What anime are you watching now?

Optic

6 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi

I was quite disappointed with the first series of this anime. It started off looking like it was going to be a decent slice of life series with an interesting storyline, then after a few episodes it turned into another by-the-numbers harem show.

• Agree 1

Oh god I've been gone forever again. 

So what's new 

Continued watching Galaxy Express 999 (Around episode 30 now)
See the source image
This show is really depressing. It's all poverty and misery across the galaxy, great start to the Leijiverse

Continued Dragon Ball (Around 45 episodes in)
See the source image
I'm actually really enjoying DB not gonna lie man, Honestly can't image how good DBZ is gonna be.

Completed both seasons Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion 

See the source image

So good such a good anime. So smart and that ending oh its something else man

Completed the first season of Attack on Titan 

See the source image

FUCK YEAH HOW DID I MISS THIS!

Completed the Bubblegum Crisis OVA (1987)

See the source image
Not the best show. A little dated but I enjoyed the ride and plus I mean... can't really complain 

Started Girlfriend Girlfriend 

Saki Saki Kanojo Mo Kanojo GIF - Saki Saki Kanojo Mo Kanojo Kmk GIFs

I Now its trash anime tire but still I liked it for some reason

So that's what I have been watching or am currently watching 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 2

6 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I was quite disappointed with the first series of this anime. It started off looking like it was going to be a decent slice of life series with an interesting storyline, then after a few episodes it turned into another by-the-numbers harem show.

I rather liked the characters of Kaoru, Aoi & Miyabi, but then they added the other girls:

blonde American who likes to grab other girls’ boobs

clumsy big boobed girl with glasses who frequently wears a maid uniform

dark skinned loli 

😅

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

I finally finished Call of the Night. Finally.

This show was weird, because it was kind of hard to get through due to awkward characters (Kou in particular), and yet I wanted to see how it ended anyway. I thought the final scene was a nice touch, but I seriously don't get what Nazuna sees in Kou. Bah... anime, am I right? 😅

If they renew that series, I might give the first 3 episodes a chance, but if Kou hasn't undergone a somewhat significant degree of character development, given what has now happened between him and Nazuna as of the end of S1, I'm probably going to drop it. Not really in any hurry to see it, though. 6 out of 10, IMO. Were it not for the visuals and music, I would probably give it 4.5 out of 10.

So ready for Spy x Family! 😍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm part way through watching Kurogane Communication. Following a major world war all the cities are in ruins and robot fighting machines roam the land. In the episode I've just watched the young girl, who the story revolves around, wanders round the ruins and finds a page from an old newspaper which is dated 2020.
As the series dates from 1998 the creators don't seem to have held out much hope for the world and expected it to be totally destroyed just 22 years later.

So, I finished Attack on Titan the other day with Marathon Guy. I thought it was good, but some animation and designs of the titans was really bad. Like some of the fights were top tier. I also finished Case Study of Vanitas. So, I'm now focused on three anime, the first I started yesterday Spy x Family. It been on my radar, a lot of people on here talk about it, must say the first episode got me to laugh which is rare as often I don't find anime that funny. Beyond Spy x Family, I'm going to start watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes Collison and Magia Record Eve of the Awakening next. 

I'm also likely going to do another watch of Death Note, cause a friend wants to watch it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

the first I started yesterday Spy x Family

I watched the first ep of the 2nd cour & it did not disappoint, having evetything I like about the series. Anya cracks me up with her facial expressions & the things she says. Yor misunderstanding what’s going on but still managing to look cool. And Loid trying to juggle his family & “work” responsibilities. And the newest member of the family showing he’ll fit right in.

Also the 1st ep of My Hero Academia season 6. Nothing spectacular but a solid start to what is framed as a pivotal arc

I’d actually forgotten that Eraserhead’s & Present Mic’s classmate/friend was a victim of early Nomu experimentation & it was a good point to show them having a very personal grudge against the mad scientist. And we got to see musclebound rabbit girl in action (apparently just the beginning since next week’s ep is named after her).

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2

Continuing my rewatch of Overlord. Should be able to binge the final 4 eps of season 3 by the weekend & start season 4. 

First ep of Golden Kamuy season 4. Staying true to form: historical setting, complex characters, shifting alliances, violent action & crude/goofy humor (similar to Jojo in that sense, though the JJBA franchise really hasn’t worked for me). Glad to see this one continue though from what i hear they’ll need at least one more season to finish the story.

