What anime are you watching now?

Optic

10 hours ago, ColdChillin123 said:

Its a bit of a quirky anime, but I started watching Love is War a little while back. It's just something a little different for me. Perhaps its a bit old, not sure, but I am way behind on current anime right now.

Kaguya-sama is one of my more recent favorites. And it's not that old a series. They finished up season 3 just this past spring. I love how Miyuki and Kaguya both are some of the smartest people on earth, yet when it comes to romance, they are hopelessly clueless and too prideful, and their attempts to make a move usually backfire on them in some way. And I'm right there with you on being behind on anime. It's looking like that will be a perpetual thing in my case. 😅

5 hours ago, lsdfairy said:

Okay, I KNOW I’m so many years late but recently I decided to sit down and watch Attack on Titans. I don’t know why at first when it came out it didn’t call my attention. Probably because I was only 12 at the time & I was attracted to other genres. But, now that I’m watching it, it’s sooooo good. Currently in season 3, this season seems like a bit of a mess to me because it has so many character’s lives incorporated into the season but obviously they all have a connection to the titans so it’s unraveling slowly. An anime I was watching before this one that I really recommend is called My Dress-Up Darling, it’s such a good romcom anime. It made me feel fuzzy watching it the whole time. Nothing beats a good romance anime. 

When AoT first came out, I was in college at the time, and I had several friends that were WAY WAY WAY too into it. As in 'beyond obsessed' into it. Don't get me wrong, if you're really into something, then by all means, go nuts. I totally respect that. But for me, excessive fanboying/girling over anything kinda kills my interest in it. It's a bit like hearing a song over and over and over again to the point you get sick and tired of hearing it, regardless of how good the song might be. I had also stopped actively watching anime in general back then. I had that uphill battle in front of me on top of the rabid fanning out. I allowed those circumstances to skewer my view of AoT. I plan to revisit it sometime in the future and give it a proper chance to watch. It's on my list.... but, as with the other titles on the list, when I finally fire it up is anyone's guess. My Dress-Up Darling was one of the first shows I watched when recently getting back to anime, and it was a great reintroduction. That, Spy x Family, Overlord and Kaguya-sama.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, viruxx said:

Kaguya-sama is one of my more recent favorites. And it's not that old a series. They finished up season 3 just this past spring. I love how Miyuki and Kaguya both are some of the smartest people on earth, yet when it comes to romance, they are hopelessly clueless and too prideful, and their attempts to make a move usually backfire on them in some way. And I'm right there with you on being behind on anime. It's looking like that will be a perpetual thing in my case. 😅

When AoT first came out, I was in college at the time, and I had several friends that were WAY WAY WAY too into it. As in 'beyond obsessed' into it. Don't get me wrong, if you're really into something, then by all means, go nuts. I totally respect that. But for me, excessive fanboying/girling over anything kinda kills my interest in it. It's a bit like hearing a song over and over and over again to the point you get sick and tired of hearing it, regardless of how good the song might be. I had also stopped actively watching anime in general back then. I had that uphill battle in front of me on top of the rabid fanning out. I allowed those circumstances to skewer my view of AoT. I plan to revisit it sometime in the future and give it a proper chance to watch. It's on my list.... but, as with the other titles on the list, when I finally fire it up is anyone's guess. My Dress-Up Darling was one of the first shows I watched when recently getting back to anime, and it was a great reintroduction. That, Spy x Family, Overlord and Kaguya-sama.

I totally get what you mean by the excessive fanboy/girl, i also believe it was because the person that directed AoT also directed Death Note. You cannot lie Death Note had the biggest fandom at some point, people became so obsessed when that then AoT came out it was the same thing all over again. That also kept me from watching the show all the way until now, & honestly I’m really glad I gave it a chance. I understand why people would love it so much, (never to the point to obsess over it but yeah) it has a bit of every genre incorporated into it. It’s also interesting learning about the Titan character, they resemble giants in greek mythology in a way. You should definitely watch it one day ! It’s definitely one of those anime’s where you have to get past the bad stuff to get to the good stuff. 

How did you like My Dress-Up Darling? It’s so cute right?? Can’t wait for Season 2 im so hooked on how cute the cosplays are  

And bro SpyxFamily is so good, I was tuned into every new episode when it came out on Hulu lol I saw the real life movie they made before this anime came out and it was good as well but not as good as the anime. 

