What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I'm back on track on my first watch of Yu Yu Hakusho. I'd got distracted due to re-watch of Fate/Apocrypha, Parasyte and then got lost in a sea of anime others were showing me.

But tonight I had some time to work out were I was and progress through the show some more. 

So I was able to finish the Saint Beast sub arc and move onto the introduction of the Toguro brothers and make it to the dark tournament. 

I've heard nothing but good stuff of the dark tournament arc, the previous Toguro episodes of the ghost detective arc were really, really good. So if it keeps up this is looking like a great series. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Right now I'm rewatching Ergo Proxy because it's been so long since I've seen it, I've actually forgot what it's about. Now I remember why I buy DVD/blu-ray sets after watching new anime. lol

Ergo Proxy, been about a year and a bit since I first sat through it. It one of those atmospheric-philosophical anime shows. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Ergo Proxy, been about a year and a bit since I first sat through it. It one of those atmospheric-philosophical anime shows. 

Yeah, definitely interesting to watch everything unfold the way it has so far.

Finished Overlord IV. The overall progression of the larger story was good, but the arc concerning the conflict between the Dwarves, Quagoa  & Dragons didn’t seem to fit with anything else that happened.

First ep of Urusei Yatsura (2022). Don’t remember enough about the original to make a comparison but it felt pretty meh. Doubt I’ll stick with it long.

First 2 eps of Akiba Maid War. Very entertaining in a tongue-in-cheek way along with a Tarantino  level of violence. One of my favorite new (not sequel or continuation) series of the season along with Eminence in Shadow.

Going to try yo finish Cyberpunk: Edgerunners over the weekend.

Edited by Ohayotaku

12 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

First ep of Urusei Yatsura (2022). Don’t remember enough about the original to make a comparison but it felt pretty meh. Doubt I’ll stick with it long.

To be honest, the full length animated films were actually more enjoyable than the original series was; the only problem was that you had to see the pilot episode of the series where the characters are introduced in order to fully understand why everything is the way that it is in the films. After watching "Beautiful Dreamer", I expected that the series would be something more akin to "Ah! My Goddess!" - it was nothing like that; however, the author of the manga did actually base much of the stories and the characters themselves off of Japanese Folklore and Mythology, which I thought was really neat. Apparently the Oni were like the Japanese equivalents of the Giants and Ogres in many Western Traditions, although it is often translated to mean something like a bad spirit or an Imp. I'm actually disappointed that they decided to reboot the series unless they intended to use the same retro animation style from back in the VHS Era. I'm really not big into remakes as a rule. Why can't they just leave the classics alone? I know why...money.

• Agree 1

On 10/13/2022 at 6:45 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Part of the cast has already been announced 

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/09/19-1/chainsaw-man-english-dub-reveals-main-cast-dubbed-trailer

no idea when the dub eps will be released though (just a guess since I watch subtitled, but I’m thinking sometime in November)

ok  so it will b  dub  soon  ok  will curnchyroll l win the rights to Dub  chainsaw man or will Funimation  that is the next question  after the cast has been assembled

i am  watching Toonami right now & will watch all of this,  ( if i drink enough  Coke a cola and don't fall a sleep)

12:00 AM Housing Complex C The Wheel Comes Full Circle TV-MA
12:30 AM Yashahime Battle on the New Moon, Part 2 TV-14 L
01:00 AM Lupin the Third Part 6    What Crooks Love TV-14 V
01:30 AM One Piece The Worst in the World! A Scientist of Terror - Caesar! TV-PG
02:00 AM One Piece Chopper's Fury! The Master's Inhumane Experiment! TV-PG
02:30 AM Naruto: Shippuden On the Brink of Death TV-14
03:00 AM Made In Abyss Nanachi TV-MA
03:30 AM Made In Abyss The True Nature of the Curse
  • Like 1

The only one of my friends who likes anime came round yesterday and we spent the day watching anime movies.

Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll.

Josee, The Tiger and The Fish.

When Marnie was there.

Three excellent movies, my friend hadn't seen any of them and thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Edited by Animedragon

31 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

watched ep 9 of zero no tsukaima and spoilers:

Hide contents

it hurts that colbert died even though he wanted to live in saito's world,

Daijobu.  Tabitha .... was there.

If you think that hurt, wait until Sa.. er, someone else dies in episode 12.

No, I'm not giving anything away.  ;)

• Sad 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:28 AM, Nicholas D. Wolfwood said:

will Chainsaw Man ever get dubbed ?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-10-18/chainsaw-man-anime-reveals-english-dub-cast-october-25-premiere/.190974

on Crunchy Roll

Now that I’m done with the summer shows, will check out fall premieres in earnest.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Not expecting much in the way of instruction, substance or originality, but seems like a perfectly charming & chill CGDCT. And a source of positive vibes  in the style of Laidback (Yuru) Camp & Diary of our Days at the Breakwater is a good thing to have.

Edited by Ohayotaku

3 minutes ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

Only way we could have celebrated Shirou Day 

download.jpeg.aa456dd25d2d2f1211606126dded1bac.jpeg

Honestly though not bad even if it ran though the plot of UBW at Mach speed.

35994.gif.19f1e55340b3ac7d93f9de03eb31eb5b.gif

Plus it's Rin route and Rin is best girl.

So close, but we all know Saber is best girl. For she is the King of Knights and the defender of Britian. 

See the source image

And is also precious. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, TheSmolestAnimeNerd said:

post rom com suggestions please)

There’s an upcoming Netflix series I’m curious about 

available on 10/27 in the US, note sure about elsewhere

7 hours ago, TheSmolestAnimeNerd said:

bibliophile princess

I watched the first 2 eps yesterday, but didn’t really interest me.  Haven’t checked out Love Flops or More than a Married Couple, but not Lovers yet.

checked out your MAL but you’ve already seen most series I’d recommend. Sorry.

Edited by Ohayotaku

20 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

So close, but we all know Saber is best girl. For she is the King of Knights and the defender of Britian. 

See the source image

And is also precious. 

@MediaConsumesMe

Rinis best girl my reason are pretty obvious.

See the source image

but I can prove it with science!

See the source image

Now on to more important matters 

The other anime I watched recently include the following...

Area 88

See the source image

Really enjoyed this anime defiantly recommend

Outlander 

See the source image

Didn't really care for this one it was very short and felt like it was doing too much. But for a wacky space adventure it was decent time waster.

Tokyo Revelation

See the source image

It was okay but that ending kind of sucked in my opinion maybe better in the original Japanese's IDK 

Five Star Stories 

See the source image

which I finally got to watch just today after starting that whole anime hidden gems discission which I began with this humble little anime that most people had probably never heard off.

Edited by MarathonGuy1337
forgot the name of the guy I was responding to
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

@MediaConsumesMe

but I can prove it with science!

See the source image

Using science to justify the matters of the heart. This is why 'Rin' fans never understand the full scoop of appreciation, respect and admiration we, based Saber worshippers, display. 

Also, as counter evidence I offer this. None other than the King of Heroes deemed Saber to be so beautiful that she belonged with him as one of his treasures. 

See the source image

Gilgamesh > Science

Therefore, Saber is best girl.  

• Like 2
  • Funny 1