout it till it just showed up in crucnyroll
tho did realize it was a movie thought it was a series as it showed to eps , turned out to be one sub n one dub

• Like 1

Totsukuni no Shoujo passed my 3ep test.  It's going on the to-binge list.

In the meantime I've started watching Taishou Otome Otogibanashi.

1 hour ago, Wodahs said:

That's on my list too but I haven't gotten to it yet.  Was it as good as the hype was making it out to be a while back?

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

That's on my list too but I haven't gotten to it yet.  Was it as good as the hype was making it out to be a while back?

i dont remember any hype think i lust saw it on myanimelist as an up coming anime and saw the trailer or something and thought it be interesting
i do remember thinking it may be along the lines of silent voice and i suppose in a way it was but different too
yes i did enjoy it and would recommend it , even tho there was a 5 minute section that totally seemed they had to twist it to add a cliche piece of deja vu occurrence that seemed oddly out of place and subtract form its total quality to me
but i wont go into depth on this as its also a spoiler in trying to explain , think youll realize it when you watch it

Edited by Wodahs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Wodahs said:

i do remember thinking it may be along the lines of silent voice and i suppose in a way it was but different too

A lot of people were comparing it to SV when it came out and saying it was soooo much better.  Many were drawing parallels with the cdawg/ironmouse vtuber ship too, which seemed to have more in common with the situation of JTF’s main characters than with that of SV’s.  I was just wondering if this was one of those things that was more in the minds of the shippers/viewers or if there was more to it than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

A lot of people were comparing it to SV when it came out and saying it was soooo much better.  Many were drawing parallels with the cdawg/ironmouse vtuber ship too, which seemed to have more in common with the situation of JTF’s main characters than with that of SV’s.  I was just wondering if this was one of those things that was more in the minds of the shippers/viewers or if there was more to it than that.

to me the simplified story line was kinda similar you know basically a person with a disability of some sort that hates life in general and a able body person who seems to have it all love story
but other than that with out going it no to many spoilers it was a totally different story line to the hate my life due to the bully ill get revenge to show how much they hurt me we fall in love story of SV

this one to me seemed even with its cliche situations to be more general life situation involved too (more general public relatable) id say

Interesting to read the comments about Josee, the Tiger and the Fish and A Silent Voice. I've seen Silent Voice and my Blu-Ray disk of JTF arrived the other day, so that's next on my watch list.

I've seen SV several times and it always leaves me thinking that there is a part of the story missing that would explain Shouko's change of attitude from when she was watching the fireworks with everyone else to her actions when she returned home.

• Like 1

Parallel World Pharmacy - along with Lycoris Recoil this is my favorite of the new series this season. Different from the typical OP MC isekai, it’s more along the line of Ascendence of a Bookworm. Though I think Farma is more altruistic than Myne, who is still motivated to a large extent by her personal obsession.

I watched "Josee, The Tiger and the Fish" while I had my lunch today. I knew it was about a girl in a wheelchair meeting a guy who like diving and swimming with fishes, but I didn't know anything else about it.

WOW! I was completely blown away by this amazing film and the plot twists near the end caught me completely by surprise. Normally when I watch a film at lunchtime I pause the film when I finish eating and go to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, but this film so held my attention that I kept watching up until the end of the credits.

I don't know of many anime films that focus on the problems disabled people face in their daily lives, the only other one I can think of is "A Silent Voice", but  I think Josse, The Tiger and the Fish is the better one of the two mainly because the story telling is more concise and the director does a good job in putting across how the characters feel even in scenes without much dialogue.

• Like 1

So, this evening I watched "I want to Eat your Pancreas" I knew it wasn't going have a happy ending, no film that starts with a main character's funeral has a happy ending.

But I didn't expect the ending to be that devastatingly sad. The more I think about it, the more I realise just how cruel the ending is.

This film should come with a warning that it will break your heart and that you will need a handkerchief or two by the end of it.  I think the last anime I cried over was "Your Lie in April", but in some ways "I want to Eat your Pancreas" is much sadder.

Anime's ability to reach into your heart is one of the reasons why I like watching it so much.

I'm going to start watching The Demon Girl Next Door. Seems like it'll be an absolute blast, based off the pics and gifs I've seen in the games section.

Need to pick back up on Fate/Zero. Made it up to ep 2. Good show thus far.

16 hours ago, viruxx said:

I'm going to start watching The Demon Girl Next Door. Seems like it'll be an absolute blast, based off the pics and gifs I've seen in the games section.

Hope you enjoy it. The pacing is a bit odd as the humor can be silly or slapstick but also dialogue driven. And while primarily a parody, there actually are some feelz, especially in the 2nd season. It was a series that made me chuckle frequently & invariably left me with a smile on my face.

16 hours ago, viruxx said:

Need to pick back up on Fate/Zero. Made it up to ep 2. Good show thus far.

This is pretty much the opposite end of the sprectrum as it is frequently dark & at times downright bleak. It does have humorous moments though, particularly between Waver & Rider. One of my all time favorite anime as it just has an epic feel to it & stands out from the other Fate series I’ve watched, albeit many are still on my PTW list.

• Like 1

Started my rewatch of Overlord from the beginning. Episodes 1 & 2

the lyrics to the OP really foreshadow the MCs loss of his humanity the more time he spends living as his avatar & very early on points out that a separate cold & calculating presence seems to take over when he becomes overly emotional. But also a good bit of humor present as we’re introduced to the floor guardians. Albedo & Shaltear competing for Momonga’s attention is always amusing (but also terrifying) as well as Demiurge always misinterpreting his intentions. But the moment that made me chuckle this time around was Cocytus’ excitement at the prospect of becoming an “Uncle” 

🤣