I haven’t gotten to watch overlord or Kaguya-sama yet but when i’m finished with AoT im definitely looking into those. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lsdfairy said:

I totally get what you mean by the excessive fanboy/girl, i also believe it was because the person that directed AoT also directed Death Note. You cannot lie Death Note had the biggest fandom at some point, people became so obsessed when that then AoT came out it was the same thing all over again. That also kept me from watching the show all the way until now, & honestly I’m really glad I gave it a chance. I understand why people would love it so much, (never to the point to obsess over it but yeah) it has a bit of every genre incorporated into it. It’s also interesting learning about the Titan character, they resemble giants in greek mythology in a way. You should definitely watch it one day ! It’s definitely one of those anime’s where you have to get past the bad stuff to get to the good stuff. 

How did you like My Dress-Up Darling? It’s so cute right?? Can’t wait for Season 2 im so hooked on how cute the cosplays are  

And bro SpyxFamily is so good, I was tuned into every new episode when it came out on Hulu lol I saw the real life movie they made before this anime came out and it was good as well but not as good as the anime. 

I haven’t gotten to watch overlord or Kaguya-sama yet but when i’m finished with AoT im definitely looking into those. 

I will certainly try to watch it sometime in the future. I'm sure AoT was/is popular for good reason.

And I loved My Dress Up Darling! The first time I saw it was on my YT recommendations. It was a clip of the scene where Gojou was taking Marin's inseam measurement (if you've watched the show, you know which scene I'm referring to). I looked into where I could watch the show, and signed up for Funimation's free trial. Watched it through in about 2 days time. Yes, it was definitely a cute show. Almost made me want to try my hand at making cosplay outfits. Would love to see how the relationship between Marin and Gojou unfolds further.

Spy x Family was undoubtedly my favorite series of the '22 spring season. I'm excited for October when they finally start airing the new episodes for the 2nd cour! I'll beat the door down to watch this show.... even if damaging my property doesn't help the situation. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viruxx said:

My Dress Up Darling

there’s an announcement scheduled for this weekend. Hopefully regarding a season 2, though recently Takagi & Quints went the movie route and the next Kaguya anime will also be a movie.

My favorite NEW anime of 2022:

1.  Spy x Family

2. My Dress-up Darling

3. currently Birdie Wing, but Lycoris Recoil could pass it.

and my favorite sequel of 2022 is currently Attack of Titan Final Season Pt 2, though there are a couple contenders upcomjng (Overlord IV, Golden Kamuy 4, Mob Psycho 100 S3 & though a longshot MHA S6)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:31 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Started watching Sing a Bit of Harmony , but only got about 10 minutes in before deciding it wasn’t what I was in the mood for. So, watched The Boy and the Beast instead & thought it was pretty enjoyable

the boy and the beast now why does that sound familiar
oh thats right check out my smile below

Edited by Wodahs
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

12 hours ago, Wodahs said:

the boy and the beast now why does that sound familiar
oh thats right check out my smile below

The Boy and the Beast is one that I feel I should watch. Might watch that later this evening after I get done with all my prep-work.

• Like 1

Just finished kaguya sama 3rd season and it was so good!!! totally my new favorite and my friend who only watched shonen action battle anime finally started it... I feel like a proud father. image.gif.a50815afb698051020b5897917a06211.gif

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

Just finished kaguya sama 3rd season and it was so good!!! totally my new favorite and my friend who only watched shonen action battle anime finally started it... I feel like a proud father. image.gif.a50815afb698051020b5897917a06211.gif

Kaguya is such a good anime, I had such a good time watching it. I also cried a little lol

• Like 1

So, I'm coming back here because last time I posted a reply I was watching AoT and I finally finished it. I really liked it but season 4 was one hell of a roller coaster for me. Def a big love/hate relationship with Eren, but all in all really good anime. I love how they had 9 different Titans with all cool powers. My favorite is the Jaw Titan, it moves so quick and it reminds me of a lion lol 

I started watching Gate today and so far so good. What I know up until now (FIRST EP SPOILERS) is that it's about an otaku who became first lieutenant because he saved half a city from an invasion from creatures that came through a mysterious portal that appeared out of nowhere in the middle of Tokyo, with his knowledge in video games similar to the situation he was in, Yoji (the otaku) led citizens to safety. The japanese military then proceeds to march into the portal or as I should say "The Gate" 3 months later to learn further more about their new enemy. Their enemies were literally a mix of soldiers, demons, goblins, dragons, etc. So far sooo good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lsdfairy said:

So, I'm coming back here because last time I posted a reply I was watching AoT and I finally finished it. I really liked it but season 4 was one hell of a roller coaster for me. Def a big love/hate relationship with Eren, but all in all really good anime. I love how they had 9 different Titans with all cool powers. My favorite is the Jaw Titan, it moves so quick and it reminds me of a lion lol 