The first 3 eps of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Reminiscent of Akira & No Guns Life, but with Trigger’s trademark neon visuals & over the top action. Similar to Call of the Night, I can see it having a sizable fandom, but not my preferred type of anime. I do like the music though & the MC is more likable.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

1st ep of The Eminence in Shadow. What I’d heard about the series made it sound like a parody/satire series. So was a bit surprised at how serious it presented itself initially. Almost felt like watching a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne testing out his brutal band of vigilantism. But eventually the MC reveals his Chūnibyō aspirations

before getting isekai’d by truck-kun and ended with him surrounded by his harem of kemono-mimi minions

🤣 So yeah, this has the potential to be very entertaining. Hope it pulls it off.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Some more first eps:

Reincarnated as a Sword-too much time spent on the MC’s monologues & unfortunately he lacks the personality of Kumoku, Rimuru or Arc to make it entertaining. Hopefully the next ep will be better with the intro out of the way, but still one of the weaker premieres I’ve seen this season.

Mob Psycho 100 III-the expected combination of weirdness, humor & feelz. And once again Reigen manages to come across as both a conman & genuine. How concerned should I be that just like Mob & Serizawa this week I found the client’s situation uncomfortably relatable? 😅

On 9/29/2022 at 5:56 PM, MarathonGuy1337 said:

Started Girlfriend Girlfriend 

I know its trash anime but still I liked it for some reason

It made me laugh more than I like to admit & will probably check out the 2nd season :P 

Continued Dragon Ball (Around 45 episodes in)
I'm actually really enjoying DB not gonna lie man, Honestly can't image how good DBZ is gonna be

I watched all of DBZ Kai & at one point in time was determined to finish the original (pre-Z) series  but burned out on it during the Red Ribbon Army arc to the point where I really don’t want to invest more time in the franchise. Honestly wish I’d skipped GT altogether. Still a slight chance I may try to watch  Picolo’s demon lord intro arc … someday.

Completed both seasons Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion 

So good such a good anime. So smart and that ending oh its something else man

I would probably need to rewatch to refresh my memory before attempting the movies & Akito the Exiled.

Continued watching Galaxy Express 999 (Around episode 30 now)
This show is really depressing. It's all poverty and misery across the galaxy, great start to the Leijiverse

Yeah, he tended not to portray a very bright future in most of his work. I never watched the series but the movie version & especially the original Star Blazers series (Iscandar & Comet Empire) were my introduction to anime. Both remain nostalgic & iconic to me 40 years later.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

I just watched Sunny Days... Shirou is one lucky motherfucker he ends up with both Rin and Saber in this alternate ending to Unlimited Blade Works. Honestly, I'm not sure if I prefer this ending. Saber gets to remain with Shirou, but the other ending, 

Spoiler

Has that final post credit sequence with Archer giving a final monology and then we cut to Shirou out in the desert somewhere has always been a pretty powerful ending. As I find it quite open to interpretation - Shirou is moving forward and will become a Hero of justice and we don't know whether or not he'll end up like Archer or be able to hold onto his own 'borrowed' ideals. However, there is still some hope as Archer reveals in his final line 'I was never wrong' indicating, even if Shirou becomes the Epic Spirt Emyia, that Epic Spirt was set right and now once more reaffirms the ideals that led him to that end. 

So, spoiler out of the way for UBW, I think both endings are really solid, Sunny Days is a more lighthearted and happy ending and the actual ending of UBW is a little more open to interpretation and also slightly more thematically matching to the overall show. 

• Like 1

on the Funimation channel or app

season 12 of One Piece

episode 759

The King of the Night! Master Cat Viper Emerges!"

I checked on the Wikipedia  undee On epiece  episode 759 is season 18 under

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Piece_episodes_(seasons_15–present)#Season_18:_Zou_(2016–17)

But it is fine

right now i just finished the new first episode of Chainsaw Man on Hulu and it was actually pretty good. The opening song really caught my eye it wasn’t one of those openings where you want to skip it and watch the episode again. it was really nice to watch and the design of just everything? love ittt. 

https://youtu.be/dFlDRhvM4L0

I am at or watching 765 of One Piece wear Luffy  and the straw hat crew ask master cat viper about Big mama while they look for and ask Sanji why He is going  to  a wedding  of him and pudding  with the help of the Mink  (animal) tribe

Let us go meet master cat viper
He will know what to do

That is a pretty good song Brook

Edited by Nicholas D. Wolfwood
  • Like 1

Chainsaw Man ep 1 - pretty solid start, got no complaints, but didn’t measure up to all the hype. Still way too early to judge the characters & story (?)

3 hours ago, Nicholas D. Wolfwood said:

will Chainsaw Man ever get dubbed ?

Part of the cast has already been announced 

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/09/19-1/chainsaw-man-english-dub-reveals-main-cast-dubbed-trailer

no idea when the dub eps will be released though (just a guess since I watch subtitled, but I’m thinking sometime in November)

Edited by Ohayotaku