I’m looking forward to the FINAL final season next year :P 

Picked up Call of the Night again and got current on it. The twists of the most recent episode are likely to keep me engaged enough to finish the cour, but the biggest obstacle to my enjoyment remains Ko (the male lead). A couple episodes prior a character accused him of “talking out of his ass “ and I think it sums up his character perfectly for me 😂 Way more annoying to me than Shinji from Evangelion or Thorfinn from Vinland Saga.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I’m looking forward to the FINAL final season next year :P 

Picked up Call of the Night again and got current on it. The twists of the most recent episode are likely to keep me engaged enough to finish the cour, but the biggest obstacle to my enjoyment remains Ko (the male lead). A couple episodes prior a character accused him of “talking out of his ass “ and I think it sums up his character perfectly for me 😂 Way more annoying to me than Shinji from Evangelion or Thorfinn from Vinland Saga.

i've never heard of any of the ones you mentioned, gonna have to add them to my list and check them out. 

also there's a FINAL final season? aot really said sikeeee with season 4 lol but i was so eager to finish it because watching towards the end had me in a hell of a emotion roller coaster with eren. also unpopular opinion but; i disliked gabi so much for some reason, did not enjoy watching her 

I’m a bit curious about what the last episode of AOT final season  you watched is.

part 1 had 16 eps https://myanimelist.net/anime/40028/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__The_Final_Season

ends just as Eren is about to throw down with Reiner (Armored Titan), Jaw Titan & Cart Titan

part 2 had 12 eps https://myanimelist.net/anime/48583/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__The_Final_Season_Part_2 

ends with Eren arriving at  Marley to totally destroy it & then move on to the rest of the world 

and the last cour will premiere sometime next year & bring things to the end of the manga https://myanimelist.net/anime/51535/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__The_Final_Season_-_Kanketsu-hen

I haven’t read the manga but for the record I’m NOT expecting a feel good ending (my guess would be more like Evangelion) and negative feelings towards both Gabi  & Eren are actually pretty common during the final season.

Edited by Ohayotaku

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I’m at a loss as to what Nazuna sees in Ko, unless all she’s after is his blood in the end. If this show gets a second season and he doesn’t improve as a character, I think I’m probably gonna pass on it.

26 minutes ago, viruxx said:

I’m at a loss as to what Nazuna sees in Ko, unless all she’s after is his blood in the end. If this show gets a second season and he doesn’t improve as a character, I think I’m probably gonna pass on it.

I think she & the other “cougars” view him as naive & innocent and find it charming and nostalgic. But the other way of looking at is as immature, ignorant & pretentious. It’s seems like a kind of a companion  trope to the chunibiyo.

didn’t drop out of school because I’m struggling or being bullied, it’s just not “fun”. Becoming a vampire will allow me to avoid getting a boring job & becoming a member of “grown-up society” and all it’s hassles. I Don’t really understand what it means to be in a relationship, but it’ll work out because girls just naturally like me

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 1

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to watch lately.  I mostly prefer science fiction and nothing lately is even coming close.  I find myself mostly leaning towards rewatching older stuff, but if I considered it good then I've probably seen it.  That or it isn't accessible on any of the streaming sites that I have access to.  If it was good enough to re-watch then I probably have it on DVD anyway.  I don't have the leisure of rewatching marginal (imho) material either.   I'm spending more time gaming than watching anime.

20 hours ago, lsdfairy said:

I started watching Gate today and so far so good.

I liked that one too.  Reminded me of an old SF short story from the 80s by Turtledove named "The Road Not Taken".  :) 

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 12:03 AM, Ohayotaku said:

my favorite sequel of 2022 is currently Attack of Titan Final Season Pt 2, though there are a couple contenders upcomjng (Overlord IV, Golden Kamuy 4, Mob Psycho 100 S3 & though a longshot MHA S6)

I may need to add Shadows House 2nd season as the last couple eps have really upped the game. With 1 more episode left, already hoping for a season 3 since there’s no way it will all be resolved.

Currently watching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, an amusing Magical Girl series where the Magical Girls aren't at all magical and posses no magical powers at all.  While great fun to watch there is a serious story underlying the craziness.

Finished up Overlord S4. And so it all comes to a head this season. But seriously y'all, I have reasons to think Princess Renner is evil in its purest form..... I know, call me crazy. I kept remembering she met with Albedo in the middle of the season, but it seemed for the longest time that it was an insignificant happening because it was downplayed and mostly not touched upon through the rest of the episodes.... until this one. That song she sings near the end of the episode and the revelation of what she plotted was brilliant (and chilling). All I'll say is... poor Climb. I'm definitely glad I'm not him. 😱

Edited by viruxx

36 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Finished up Overlord S4

I still need to rewatch S3 & then binge S4, but should make good progress starting this weekend since most of the summer shows will be over & the fall schedule isn’t in full swing yet.